• INTJ - Never faithful

0 0%
First 311121314 Last

Thread: xNTx fidelity

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    They SO let the side down, ENTP are nearly 50:50... eeeek

I wonder if it relates to commitment phobia, or short attention span, or the ability to spot a problem a mile off.....
    Did you mean the actual reason for cheating or the justification after that fact from the guilty party?

I think the first two reasons you give can account for Ne wandering eye and "P" dislike of 'finality'/obligation. The whole "grass is greener" syndrome.

I bolded the third one because it sounds like justification/crafting an alibi for after the fact. Like looking for a reason in the relationship to bail out/cheat when there is no actual reason in the relationship. I think an ENTP could excel at that!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi

Yes kind off post rationalisation. I would guess the ENTP would have thought the relationship isn't perfect and their is this really hot girl/guy over there... why not... ENTPs I beleive can justify almost anything.

I'm not condoning it....

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually - given the xFTx results ExxP seems to have about 50:50 unfaithful - although less extreme levels of playing away.

Obviously both of these surveys are small sample sizes..... but indicative I would think.

ExxP's probably have more opportunity vis-a-vis socable/opportunistic.... The P part is probably something along the lines of not valuing structures as much as other types... But hey all this is pure speculation.

L

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    I think that if you make a commitment to somebody, then you should honor it.
    That's the gist of it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I've often equated this kind of setup to "The Ring of Gyges" from Plato's Republic. I must say that I agree with Socrates on this. There are men/women that hold to a standard for reasons other than social ones.

I would not, and have never, cheated in a monogamous relationship. My reasoning, albeit somewhat selfish, is simple. I value my integrity and my strength of will far more than any amount of sexual gratification. Why? Because I realize how temporary any sexual satisfaction is, versus how lasting my integrity is.

I also foresee a great deal of unwanted stress resulting from infidelity, and I'm not inclined to waste my time with such things.

If a person I'm seeing is proposing an open relationship, I will end the relationship all together. It is obvious at that point neither of us will be able to satisfy the others' needs. I require the same exclusivity that I give, and I cannot give anything contrary to that.

My rigidity may end up with me being alone in the end, but I'll be alone with my integrity, and that is a perfectly acceptable outcome for me.

On a side-note, yes, I'm aware of how J I sound.
    love this. it sounds just like my bf... i love dating an INTJ.

MBTI
    ISFJ

So basically the least faithful (ENTPs) are the ones who can get laid more easily, and the most faithful (INTPs) are the ones who struggle to get laid at all.

Like, eufuckingreka...

Never cheated. Will never cheat.

I see cheating as a pussy move. And, I don't take kindly to being made to feel like a pussy/coward, especially from myself.

If I feel the inclination to cheat, my partner will know, and the relationship will end at that time as well. If I can't speak up, I'm a pussy. That shit don't fly.

Also, cheating is dangerous. I would never potentially put another's physical health at risk when they have trusted their health to be tied to mine.

I expect the same from my partner.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    So basically the least faithful (ENTPs) are the ones who can get laid more easily, and the most faithful (INTPs) are the ones who struggle to get laid at all.

Like, eufuckingreka...
    Entry number 98561 of lose-it-at-first-sign-they're-not-wubbed ENFP making idiotic, but marginally humorous, cheapshots at INTPs.

Refreshing!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hi

Rationalist are suppose to be turned off with promisuity, so I thought I'd see who had been shagging around.

Hey I managed to include answers for I's to poll as well - kewl

Lis
    To the extent I'm faithful in a relationship, I would attribute this to four factors:

• having to deal with one person is enough work; juggling more is just exhausting.
    • the possibly ensuing drama is annoying.
    • preference is to under-promise and over-deliver: refrain from making commitments in the first place and honor the few I do make.
    • I become disgusted with people who lack integrity and self-control. The last thing I'd want to do is lower myself to their level.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Entry number 98561 of lose-it-at-first-sign-they're-not-wubbed ENFP making idiotic, but marginally humorous, cheapshots at INTPs.
    You lost me there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    To the extent I'm faithful in a relationship, I would attribute this to four factors:

• having to deal with one person is enough work; juggling more is just exhausting
    • the possibly ensuing drama is annoying.
    • preference is to under-promise and over-deliver: refrain from making commitments in the first place and honor the few I do make.
    • I become disgusted with people who lack integrity and self-control. The last thing I'd want to do is lower myself to their level.
    This.

+ It hurts your partner, of course, even it they never find out about it. It's like stealing from someone you're supposed to love. Why would you do that? If you don't love them, why are you with them?
    It would be arrogant to say I could never, but I can't imagine anything could be more powerful than my aversion to something that I find so disgustingly cowardly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.