User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Here is something I've seen in an ENTP. He tends to shoot for ideas that are beyond what he can sufficiently support. This is what I also meant by over-estimating his abilities. Ni dominants do the same, but the thought sits in back of the mind until it's ready. The Ne user throws them right out. It may be a method of using their environment to process their thoughts. (This is another example of seeing someone's actions in my light. Ex: How NTPs are 'lazy' to NTJs.)

Of course, not every ENTP will relate.
    I just think you're interpreting it incorrectly, which isn't your fault, you just see an ENTP abandonment of a personal or professional project in your terms rather than theirs. What you call an overestimation of ability because of an incomplete project, the ENTP calls losing interest and channeling energy elsewhere, to far more fruitful pursuits. You think they abandon projects because they cannot complete them, they think they abandon projects because they are no longer important.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    What is your basis for deciding that he can't handle these things, rather than simply choosing not to?
    (This is another example of seeing someone's actions in my light. Ex: How NTPs are 'lazy' to NTJs.)
    It's mostly about learning where and when to turn off your personal view of an action. There was an earlier discussion about how NTJs see NTPs as the indecisive group. This is here explains how I can interpret a half-supported idea as over-estimating one's abilities because I analyze things thoroughly before I say them. (But the longer method is not immune to poor quality.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's mostly about learning where and when to turn off your personal view of an action. There was an earlier discussion about how NTJs see NTPs as the indecisive group. This is here explains how I can interpret a half-supported idea as over-estimating one's abilities because I analyze things thoroughly before I say them. (But the longer method is not immune to poor quality.)
    You should start by phrasing things a way I can understand them too :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

*Edit: Jock tagged it first.
    Yes, what Jock said. He's been on a roll lately.

But again, I must ask the question: on what basis are you deciding that ideas are half supported, before you even conclude that they are over-estimated?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You should start by phrasing things a way I can understand them too :/
    Yeah, communication exchanges can be a bit of a b*tch.

But I'm now interested. How could I make my ideas more accessible?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yeah, communication exchanges can be a bit of a b*tch.

But I'm now interested. How could I make my ideas more accessible?
    Can you express them with images ? I love books with images

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, what Jock said. He's been on a roll lately.

But again, I must ask the question: on what basis are you deciding that ideas are half supported, before you even conclude that they are over-estimated?
    Jock illustrated it rather well in his post, with this line:

"You think they abandon projects because they cannot complete them, they think they abandon projects because they are no longer important."

For myself, to be fully supported requires some sort of conclusion, even if it's an unknown variable. The said ENTP did not acknowledge (or I suppose cared) that there was a missing factor in his idea.

This is has been illuminating discussion. I'm getting to understand more about Ne, however little that is. So thanks everyone. I need to get ready for a meeting.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok I have to go to a meeting too.

*puts on boxers again*

L8r

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Jock illustrated it rather well in his post, with this line:

"You think they abandon projects because they cannot complete them, they think they abandon projects because they are no longer important."

For myself, to be fully supported requires some sort of conclusion, even if it's an unknown variable. The said ENTP did not acknowledge there was a missing factor in his idea.

This is has been illuminating discussion. I'm getting to understand more about Ne, however little that is. So thanks everyone. I need to get ready for a meeting.
    Yeah, that was the one line of Jock's that I took issue with, but didn't want to push it. I don't think I abandon projects because they are no longer important, I know that I do. That's the only reason. If I feel like I cannot complete something, I will work day and night in order to do so. I can't resist any sort of challenge. Not even a little bit.

But I'm still not sure what you mean by conclusion and missing factor. I suspect that I won't get a satisfying answer (conclusion), and it doesn't really matter. This was an illuminating for me, too. Thanks!