User Tag List

First 12

You make it sound as if you are figuring out this stuff when it shouldn't be avaliable at all... in which case it'd be called Claircognizance by the paranormal community. Otherwise that's some impressive deductive skills if it's just based on minor connections... =o

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    Do you ever encounter people not believing you if you tell them?

I often notice that people, especially idealists, just DONT believe me.

Even if I have years of stockpiled "I told you so", they still don't believe me.

Wanting to believe that they/people they like are somehow exceptions to the rules.

Also, because nothing I do relies on the kind of "proof" they want, they discredit me.

Logically shouldn't it be a sort of proof if i'm right?

Often ill point this out to my ENFP friend, and hell just get pissed and say things like "I know im stupid, your smarter than me" and storm off.
    And then he MAKES THE SAME MISTAKES.
    Lol! At that last part.

Actually I learned a while ago to keep my knowledge to myself. As you stated earlier, sometimes I doubt myself (specially on some of the bigger stuff). Usually, my doubts are unjustified. I found people DO believe me when I tell them, and they get uncomfortable around me after that. The only time I will let any of it out is if someone is seeking advice or is confused about something.

I had a guy ask a question on another forum once. I gave him my analysis and he replied, "Wow, your post damn near made me blush." Another "You may know me better than anybody."

I don't talk to many NFs and usually when I tell people, they believe me because there is no denying it. It takes people back more than anything. And often causes people to become distrustful when they know you know such things about them.

I don't like having this kind of info on people, and this is a big reason why I become increasingly introverted the older I get, prefer to interact with people online where information is a little more limited than in person, and only ever talk about myself.

Its kind of creepy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol! At that last part.

Actually I learned a while ago to keep my knowledge to myself. As you stated earlier, sometimes I doubt myself (specially on some of the bigger stuff). Usually, my doubts are unjustified. I found people DO believe me when I tell them, and they get uncomfortable around me after that. The only time I will let any of it out is if someone is seeking advice or is confused about something.

I had a guy ask a question on another forum once. I gave him my analysis and he replied, "Wow, your post damn near made me blush." Another "You may know me better than anybody."

I don't talk to many NFs and usually when I tell people, they believe me because there is no denying it. It takes people back more than anything. And often causes people to become distrustful when they know you know such things about them.

I don't like having this kind of info on people, and this is a big reason why I become increasingly introverted the older I get, prefer to interact with people online where information is a little more limited than in person, and only ever talk about myself.

Its kind of creepy.

The denial thing is ussually me telling someone about someone ELSE, a third party.
    As for there not being anything for me to pick up on, i vehemetly do not belive in psychic abilities, even though I can 'figure' people out so effectivly. Its more like is readily available, but most people cannot see them, or havent trained their minds to pick up on things. I feel like I could show people certain things to look for, but they wouldnt be able to expand on it, most people anyway.
    I do believe that it is all things a person can pick up on, just....very SMALL things. I bet there are psychics that use this actually lol.
    BTW while my memory is better than most people, i would like to state i by no means have photographic memory or even am that alert lol

EDIT: I think that we should find people with other talents and start a crime fighting force! lol
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Pattern recognition.
    This.

I noticed way before i discovered mbti that if people acts certain ways he most likely acts in certain way in totally different allso. You only need to know 2 to 3 different ways of reacting on some situation where you can pick up numerous types of behaviours on unknown situation.

Ill call these three known reactions of a person A, B and C. Now u start seeking patterns in other people you know that react to these things same way(these must be reactions that cant be effected by current emotions or other factors). For example A + C might be d(small letter since reaction is just theoretical) and if d matches with reaction A the chances that your right about reaction d might be true. Then u do the same with for example A + B and u got possible known reaction of e, if e and C doesent match at all, e is most likely false(or that reaction was effected by some emotional factors of the current situation). Now if e and d match and they both match with A, B and C they are quite surely true. Naturally you can build these patterns like branched tree looking if the branches match each others or not. More clear the pattern = more likely to be true, but further you go from the known reactions more likely it is that you make a mistake. Thats why you should compare those theoretical reactions to known reactions(but allso on those that are most likely true) before making eny assumptions, but you can go wadering on theoretical paths little to find a clear path that matches well on known reactions. If you want to be good on this, you cant go wandering too far away so you wont get lost, but allso you need to go far enough to find ansvers.

Naturally you usually know more than 3 things about person you are trying to figure out, so seeking connections between reactions is easier and you can do more accurate assumptions of the persons reaction of a unknown situation.

Those unknown situations can be for example how that other guy would react on something you say, so now u might know what to say or what not to say to other person based something totally different thing than talking.

Hopefully someone understands what im trying to say
    Its not easy to explain intp mind, especially on foreign language..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yeah, I've always been pretty good at figuring out what kind of person someone is just by looking at them. I'm right much more often than not. If I had to put a figure on it, I would say that I'm right at least 80% of the time, and that's a conservative estimate at that.

In the past, if I ran into a type of person that I didn't like, I'd just pretty much avoid having to deal with them, even if there was no personal reason for doing so. Since coming to college, I've learned to just keep my mouth shut or "ignore" how I feel and just deal with people as they come. The only thing I can equate it to is if you were the main character in Fable, you'd do stupid shit like dancing to make people like you more. Believe it or not, that kind of stuff works almost the same way IRL; you just don't see a happiness meter over the person.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Yeah, I've always been pretty good at figuring out what kind of person someone is just by looking at them. I'm right much more often than not. If I had to put a figure on it, I would say that I'm right at least 80% of the time, and that's a conservative estimate at that.

In the past, if I ran into a type of person that I didn't like, I'd just pretty much avoid having to deal with them, even if there was no personal reason for doing so. Since coming to college, I've learned to just keep my mouth shut or "ignore" how I feel and just deal with people as they come. The only thing I can equate it to is if you were the main character in Fable, you'd do stupid shit like dancing to make people like you more. Believe it or not, that kind of stuff works almost the same way IRL; you just don't see a happiness meter over the person.
    Ive completelly taken the opposite route, im college-age and pretty much act completelly myself around people, then after I get confirmation that they are not aquantance material, I just ignore them.

Socially inept is the wrong word, i am a social manipulating wizard, its just I think the rituals of this stuff make me feel like a stupid animal, so I try to rise above it. fuck ritual.
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTPs are good at filling in the blanks. They're studious, observative, and are natural deducers. The intuitive pairs well with the thinking and perceptive traits, and we are constantly trying to grasp an abstract, systematic whole by putting it together piece by piece, like a jigsaw puzzle.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4