User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ

One of my friends is an INTP girl who is quite promiscuous. She used to be socially awkward, but then got over it. The type doesn't fit her perfectly, but then when you go through all the letters, nothing else could fit at all.

MBTI
    ENTP

ewe, it depends on what you call promiscuous (I'm dreading the reply).

NT's typically are suppose to be less promisuous, however as a teennager they may not be thinking in terms of "big relationships", more experimenting with their sexuality so they can get the feel.

I had a policy as a teenager - my bfs needed to annoy the hell out of my mum/bros and not be the sharpest tools in the box...

Lid

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Haha, I can relate to a lot from her profile. I'm also 18.

The only points that don't apply to me are the promiscuity and the misogyny.

If anything, I'm a bit of a misandrist. I'm attracted to both sexes, but I tend to approach relationships with males in a much more cynical light. Whenever a guy shows interest, I automatically think, "Yeah, right. He only wants to get into my pants. He's just BSing me because he thinks that as a young girl, I'll lap his sentimental crap up". I'm a bit of a bigot that way; I find it hard to believe that guys can fall in love at my age.

I guess the promiscuity applies to some extent. Having recently come out of a long-term relationship, I feel emotionally drained. With University just around the corner, I don't have it in me to settle down. Since the relationship ended I've staggered into a couple of casual encounters, but nothing serious. But I don't have the drive to keep this lifestyle up. One of the affairs went badly, anyway; the guy wanted to "cook me dinner". I took evasive action and severed all means of contact.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yes, and I think INTP females are also pressured more to be Es.

There is no female version of the strong silent type or the absent-minded professor archetype. Sociability and interpersonal grace is a little more expected out of them.
    This is very true in my experience. Also, a lot of men are not looking for equals intellectually. They're looking for cheerleaders for their accomplishments. They're looking for a much "softer" creature than the INTP female.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Being academic in nature, the forum is pretty much intellectual in nature, though not as heavy of a think tank community than this Typology Central forum
    Lol.

2. Her emotional facets/range are severely restricted. And if that's an observation from an INTP guy, that EFFIN' says a lot. It's usually just two types: promiscuity and trolling/sarcasm. It's kinda a weird duality, in my opinion. How can a girl be considerably a sociopath and at the same time, leave some room for promiscuity. At least almost all the promiscuous girls I know are extroverted. This is a bit of an anomaly. In the first place, INTP promiscuity is borderlining oxymoron.
    You are confusing sociopath with schizoid.

Sociopaths lack empathy, but that does not hinder their extraversion. Schizoids are the ones who avoid human interactions.

Also, there are plenty of promiscuous introverts. You just don't notice it as much because they tend to be more discreet about it, being introverts and all.

Some questions:
    1. INTP men are usually pressured socially to be TJs. Are INTP females more pressured to be SFs?

2. Is this sensuality outlet an isolated care? Or does a lot of INTP girl relate to this?
    Now granted I'm niether an INTP nor a girl (alas), but having known a few I'll chime in anyway.

1. A lot of NT women lament the difficulty of being an NT woman in our society. Few of them wish to be SFs though. Some of them envy the social prowess of ExxP counterparts, but if anything, in times of social distress, NT women think life would be easier if they were men, not SFs.

2. No, not really. It's one of those "sensing" experimentation stages a lot of young INTPs go through.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

She sounds like a total NT, even if she's not INTP. Honestly, she seems to fit the NT archetype more strongly than most of the NTs on this forum... just totally uninterested in emotion and people, does what she can to get by with it. I don't see any F in there. There's a possibility she might be an ST, but that seems unlikely.

I'd say she sounds like either a really messed up ENTJ, an INTP, or an INTJ... definitely not an ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, I've psychoanalyzed a girl I liked with the MBTI before.

Just ask her out; bi-polar psychopaths are great in the sack

Seriously, though, I found your snippet about INTP reckless sarcastic humor to be very true of my INTP brother.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

One of my closest friends from college is an INTP, and I was completely shocked and flabbergasted, mainly because he's a dumbass and doesn't think for himself.

^true.

So, you'd be surprised at what you find when you stop looking at archetypes and similarities and start looking at actual types.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    YaYa

This is a heavy think tank?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    This is a heavy think tank?
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I mean, really??

If this forum is a "heavy think tank" by most people's standards, rather than a casual environment with intellectual elements seeping in, then I hate to think how normal people interact. And I hate even more to imagine what people like Provoker and BlueWing must seem like to THEM. Though I must admit, I have been on forums where I came across to the average person the way BW comes across to us, so... there might be something to it. *shudders*