• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs are big babys?

HaHa

MBTI Type
ENTP
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/16/opinion/16gopnik.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&em

When I was reading this article, I was struck in particular by a couple of bits.

"Babies and very young children are terrible at planning and aiming for precise goals. When we say that preschoolers can’t pay attention, we really mean that they can’t not pay attention: they have trouble focusing on just one event and shutting out all the rest. This has led us to underestimate babies in the past. But the new research tells us that babies can be rational without being goal-oriented.

Babies are captivated by the most unexpected events. Adults, on the other hand, focus on the outcomes that are the most relevant to their goals."

"Each kind of intelligence has benefits and drawbacks. Focus and planning get you to your goal more quickly but may also lock in what you already know, closing you off to alternative possibilities."

It seems to me that the mind of an ENTP works in a very similar way to that of a small child. This might contribute to our apparent "immaturity" along with the prodigious creativity. Anyone smarter than me want to offer an opinion?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
It seems to me that the mind of an ENTP works in a very similar way to that of a small child. This might contribute to our apparent "immaturity" along with the prodigious creativity. Anyone smarter than me want to offer an opinion?

sure.

wrong.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't know whether or not to make a terrible play on words between the OP's name and Geoff's last statement or assume we're being trolled.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Haha - HA HA!

:laugh:

:nice:

And etc.

In defense of you big babies though, I think the 'inability to focus' (procrastination, totally missing details, not paying attention in general, etc.) and 'creativity' is linked more to Ne dominance. So really that would cover NPs in general.

"Lack of focus and follow through" can be considered a facet of immaturity but it's generally emotional immaturity that gets people tagged as "immature" after the age of say, 18, or 21, or 44, etc.

Sooooo, you got any articles on that? :D

sculpting

I with czecze on the Ne thing. I have the attention span of a housefly. Although I have seen a few entps that are like houseflies on meth. They seem to be able to turn that on and off better than me though.

And yes you guys can be like little kids-not all of you but the yonger guys especially. Not innocent really, I dunno... Just everything is new and fun, and exciting... like little kids. playful.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ESFPs are the babies.

ENTPs are 12-year-olds.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can genuinely say the one time the soda machine gave me two mountain dews was the single best 30 seconds of my life. Then I gave it to the first person I saw, 2end best 30 of my life.

My freinds say Im easily amused.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
That's almost as amazing as the time I found a 3-lobed peanut.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Taken from socionics.com

"ENTp uncovered

ENTps are far from angels. Don't be fooled by their clumsiness, spaced-out behaviour and over-friendliness. Behind it all is a very cold rational mind, motivated by a starvation for attention. So, if an ENTp is friendly and nice to you: a) they want you to like them; b) they also need something else from you. ENTps care very much what others think and feel about them. In this case the "others" in question are everyone except close friends and family, because close friends and family form a special circle. If an ENTp would open the door to you in their underwear, you are probably already inside this special circle. However, you can find yourself outside this circle as quickly as you found yourself inside it.

If you let an ENTp openly know that you do not like them, you will probably earn yourself the title of enemy #1. And beware to have them as an enemy. ENTps are great masters of tricks and deceits, often more than ESTps, and what's more they do it in a very skilful manner. ENTps are masters of arrangement and sharp psychoanalysts, able to foresee exactly how others can react to a situation. They can turn the whole world against you, if you are not careful. ENTps also have the unique ability to make a deal with their conscience. They can successfully justify almost any wrong doing, thus ensuring that they will sleep well at night.

Although ENTps are widely acclaimed for their originality, there are two sides to this coin. Just as ENFps, ENTps are very curious and process a lot of information, similar to a gold digger washing out the soil looking for gold. And ENTps know where the "gold" is. They are often well aware of some new and unusual discoveries. Such information is usually available to everyone who is interested enough to look for it, but not many people are that bothered. ENTps ideas are often based on these discoveries and for someone who didn't know that these findings are already in existence, ENTps ideas may look very radical and original.

