User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    This is a heavy think tank?
    I'm not sure if I would call this forum a "heavy think tank", but I'm fairly certain there are several very gifted individuals on the forum, and even the average poster is of above average intelligence. The quality of discussions is one big reason I like to visit here. I originally thought about joining Mensa, but they have membership dues and I'd have to fork out money to take an official IQ test. I'm too cheap for any of that, and I realized the main thing I wanted was to discuss N type topics, so I started looking for MBTI type forums instead. The people here are fairly bright overall.

To the OP:
    Based on your description I'd say this girl is a mistyped ENTx of some sort. Blunt communication and promiscuity are not out of character for ENTx's at all. It is also not uncommon for an ENTx to mistype as INTP. The other option is that she really is an INTP, but her upbringing taught her to extravert behavior to the point so that she acts like a ENTx much of the time. That's my $.02.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

She sounds like a goldigging skankasaurus to me. Stay clear dude, unless you want a lot of unnecessary baggage. I'm not sure if she's an INTP, but then again my former best friend sounds a lot like her. I don't know... I wouldn't even bother being friends with someone like that.

Anyway, why do you care? Kind of seems a bit obsessive to me. She is or she is not. Who gives a shit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I'm the INTP chick in the OP.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    1. She doesn't like to show up to anyone in the forum, in real life. There's a considerable degree of anti-social behavior there, for certain. So everybody else in the forum that I know personally has little facts to work with on mapping her out. But this girl shows up enough of an online presence that a lot of people would wanna talk about her. My initial hunch is that the forum is SENSOR dominated, and that's probably one of the reasons why she's considerably elusive.

2. Her emotional facets/range are severely restricted. And if that's an observation from an INTP guy, that EFFIN' says a lot. It's usually just two types: promiscuity and trolling/sarcasm. It's kinda a weird duality, in my opinion. How can a girl be considerably a sociopath and at the same time, leave some room for promiscuity. At least almost all the promiscuous girls I know are extroverted. This is a bit of an anomaly. In the first place, INTP promiscuity is borderlining oxymoron.

3. Well, come to think of it, if you're a promiscuous INTP girl, it does have a certain degree of appeal if you're promiscuous minus the emotional baggage that SFs usually exhibit. There's not much expectation for romanticizing the lifestyle, unlike some extroverted SFs that would always seem to add a sugarcoated meaning to it. Being an INTP certainly restraints that emotional side.

4. She came from a possibly heavily conservative SJ family (take note that she's just new to MBTI and she hardly knows the jargon yet), and she told me one that sensuality became her "outlet" of some sort. But with her asshole attitude, it could buffer the effect of the outlet. Not to mention that she said that in her family, showing emotions is a sign of a weakness. So I guess that explains number two.

5. She's smart. She's 18 (I'm 27). She talks to to me like we're on equal footing (that's a glaring INTP sign right there). Still, I find her to be too arrogant. A lesson that I want every noob INTP to learn is that, learn to show courtesy to the person that can understand you because there are not a lot of them, and almost every INTP secretly wants to be understood.

6. I flirt with her sometimes. She flirts sexually. Hardly traces of emotions there. I hardly push it though, since if she toggles the flirtation with her sarcasm, I'll be on the losing end. I'm not a heavily sarcastic INTP, even during in my most arrogant state.

7. She's super reckless in her delivery of her sarcasm. Pretty much like ESFP kind of reckless. Unlike ESFP kind of reckless, which is more rooted towards idiocy and lack of forethought, her's is more piercing, deeply rooted, and pounds deep. She'll be surprised if you react emotionally to the statement. She doesn't have that much developed forethought yet, but her sarcasm is hardly shallow.

8. She hates girls. At least that's what she tells me. She's more drawn to guy friends. I think it's more of a hatred for SF that girls in general. She's also drawn towards "established" men (ENTJ?). I don't think it's purely materialism right there. But I think it's more like she realizes somewhat that her anti-culture state can be a potential hindrance of some sort to future success, that's why she wants a buffer of some sort. Though she's still young, and I see in her the desire of wanting to prove a lot of things. Sort of a childish idealist dilemma of some sort. Being at my current age of 27, I don't carry the same level of arrogance and idealism anymore.

9. Lastly, in terms of fondness with this girl, I would say that ENFJ and INFJ girls are more complementary to an INTP. I have a certain degree of developed extroverted-ness and Fi and flirting isn't hard for me to do, and I say NFs are more complimentary. But this INTP girl comes in interesting as someone that you want to dissect cerebrally. She feels a bit awkward that I have a better degree of sociability and I would sometimes teach her the virtue of being politically correct. Well, if you're inherently anti-culture/anti-norm, being politically correct, even if just pretentiously, shouldn't hurt that bad. It will give her better mileage in the long run. So far, she's not embracing the idea, and would always insist that she should have enough breathing room on what to say, even if it's a very annoying statement she'll be giving.
    I do not see any thing here that is non-INTP. Why is there so much type doubt surrounding her?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Anyway, why do you care? Kind of seems a bit obsessive to me. She is or she is not. Who gives a shit.
    That was my first impression, that you should calm down a bit. I'm not exactly sure whether you're "into" her or just curious about her being a INTP.
    If you're into her, and I'm getting this vibe because you're talking about her sexuality, compatibility to INTPs, and flirting and all that jazz, I don't think this is the right way to approach her...

