• INTJ - Never faithful

0 0%
First 89101112 Last

Thread: xNTx fidelity

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Sorry too Kra, I probably made that sound like I was burning yeu alive for it XD

It was overexaggerating a statement to make the concept more clear, have a bad habit of trying to 'blow up' a picture to be easier to see, but at the same time, this can come off poorly if it's loosely based on someone in particular. So no intentional offense there, sorry for using yeu as an example in quite such a manner. My point still stands, I just didn't mean to imply yeu do all that, nor on nearly that scale ^^

And yes, at some point yeu have to just say, okei, this isn't working, we aren't meshing correctly, and the effort we're expending on trying to make it work is... not... working. That or we, or at least one of us, isn't putting any effort into this at all, or at least nowheres near enough. If we can't get it to work, it's best to just let it die.

It IS possible for people to change drastically enough to no longer be compatible, which I didn't really cover... and at some point yeu do have to have a breaking point. I just try to stress that people don't give up too easily, and to at least try to give it a chance, as that's whot the vast majority of cheating boils down to... one side or the other gave up before they even tried.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I think that if you make a commitment to somebody, then you should honor it.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    I think that if you make a commitment to somebody, then you should honor it.
    Agreed.

But I wouldn't call it an aversion to promiscuity, exactly. If someone isn't in a committed relationship, and wants to have loads of casual sex with multiple different people who are also not in committed relationships, I have no real problem with that.

I doubt I'd do it myself, but if you like it, 'tis your deal.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    Agreed.

But I wouldn't call it an aversion to promiscuity, exactly. If someone isn't in a committed relationship, and wants to have loads of casual sex with multiple different people who are also not in committed relationships, I have no real problem with that.

I doubt I'd do it myself, but if you like it, 'tis your deal.
    Would be a problem only if you needed to be with that guy later on who was in lots of casual relationships.

Do you want to go out for lunch one day by chance ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Would be a problem only if you needed to be with that guy later on who was in lots of casual relationships.

Do you want to go out for lunch one day by chance ?
    True, s'pose that way of life might be hard to break out of. Or the SO would be constantly suspicious that the person hadn't really broken out of it.

I'll be on your side of the pond in about a week. I like cafs.

MBTI
    INTP

It's funny how rational types seem to empathize so much that they are disgusted by breaking a promise without the other person even knowing. Just the pure idea is so off-putting. Why is that?

My relationships either last months and months.. or not at all. If I sense that I have no future with a guy, I'll usually end it in the first one or two weeks. In theory I have no problem with promiscuity, but... bleh. I'd be missing out on an emotional/intellectual connection with casual hookups, and it just doesn't seem like it would be fun.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ive always looked at it this way.

Sex is a biological function, women will stick all sorts of strange and scary phalic objects into themselfs if theyre lonely enough and men will hump pillows if theyre soft enough.

So looking at it this way I really dont feel very motivated just to have sex for the sake of having sex, that doesnt mean I dont WANT to its just I dont feel comfortable following such irrational impulses.

That being said once Im in a relationship all the stops come loose
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    GONE

These responses are interesting because I never thought that being NT would sway you one way or another towards cheating. Basically I thought it had no bearing. I did think (from comments made on the forum) that ENTPs are prone to cheating and the results here back that up (and so far ENTPs are the least faithful of the NTs).

I wonder if regardless of it being an anonymous poll some habitual or past cheaters are hesitant to answer? Or just don't care?

Some of the comments in the thread resonates with what I've seen and heard from INTPs I know irl. The INTPs I know fall hard for people. And they get one-track minded. Once they are enamored with one person, they cease seeing other opportunities (or perhaps they mentally register but they are not interested). And they put a lot work and unnatural effort into obtaining the relationship and don't take it lightly.

Cafe - the INTPs on INTPc who hook up - do you mean with each other? The likelihood of someone cheating also depends on how many opportunities they have to cheat. Maybe meeting fellow INTPs online is just one big opportunity to hook up and therefore cheat and is something you can't replicate irl.

PS I'm gonna start a poll in NF sub-forum if there isn't one already...I know there was one on cheating a while ago but not sure if a poll was included.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Being the "least faithful" of the NTs does not mean we are prone to cheating. I think most NTs see everything we do as a well thought out decision and not an arbitrary impulse, so to cheat on impulse would be to betray our very nature. Premeditated cheating would more than likely lead us to question our own rationality and objectives, which would discourage the act.

For the most part, I guess.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    These responses are interesting because I never thought that being NT would sway you one way or another towards cheating. Basically I thought it had no bearing. I did think (from comments made on the forum) that ENTPs are prone to cheating and the results here back that up (and so far ENTPs are the least faithful of the NTs).

I wonder if regardless of it being an anonymous poll some habitual or past cheaters are hesitant to answer? Or just don't care?
    I wouldn't put much faith in the poll honestly, yeu can have people from whichever denomination voting for personality types they aren't, and there's already been expressed concerns of people trying to force 'their' type into just going with the group as a matter of group honour "zomg intj if yeu say yes yeu'll make all intj's look bad!" kind of thing.

There's also the fact that NOT ONE person has said they would cheat, and I think my posts have been the closest so far at even suggesting such, simply because of the way I'm broadening the question to cover more things than was originally asked.

This could just as easily be a poll testing whot definition yeu think 'cheating' has, or a poll of 'how scared are yeu of people thinking yeu MIGHT be cheating', to several other possibilities.

Note as well that noone has actually put down anything other than 'rare occasions', and this probably also implies significant reason behind why such would occur and the definition may be broadened.

I will admit that I did put down 'ENTP - Occationally been unfaithful', as I was making that decision based on all forms of 'cheating' I'd outlined, not just the one listed. I'm virgin so obviously I can't REALLY have cheated sexually dur >.> However, in terms of not trusting my SO at the time with something emotional? Yeah, which I honestly consider worse... 'sex' on its' own is meaningless without context, if there's no emotional attachment it doesn't mean much. If I found out my SO was cheating on me sexually but insisted it didn't mean anything and was just a physical thing, I'd probably question it to ensure such, but wouldn't care much if that were the case; the emotional attachment's the important part. The STD worries are kind of... important as well considering I do know someone who did get cheated on and caught a permenent one unfortunately.

But anyways, the point is that if they were caught cuddling someone, I'd be way more pissed than the sexual thing... hookers have been around since the start of time, and obviously they aren't getting clients based on emotional need, so we can pretty safely say that 'not all sex is emotionally attached', and as long as someone was careful about it, it'd be frustrating that it'd imply I wasn't providing 'good enough', but that can be worked on as well. I'd just be furious if they felt that I didn't care enough, because if that's the case, then really, why would yeu be going out at all in the first place and considering it to be a significant relationship?

Regardless, there's just alot of things being factored into this whole poll, many of which aren't being shown clearly, One may look further into it and just state that only TWO NT's in total put anything down that they're rarely or never faithful, both of which were the ENTP section as well, in which case they may very well be just using a different definition. It's hardly a clear and accurate poll, despite the best attempts to make it so. For one of the other 'more straightforwards' types, it'd probably be alot more accurate, for the NT forum though... well yeu're asking the people who are most likely to think outside of the given problem, and evaluate the information differently.