• INTJ - Never faithful

0 0%
First 34567 Last

Thread: xNTx fidelity

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

I find it hard for any guy to overlook the opportunities for hedonistic pleasures. The way I see it, other archetypes are just better at tapping opportunities because they play the game better (SFs, for example).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    I just wonder how many NTs here actually want to do it, but just can't?
    I'll be honest, I've definitely thought about it but part of the reason why I wouldn't follow through with it is because of the possibility of losing what I have with the real relationship.

Considering all of the standards I have, I'm already starting with a shallow dating pool.If I find someone and we get to the stage of being in a committed relationship then that means that the majority of my standards have been met. There's no way I'd through that away for a piece of new and strange dick.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    I just wonder how many NTs here actually want to do it, but just can't?
    Well that's a bigger question... "would yeu do it if there were no restrictions, if yeu wouldn't feel guilty, if noone cared, if yeur SO didn't feel bad about it?"

Durr the answer is YES.

The only reason we DON'T is because we'd get in trouble, or because we were taught it was wrong. If yeu want to do it and hold yeurself back 'because it's wrong' , then if yeu weren't taught it was wrong, and it wasn't taboo, yeu would've done it normally.

The only advantage yeu have there at all is the ability to go against yeur instincts, and instead go with the training yeu were given. Seriously, by not commiting adultery, yeu have just justified yeurself as being as intelligent as... a dog. Because yeu went against basic instinct, and did something yeu were trained to do out of fear of being punished.

Is this a bad thing? Not really, but it doesn't really mean yeu have any 'true' moral high ground, as the moral wasn't held by every civilization either, see the example of rome previously. So going "zomg I don't do that because people say it's wrong" just means yeu're accepting a moral that was told to yeu, not validating it for yeurself whether it's really something yeu truly believe, or if yeu're just going along with it because yeu're scared of reprisal.

Yeu may truly believe it, in which case I'm quite glad that yeu're standing up for whot yeu believe in, even if it can be very difficult to do at times. I just don't like seeing people think they're morally superiour for showing off they're too scared to provide their own opinion and morals and just latch onto the herd mentality for fear of being kicked out of the herd.

Think carefully about yeur opinions and morals, don't just blindly follow everyone else "because it's the right thing to do". If yeu don't know WHY it's the right thing to do, then yeu aren't moral at all, yeu're just scared of getting caught.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm with SerengetiBetty - it takes me SO long to find someone I want to be with, the risk reward balance is out of whack before I start. I do get propositioned more when I am with someone - but I'm looking at those guys and scratching my head thinking "who rattled your cadge"...

anyways this is facinating and so far pretty conclusive... but I need to hit the hay and count Zzzzzzzzzz's

MBTI
    ENTP

Gosh I killed the conversation by going to bed.

It definately seems the vast majority of the NTs are faithful sexually, which is cool. Hopefully we will get a few more responces today

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

If I've agreed to not to see other people I won't see other people...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Faithful to the death !

Heck I am even faithful to a car now for more than 20 years and it is indeed slowly falling apart
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Faithful to the death !

Heck I am even faithful to a car now for more than 20 years and it is indeed slowly falling apart
    I love NT's

Ent - you got the ENTP faithful score up - GO you!

LOL not that this is a contenst.

Lis

NT infidelity might not be that commonplace because NT's in general may have a tendency to look at the bigger picture and consider the risks, while weighing the pros and cons of the situation. In a relationship, it's typical that time and effort has to be invested to form an emotional/physical/whatever else -"love"- bond, which NT's seemingly aren't as willing to divulge freely to just anyone. Perhaps the gap for that is widened depending on the types within the NT category. Supposing that a relationship is shaky, it might make more sense to figure out the cause and attempt to amend that rather than throwing fuel into the fire by cheating. If it's come to that, why not just cut the losses and move on? Maybe there's motivation for revenge, to cause harm, or something.
    But I guess every situation is circumstantially varied, just as the individuals.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I like the idea of a team effort and to personally evolve in a relationship through the relationship.

Of course to find the right one for that is one shot in a million, but still not impossible.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]