If you're just curious, then I'll answer the questions.

1. I've never felt the need to try to be SF, I dress how I want and I act how I want, the only oppposing forces is when it's time to express my aspirations and true opinions. I know one example: We had to write a essay on what we want to do in the future. The obvious answer (and most respected) and common in my classroom was to get good grades, have good friends, go to college, fall in love and have kids. (This was very SF in my eyes) period. I decided not to do the essay because my idea of goals is to experience- just mainly, learn and experience the world of new things while expressing my creativity. At that time I didn't want to go to college, so I guess to the teachers that meant = slug.

2. ...what?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post

Some questions:
    1. INTP men are usually pressured socially to be TJs. Are INTP females more pressured to be SFs?

2. Is this sensuality outlet an isolated care? Or does a lot of INTP girl relate to this?
    1. Sure. Maybe not "pressured" exactly, but it seems like it would be way easier to get along with girls as an SF. As I mentioned somewhere else, our behavior is often misinterpreted (as aloof, innocent, shy, arrogant, etc.) and seems to elicit actual jealousy. This is a problem when you don't appear part of the group.

2. Her form of "sensuality" (you sure you don't mean sexuality?) seems to be more of an isolated case. Check out the promiscuity thread here; INTPs DO NOT like it, haha. Perhaps she doesn't take sex seriously, or is cynical based on events in her life. She might not like romance at all. I can see how INTPs could be blase about sex as a "base" activity that motivates people instead of more worthy intellectual pursuits. But there's no way to know why she does that.. maybe poor social skills.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

1. I guess INTP girls could be pressured to be SFs, but personally, I would never feel pressured to lean that direction. I agree with an earlier poster, when things are tough and people are being particularly critical of my behavior, I just wish I were a guy so that people would leave me alone. (Not that I wish I were a guy, but at times it would make life easier.) People could probably attempt to pressure an INTP girl, but I don't think she would be swayed to act more SF unless she could get something out of it.

2. Probably an isolated case. I couldn't relate to that at all. Not unless I severely snapped and because a completely different person.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LEVINA View Post
    That was my first impression, that you should calm down a bit. I'm not exactly sure whether you're "into" her or just curious about her being a INTP.
    If you're into her, and I'm getting this vibe because you're talking about her sexuality, compatibility to INTPs, and flirting and all that jazz, I don't think this is the right way to approach her...
    +1

OP is creepy. And judgemental.

How do you even know she is promiscuous? Because of her interaction style? Hint: she's also sarcastic. She probably thinks you're a moron and is having some fun at your expense.

Go girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISTP

1. INTP men are usually pressured socially to be TJs. Are INTP females more pressured to be SFs?
    I feel strong societal pressure to be a J, specifically, ESFJ (in my personal, specific environment, that is - Js, Ts, ENTPs with strong focus on competence, quite a few Ss!). I feel that females definitely are more expected to be Fs (well, duh, this is a well-established fact haha). S, I'm not so sure, but I think people find female Ns delightful as well (particularly NFs).

2. Is this sensuality outlet an isolated care? Or does a lot of INTP girl relate to this?
    Uhm, hmmm. I think its not that common, but I can relate to it. It is my opinion that most INTPs wouldn't really bother with 'sensuality' as you put it - I can see female INTPs thinking its a ridiculous waste of time, all that stupid 'big talk' being empty and useless. HOWEVER, I can see INTPs using this (sensuality) to kind of gain control over the situation - what comes to my mind is Enneagram sexual variant. (feisty, kinda.)

Haha i also have to say that i relate to your whole page ramble on this one girl - its so INTP

MBTI
    INTP

I definitely felt/feel the pressure to be more SF - however, it all amounts to a social veneer, never an actual possessed trait. On other words, I can kinda fake it, but it is never a knee jerk reaction. It isn't that I don't have feelings, it's just that they are in my head. Feelings are VERY overwhelming to me and I shut down. It takes time and solitude to organise them into usefulness. So, faking the SF for shallow, societal reasons is an acquired survival technique, but internally it feels awkward to the extreme. There are just so many more [I]efficient[I] methods of communicating.

I can relate to it. I grew up in a similiarly repressive background and mixed signals about sexuality. I got a lot of attention because of my looks - which I rejected as shallow, obnoxious, gross. I quickly felt disgust at the complete disregard for my brain and contempt for the 'power' my looks gave me. However, the first guy that came around that played hard to get was a challenge and 'safe' for me to express myself sexually. I'm guessing that although INTP women are rare -- that libido will vary amongst individuals. Past sexual abuse can affect behavior as well. I can honestly say though I thoroughly enjoy sex and appreciate it, it doesn't mean the same thing emotionally to me as it does to my spouse.....it's a biological function. There are many factors that affect sexuality.