• INTJ - Never faithful

0 0%
First 45678 Last

Thread: xNTx fidelity

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

i haven't been in many 'defined' relationships, but they have always been open relationships. so, technically, there has been no cheating. from a monogamous point of view - definitely.

to make the relationship 'open' has always been my suggestion. a very rational one, too - i don't know ANY MAN who has been faithful. not one. and i have many male friends (friend friends) who have told me that. every single man i know has at least had a one night stand while being in a relationship. so me and quite a few of my friends have come to a conclusion that a faithful man is a fairytale creature - a lot of people talk about them but noone has actually ever seen one...

there is just no point to expect someone to be faithful if it's not going to happen. ever.
    on the other hand - if he's free to shag around, so am i.
    hence the open relationships.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post

to make the relationship 'open' has always been my suggestion. a very rational one, too - i don't know ANY MAN who has been faithful. not one. and i have many male friends (friend friends) who have told me that.
    I agree.

And if you now take the male entp ego to ALWAYS automatically do what noone else does, you got one reason why I am faithful.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

i haven't been in many 'defined' relationships, but they have always been open relationships. so, technically, there has been no cheating. from a monogamous point of view - definitely.

to make the relationship 'open' has always been my suggestion. a very rational one, too - i don't know ANY MAN who has been faithful. not one. and i have many male friends (friend friends) who have told me that. every single man i know has at least had a one night stand while being in a relationship. so me and quite a few of my friends have come to a conclusion that a faithful man is a fairytale creature - a lot of people talk about them but noone has actually ever seen one...

there is just no point to expect someone to be faithful if it's not going to happen. ever.
    on the other hand - if he's free to shag around, so am i.
    hence the open relationships.
    It's sad but almost true, from a good few years of asking the question, I'd say between 5-10% of men have fidelity. Which I guess are mainly NT's

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post
    NT infidelity might not be that commonplace because NT's in general may have a tendency to look at the bigger picture and consider the risks, while weighing the pros and cons of the situation. In a relationship, it's typical that time and effort has to be invested to form an emotional/physical/whatever else -"love"- bond, which NT's seemingly aren't as willing to divulge freely to just anyone. .

This bit if very true for me, it takes a lot for me to get interested let alon get involved with a bloke. Risk reward ratio is just not showing a good return.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I agree.

And if you now take the male entp ego to ALWAYS automatically do what noone else does, you got one reason why I am faithful.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    i love you, entropie! no, really, i do!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    It's sad but almost true, from a good few years of asking the question, I'd say between 5-10% of men have fidelity. Which I guess are mainly NT's
    actually, yes. there has been ONE man, an INTP and a very good friend (friend friend) of mine who said that he would break up with his partner if he had the urge to sleep with someone else.

then again, he cheated the woman he was with before AND his relationship he is having now is still very fresh. so i'll wait for a year or so and if he still says that, i might consider i have seen a fairytale creature with my own eyes.

MBTI
    ENTP

actually, yes. there has been ONE man, an INTP and a very good friend (friend friend) of mine who said that he would break up with his partner if he had the urge to sleep with someone else. .
    They do exsist, actually I find if you just ask men they do seem truthful about it.... strangely enough. I may be being neive but I also beleive that non of my exes have ever cheated.

then again, he cheated the woman he was with before AND his relationship he is having now is still very fresh. so i'll wait for a year or so and if he still says that, i might consider i have seen a fairytale creature with my own eyes.
    Bummer, maybe an age thing, maybe he will grow into faithfulness. I think when men are younger thre is more drive and more opportunity (early 20's with enough socal skills etc)....

The upside is I get the genuine impression that at least in theory NT's really don't want to cheat, which is a far cry of opportunistic man hoars....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont have much experience with woman, but I know ISFJ woman do cheat, even from experience -.-

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'm weird, I almost always need to know a person before I go out with them.....
    Nah. I get to know someone for a year first. See them in a variety of situations and mental/emotional states. Allows you to see what you're getting yourself into.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Cheating is irrationality at its worst. If you want to have sex with other women, then break up, and do so.
    I never understood why anyone would do it differently. If you want to keep your current significant other, ask them to swing with you or do an open relationship. Respect them enough to give them the option to decide. If you really don't want to be with them, have the balls to be direct/honest.

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post
    NT infidelity might not be that commonplace because NT's in general may have a tendency to look at the bigger picture and consider the risks, while weighing the pros and cons of the situation. In a relationship, it's typical that time and effort has to be invested to form an emotional/physical/whatever else -"love"- bond, which NT's seemingly aren't as willing to divulge freely to just anyone.
    My free time is extremely important to me. There's no way I'd waste that on a one night stand, much less an involved affair with repeat meetings.