• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] relationships xNTJ's with xNTP

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
The key, it seems, is to continue to tell the ENTP that they must rot in hell, and never to chase them in circles.

Then, the ENTP will continue to show you affection, and chase you in circles.

Great, an effective strategy. Now how do I find said ENTPs? What's a good bait?

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are you saying that in order to continue to have a beneficial relationship with an NTP it is necessary to curb your enthusiasm?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Are you saying that in order to continue to have a beneficial relationship with an NTP it is necessary to curb your enthusiasm?

You can be as enthusiastic as you like about telling us to rot in hell. :wubbie:

T

ThatGirl

I have decided that I would never EVER date another P type again. I need decisions to be made, actions to be taken. The constant open endedness of P types drives me crazy. They tend to be passive aggressive, and never take any responsibility for their actions. I can't stand people who show up late and aren't strong and secure in their convictions. While I tend to be drawn toward P types playing, I have found that it gets old...quickly. I need my people to be internally structured or somehow I always cause them to lose their sense of self. Take my ex of six years for example who blamed me for constantly controlling him or the situation. This has been a repetitive theme.

Ps are sort of like Vegas, its a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
"They chase me around in circles, and then when I decide I can show them affection they decide I can rot in hell."

That's basically how my last relationship ended.

Yeah, what he said.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like hanging with ENTJs but no, never wanted to date one. I am cuckoo for INTJs though. Problem is, they just don't like me back. Something about flakiness or laziness or impulsiveness or something... I dunno, I wasn't paying attention.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Through absolutely no past experience, I remain convinced that an INTP would be my best match.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
From my limited experience with INTJs I can say that they are pretty awsome(aside from the fact that about 90% of them are dreadfully unaware of how painfully unfunny their jokes are) I would totaly date one if I could(the one I know is a guy :( )

Ive never met an ENTJ irl, Id be willing to geive freindship a try but never a romance, I like being the man of the relationship and Im not too interested in being the woman.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ive never met an ENTJ irl, Id be willing to geive freindship a try but never a romance, I like being the man of the relationship and Im not too interested in being the woman.

ENTJs aren't even close to as bossy as you think.

ENTJ women are (in my oft-questionable experience) more likely to be seeking a "be the man" man than average.

ENTJs aren't trying to boss people around, a good chunk of the world wants to be bossed around and ENTJs are willing to help. (lol)

Seriously though, give ENTJs a shot, we're really one of the most idealistic and romantic types.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6

ENTJ women are (in my oft-questionable experience) more likely to be seeking a "be the man" man than average.

ENTJs aren't trying to boss people around, a good chunk of the world wants to be bossed around and ENTJs are willing to help. (lol)

Seriously though, give ENTJs a shot, we're really one of the most idealistic and romantic types.

I dont mean they would be bossy, Im perfectly ok with bossy women. By "being the woman" I mean like BEING THE WOMAN in bed.

aphemix

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm a huge P. Huuuuuge.

I've never dated a J, so I don't have much to say in that regard, but I've given it thought. It definitely strikes me as something that would be mutually beneficial, provided the opposite party believed so, also. I know I can always use more help taking things seriously, and I imagine a hard J would have use for the alternate perspective that their own shit isn't necessarily the end of the world, too. I mean, everyone could, really.

either way, it seems like an issue that would only get in the way in a relationship between two underdeveloped people who either couldn't accept differences in lifestyles between them, or who had unrealistic expectations of one another. I know I dated another P in a similar arrangement and it was basically suicide. But I'm sure if we'd just been mentally apt friends towards each other instead of assuming one should define the other as a person we would've been perfectly fine.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do you find difficult/eacy to deal with with your partners opposite J or P-type?

Difficult: He needs to prolong every decision making process - not making a decision is the ultimate decision. He has no sense of time and has difficulties respecting deadlines. He refuses to be in a rush, even when it's necessary. He doesn't not want to confront problems immediately or when they arise - he needs more information and time. By the time he's done processing, I've already implemented the changes. He does not enjoy being pushed or rushed into anything, not even fun stuff! Also, sometimes when I make him do something for me, he can give me grief about it like weeks later - I'll ask him to turn off all the lights in the apartment, and he does immediately without any sign of resentment. After a week or so, when he's had time to think about it, he gets pissy with me for making him do it. What the what? Usually there's something wrong with my tone or the way I asked. And also, the eternal open ending.

This is where the INTJ-INTP chemistry falls apart for me. At this point, I'd say, "Meh. Suit yourself." and continue my way, eventually forgetting about the INTP. We have comparable focuses (thinking & living inside our heads) and as great it is for friendship, we would be passing right through each other in romance.

I need someone who brings me out of my mental enclave or "work" mode (and I won't even mind if he's pushy about it.) From my experience, this is the least favorable task for the INTP.

I LOVE planning and making decisions at work/school, but I can't be relied on to do the same when it comes to consistently taking the romantic lead.

Anyway, INTPs, let's sit down and have a drink every now and then. That is... if either of us ever manages to get out. :laugh:

So I'll take the ENTPs. :)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I dont mean they would be bossy, Im perfectly ok with bossy women. By "being the woman" I mean like BEING THE WOMAN in bed.

I know what you meant, though not so specifically.

What I say stands, ENTJ women I have spoken with seem to agree with traditional sexual dynamics.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I prefer woman, xNTP sounds like STDs

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
This may be obvious, but I believe the key to a J-P relationship is whether the overall values/goals that each of you hold are similar, or at least mesh well.

Granted there is a bit of obvious generalization here, and a bit too much stereotyping for my usual tastes. But for the sake of extrapolation, I think it'll be okay.

Supposedly J's methods are more constant and sometimes too rigid, while P's are more flexible and sometimes too lax. However, it seems that if your overall goals/values are close, teamwork would be better accommodated and both would be more likely to give a little if they felt the others' strengths were more appropriate for the given scenario. Ie. If one needs to "seize the day" or make things happen, J mindsets have an advantage, while if a situation allows for little-to-no control, P mindsets are much better at coping with that. This would be a pretty balanced relationship.

On the other hand, two Js with contrary goals would be at each others' throats, while two Ps with a similar setup would probably recede from one another too much.

Basically, I don't think types are the most important factor here.

Note: For the record though... I find ENTPs fascinating.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This may be obvious, but I believe the key to a J-P relationship is whether the overall values/goals that each of you hold are similar, or at least mesh well.

I say its about the sex. If that's good anything is possible

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Very true for me. And yup, but it depends on what you mean by romantic. I get turned off by flowers, chocolate, holding hands all the time and candle-lit dinners followed by a movie and more flowers. I don't like verbal affirmations and I don't need to hear him say he loves me, all the time. I seek romance in true intimacy, honesty and understanding. And knowing we are constantly growing as a couple (and as individuals). I also love when he reads The Hobbit, or There and Back Again to me in bed.