Their true originality is in their ability for lateral combinatory thinking. ENTps are mostly interested in improvements, modernizations and innovations of something that already exists and is well known. James Dyson gave birth to a cyclone action vacuum cleaner. The cyclone effect is based on physics and has been known for centuries. Applying this effect to the household vacuum cleaner was an act of lateral thinking. Did Dyson invent something radical? He just made a better vacuum cleaner. In retrospect, it would probably be fair to say that ENTps are better classified as inventive-modernizers.

In conclusion, any type is capable of being inventive, creative, original and full of ideas. Keep your mind open about this."

F

FigerPuppet

Isn't the Socionics ENTp is more like MBTI ENTJ because of the ordering of the functions?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Isn't the Socionics ENTp is more like MBTI ENTJ because of the ordering of the functions?

the last letter is only switched for introverts, extroverts are the same.

EDIT: Also I think that "big kids/childish" is a better way to describe it. "Big Baby" gives teh image of someone whines and pouts whenever they dont get their way.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
the OP, yes I do think ENTP can be big babies, they like the adventure of exploring things in a discovery way rather than an objective way. I do think ENFP's are just as bad :) if not worse.

I'd also say that ENTP can swtich it off and use it less as they mature, but they will still have a degree of childishness in their characters I think

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Their true originality is in their ability for lateral combinatory thinking. ENTps are mostly interested in improvements, modernizations and innovations of something that already exists and is well known. James Dyson gave birth to a cyclone action vacuum cleaner. The cyclone effect is based on physics and has been known for centuries. Applying this effect to the household vacuum cleaner was an act of lateral thinking. Did Dyson invent something radical? He just made a better vacuum cleaner. In retrospect, it would probably be fair to say that ENTps are better classified as inventive-modernizers. "

I tend to actually admit to this generally XD

There was a commercial that played at one time awhile ago, that I found fit myself very well. They basically stated as their motto "We don't make alot of the things yeu enjoy, we make alot of the things yeu enjoy BETTER"

Which's fully accurate. I myself am not very good at comming up with something basic on my own... I'm not sure why, but I just don't. However, I'm more than capable of tracing tons of information from various sources, and taking a bland basic idea, and improoving it to the point of amazing.

Give me something to work with and yeu'll have a masterpiece in short order. Give me nothing, and it's going to suuuuuuuuck XD

As to the 'big baby' part though... I don't really think so. There are some slight lateral consistancies, but such is true of everything if yeu force it enough. One could just as easily say.... "zomg ENTp's are cats!" really because they are aloof, able to plot quite well, and are quite dangerous while using the same traits to make them endearing despite a somewhot malicious side to them if they don't get whot they want. Yeu can do this with lots of things even, pick and choose which aspects yeu want to imply carefully, and I'm sure that we could assume that say... an ENTp is equivilent to a bus loaded with drunken monkies weilding chainsaws for arms and bubblegum launchers for legs. I'm not entirely sure just HOW that would be the case just yet, but I'm reasonably sure if I felt like bothering, I could probably twist something in to fit it anyway.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
As to the 'big baby' part though... I don't really think so. There are some slight lateral consistancies, but such is true of everything if yeu force it enough. One could just as easily say.... "zomg ENTp's are cats!" really because they are aloof, able to plot quite well, and are quite dangerous while using the same traits to make them endearing despite a somewhot malicious side to them if they don't get whot they want. Yeu can do this with lots of things even, pick and choose which aspects yeu want to imply carefully, and I'm sure that we could assume that say... an ENTp is equivilent to a bus loaded with drunken monkies weilding chainsaws for arms and bubblegum launchers for legs. I'm not entirely sure just HOW that would be the case just yet, but I'm reasonably sure if I felt like bothering, I could probably twist something in to fit it anyway.

I agree with you completel-OH MY GOD. I just relized it, 9+11=20 20/5=4 4=the 4th reich 4th reich=jews jews= jes did 911.