User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default NT's and some career questions

I'm interested in knowing what actual NT members do for a living, if they are happy in that capacity, and what they would rather do (if applicable). Feel free to keep it as vague or detailed as you are comfortable with. And, certainly things like "currently unemployed", "housewife", "student", and "Mr. Mom" are acceptable. If there are a lot of responses, I may tally up the responses and report back with the results. Should be interesting. Here are my questions for those who are willing to participate.

1. What is your type? (ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP)

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older?

3. What is your current occupation?

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up)

5. What one occupation/line of work do you currently wish you were in?

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'll start.

1. INTP
    2. Wanted to be a professional athlete
    3. Currently unemployed/entrepreneur (in the start-up stage)
    4. The entrepreneurial part is proving to be an "A". The unemployed part, of course, can be fun but difficult at times without a steady paycheck.
    5. Wouldn't want to be in another field. Entrepreneurial is where I need to be.
    6. I face roadblocks of laziness/lack of motivation or thinking I should go back to school and get something more steady. I think the biggest roadblock in years past was that I might fail miserably, but I no longer believe that.

Edit: Another roadblock is pressure from family and friends to do something more "normal" or to do what they think I should do. It's not so much a roadblock as it is a nuisance.

MBTI
    xxxx

1. INTP
    2. Scientist
    3. Student, unemployed otherwise
    4. A/B
    5. I prefer to think that I'm always right where I'm supposed to be. Why wish anything else?
    6. Every roadblock is an opportunity. Occasionally, this opportunity a chance to refine a vision. If the initial road planned does not work, there is always another road.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP

1. What is your type? I am an ENT(jp)

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older? From 7-10 wanted to be a neurosurgeon because I was convinced it was the hardest occupation to have. I also wanted to be a lawyer.

3. What is your current occupation? I am a student and a legal assistant mainly with a few other jobs mixed in.

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up) Student = A, Legal Assistant = D+

I wish I was a lawyer or a meteorologist

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.) Nothing. I will make it happen... or else

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INTP

1. INTP
    2. I don't recall anything specific, I enjoyed building elaborate systems of all kinds like artificial languages/alphabets.
    3. IT
    4. F - I hate it.
    5. Farming
    6. Experience and knowledge, it will take me some time.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

ENTP

2. What one thing, as a child, did you MOST want to do/see yourself doing for a living when you got older?

Nothing. I had no clue, it's taken me years to really figure it out, one of the drawbacks with being a 'rennesance man' is the lack of commitment to any idea.

Unemployed, headed into college shortly, courses shall be for animation and 3d design, focusing on video games <3

4. How happy are you in that occupation? (let's assign grades for those who want to keep their answers short; A=VERY happy, B=fairly happy, C=ehh, it's a job, D=not a happy camper when I'm at work, F=completely fed up)

Not sure yet, but hopefully A to B. There's always downsides, I mean work is WORK, if it were fun 100% of the time yeu wouldn't get paid right? I think this's one I could actually enjoy though long term ^^

Honestly I'd prefer working with AI scripting, writing, dialogue and level design for games, but there really isn't anything for courses for those, and I can do most of them already, using the other more to get my foot in the door, and going to branch out from there.

6. What are the roadblocks that are keeping you from your most highly desired occupation? (i.e., requires too much people interaction, don't want to spend 3 more years in school, would require too much time away from family, I'm just plain lazy and haven't done it yet, etc.)

Short attention span, lack of in-market contacts, lack of experience, lack of education (currently), the company I want to work for requires being in the USA to work for them which's going to mean all sorts of fun when trying to move down there eventually. Oddly, my ENTP personality has little effect on this as I specifically catered the decision around my strengths and weaknesses with that in mind, so that it would be one of the best things I could do without going crazy. Or at least no moreso than I already am.

1. INTP
    2. Army special forces officer and instructor (ages 11-15)
    3. Software developer for research apps (contrast 2 vs. 3 = )
    4. Varies A-B depending on project, creative aspects, and independence
    5. a) Landscape photographer, b) wilderness guide/instructor, or c) software entrepreneur (working seriously on the latter )
    6. a) Limited market/difficult to break into market; b) being away from family/kids too much; c) time spent in my current job :steam:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

1 ENTP MOFO

2 I wanted to be batman or failing that a comic book artist.

3 unemployed and looking for a job

4 considering Im looking for a job F

5 Have been toying with the idea of being an FBI agent or pursueing a career as a professional musicain. These are my current ideas but the thought of being a writer has been in the back of my mind awhile(probably realted to my childhood wish to make comics)

6 Its a long story.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    INTP.

Space exploration / colonization (way to pick something realistic, Kelric!). But I'd still take it instantly were it possible.

IT/programming/project management

Varies a lot. Solving problems and designing/building applications gets an A, customer service gets a D+, the bureaucracy gets a solid D-, lack of appreciation (from my management and most clients) gets a D-. Overall I'd have to say D+. Maybe. I'd seriously think of doing something else if the opportunity arose.

Author, Professional Golfer, and of course, retired .

Finances, don't want to / can't afford to start over (again), the rather low (haha, understating that ) likelihood I'd be able to support myself writing or playing golf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

1. ENTJ

2. Poet

3. Student (philosophy)

4. B-

5. Writing.

6. Lack of quality work I guess. Lack of networking. Laziness.
    wails from the crypt.