User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I suspect the phrasing of this is wrong....."The ENTP's pitfall includes over-estimating their abilities"

If you mean - I think my abilities are more than they are - then it is wrong - I know my strengths and weakensses.

If you mean over-estimate how much I can take on in terms of work volume - then I totally agree, I regularly take on more than I ought too (use to carring a big load), but I'm not good at 1. turning stuff down or 2 realising when there is too much .... it's a I can be a proper martyr for the cause...

Lis

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I can see this pattern in the ENXXs, actually. The worse case of it was in an ENFP. Everybody bites off more than what they could chew, yet certain types are prone to it than others.

I don't push agendas on other people, except if I'm in a project with them since the overall results relies on the team's effort. I'd normally schedule things around them. Not sure about the rest of the INTJs.
    You're my one and true godess
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I suspect the phrasing of this is wrong....."The ENTP's pitfall includes over-estimating their abilities"

If you mean - I think my abilities are more than they are - then it is wrong - I know my strengths and weakensses.

If you mean over-estimate how much I can take on in terms of work volume - then I totally agree, I regularly take on more than I ought too (use to carring a big load), but I'm not good at 1. turning stuff down or 2 realising when there is too much .... it's a I can be a proper martyr for the cause...

Lis
    I also know my strengths and weaknesses and only take on things that I know I can do. I never over or under estimate. I take on what I can handle, but I lose interest and motivation because after a certain point, I just don't give a shit anymore. I get bored with things and move on way before the project is finished.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    errm, I always say boobs if I dont know what to say so: boobs
    Who would have known there's a hidden Jeffster in an ENTP?

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    The thing is that vacations are not insignificant for some people. When I get away, I *need* to feel like I have finally regained control of my life. Go where I want, when I want, catch up on sleep or books or partying. I can't regain control if someone is controlling me.

But the pitfalls for us as a group, I think, is not giving a shit about things that could probably warrant more attention.
    To clarify: I meant it's not significant enough to warrant a personal change. Indeed vacations are ways people use to relax and they would often prefer to do so in their most natural state.

Hmmm, good idea. I wonder if it's a general NP thing.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

This.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

I get bored with things and move on way before the project is finished.
    Oh administration - imortant, nessesary, but I'm like a naughty 6 year old who simply wont go to bed.... I only do it if it's ABSOLUTELY nessesary for a real reason.

The taking too much on thing - oddly enough - and other ENTP's will want to wash my mouth out with soap and water - is that I actually don't like to say no to legitimately important programme of work. Somewhere deep inside is a people pleaser....

MBTI
    ENTP

This.
    very, very guilty as charged - I'm SUCH a text book

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

The taking too much on thing - oddly enough - and other ENTP's will want to wash my mouth out with soap and water - is that I actually don't like to say no to legitimately important programme of work. Somewhere deep inside is a people pleaser....
    Yeah, but when I take on those types of projects, I always finish them to completion. If someone is depending on me, I will move mountains to get it done, rather than ruin my reputation. But I let things fall to the wayside in my personal life, because I just don't care.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Who would have known there's a hidden Jeffster in an ENTP?
    You are boring, I cant fight you without hurting you !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, but when I take on those types of projects, I always finish them to completion. If someone is depending on me, I will move mountains to get it done, rather than ruin my reputation. But I let things fall to the wayside in my personal life, because I just don't care.
    YES - and I've not been on a date in how long.......... You know I can manage multimples of millions of pounds at work down to under 10 in accuracy - but my personal banking is a train crash LOL (typical ENTP)...

LOL I think in all fairness it may be an NT thing, they fit their life in around work not work around their lifes.... it's really not self respecting... although I suspect NT's use work as a form of intellectual stimulation rather than just working for money - but thats just a PoV..