• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] relationships xNTJ's with xNTP

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I suspect the phrasing of this is wrong....."The ENTP's pitfall includes over-estimating their abilities"

If you mean - I think my abilities are more than they are - then it is wrong - I know my strengths and weakensses.

If you mean over-estimate how much I can take on in terms of work volume - then I totally agree, I regularly take on more than I ought too (use to carring a big load), but I'm not good at 1. turning stuff down or 2 realising when there is too much .... it's a I can be a proper martyr for the cause...

Lis

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I can see this pattern in the ENXXs, actually. The worse case of it was in an ENFP. :) Everybody bites off more than what they could chew, yet certain types are prone to it than others.

I don't push agendas on other people, except if I'm in a project with them since the overall results relies on the team's effort. I'd normally schedule things around them. Not sure about the rest of the INTJs.

You're my one and true godess :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I suspect the phrasing of this is wrong....."The ENTP's pitfall includes over-estimating their abilities"

If you mean - I think my abilities are more than they are - then it is wrong - I know my strengths and weakensses.

If you mean over-estimate how much I can take on in terms of work volume - then I totally agree, I regularly take on more than I ought too (use to carring a big load), but I'm not good at 1. turning stuff down or 2 realising when there is too much .... it's a I can be a proper martyr for the cause...

Lis

I also know my strengths and weaknesses and only take on things that I know I can do. I never over or under estimate. I take on what I can handle, but I lose interest and motivation because after a certain point, I just don't give a shit anymore. I get bored with things and move on way before the project is finished.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
errm, I always say boobs if I dont know what to say so: boobs

Who would have known there's a hidden Jeffster in an ENTP? ;)

The thing is that vacations are not insignificant for some people. When I get away, I *need* to feel like I have finally regained control of my life. Go where I want, when I want, catch up on sleep or books or partying. I can't regain control if someone is controlling me.

But the pitfalls for us as a group, I think, is not giving a shit about things that could probably warrant more attention.

To clarify: I meant it's not significant enough to warrant a personal change. Indeed vacations are ways people use to relax and they would often prefer to do so in their most natural state.

Hmmm, good idea. :) I wonder if it's a general NP thing.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

This. ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get bored with things and move on way before the project is finished.

Oh administration - imortant, nessesary, but I'm like a naughty 6 year old who simply wont go to bed.... I only do it if it's ABSOLUTELY nessesary for a real reason.

The taking too much on thing - oddly enough - and other ENTP's will want to wash my mouth out with soap and water - is that I actually don't like to say no to legitimately important programme of work. Somewhere deep inside is a people pleaser.... :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The taking too much on thing - oddly enough - and other ENTP's will want to wash my mouth out with soap and water - is that I actually don't like to say no to legitimately important programme of work. Somewhere deep inside is a people pleaser.... :D

Yeah, but when I take on those types of projects, I always finish them to completion. If someone is depending on me, I will move mountains to get it done, rather than ruin my reputation. But I let things fall to the wayside in my personal life, because I just don't care.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, but when I take on those types of projects, I always finish them to completion. If someone is depending on me, I will move mountains to get it done, rather than ruin my reputation. But I let things fall to the wayside in my personal life, because I just don't care.

YES - and I've not been on a date in how long.......... :) You know I can manage multimples of millions of pounds at work down to under £10 in accuracy - but my personal banking is a train crash LOL (typical ENTP)...

LOL I think in all fairness it may be an NT thing, they fit their life in around work not work around their lifes.... it's really not self respecting... although I suspect NT's use work as a form of intellectual stimulation rather than just working for money - but thats just a PoV..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
YES - and I've not been on a date in how long.......... :) You know I can manage multimples of millions of pounds at work down to under £10 in accuracy - but my personal banking is a train crash LOL (typical ENTP)...

LOL I think in all fairness it may be an NT thing, they fit their life in around work not work around their lifes.... it's really not self respecting... although I suspect NT's use work as a form of intellectual stimulation rather than just working for money - but thats just a PoV..

You havent been on a date because you have to manage multiples of millions of pounds ? :D

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here is something I've seen in an ENTP. He tends to shoot for ideas that are beyond what he can sufficiently support. This is what I also meant by over-estimating his abilities. Ni dominants do the same, but the thought sits in back of the mind until it's ready. The Ne user throws them right out. It may be a method of using their environment to process their thoughts. (This is another example of seeing someone's actions in my light. Ex: How NTPs are 'lazy' to NTJs.)

Of course, not every ENTP will relate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Here is something I've seen in an ENTP. He tends to shoot for ideas that are beyond what he can sufficiently support. This is what I also meant by over-estimating his abilities. Ni dominants do the same, but the thought sits in back of the mind until it's ready. Ne throws them right out. It may be a method of using their environment to process their thoughts.

Of course, not every ENTP will relate.

You are not the first INTJ to tell us that you are better. It's getting boring !

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You havent been on a date because you have to manage multiples of millions of pounds ? :D

noooo, now that would be stupid... I've not bene on a date in the longest time, because I get too invovled in my work that I kind of forget.

It's almost a 90% change I wont know when the next bank holiday is/make plans with the exception of Christmas/New year (cos it's always there)....

My life seems to play second fiddle to my working life - I think it's a wee bit sad, and I need to get a more balanced perspective.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
noooo, now that would be stupid... I've not bene on a date in the longest time, because I get too invovled in my work that I kind of forget.

It's almost a 90% change I wont know when the next bank holiday is/make plans with the exception of Christmas/New year (cos it's always there)....

My life seems to play second fiddle to my working life - I think it's a wee bit sad, and I need to get a more balanced perspective.

So what about dinner at 1 pm at your printer in your office ? :D

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are not the first INTJ to tell us that you are better. It's getting boring !

I added a second line before this. :) This highlights how one type interprets another type's actions. Nothing's meant to indicate superiority unless explicitly stated.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I added a second line before this. :) This highlights how one type interprets another type's actions. Nothing's meant to indicate superiority unless explicitly stated.

jajaja, I go prepare dinner now

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Here is something I've seen in an ENTP. He tends to shoot for ideas that are beyond what he can sufficiently support.

What is your basis for deciding that he can't handle these things, rather than simply choosing not to?