First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You know I'm totally oblivious to time in a linear way - love history thought. It's not that I put off decisions, I just get caught up in something else.

Thi sthreads been really helpful - thanks for chiming...

xxx
    Sure, no problem. This is the perfect time for a demotivator:

Or on a positive note, mistakes will help you to effectively shape your choices. So don't be afraid to question the INTJ on his stance because he might gain something constructive in the end.

Not sure if anyone has read Blink - by Malcom Gladwell - but I think I'm fairly decisive, but lots of my decisions are about not wanting to do something. Maybe that is just a different way off putting off the decision, I don't know.
    It's more like you choose your decisions by the moment, while we choose ours by the far distant future. Roughly everything I do is factored and calculated into the long-range plan. Our actions will consequently have a corresponding alignment to the rest and this makes us 'appear' decisive as result. If you have one determining factor, then it's easy to choose between several options. However, extracting that one-size-fits-all factor from an existing situation takes a careful examination. Your INTJ could require a longer time than you here.

(When an INTJ has Ne, this affects their thinking and acting style. I knew some 'INTP-ish' INTJs in real life.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    It's more like you choose your decisions by the moment, while we choose ours by the far distant future. Roughly everything I do is factored and calculated into the long-range plan. Our actions will consequently have a corresponding alignment to the rest and this makes us 'appear' decisive as result. If you have one determining factor, then it's easy to choose between several options. However, extracting that factor takes careful examination.
    Yes perhaps that the case, when someone asks me about 5 years ahead I could alway say "I want baked beans for tea"... I really don't make long range plans - opting for seeing opporutnities when they arise. I am aware however that spontenaty doesn't exactly have great returns.

I went on holiday a few years back with an ENFJ - who got really picked off my my P-ness and my T-ness... I hasn't been on holiday for nearly a year, I work in a very scheduled way - with pertty much every hour of my day as an outlook bar coded (managment meetings/strat meetings etc etc), so I needed to cut loose and be free. He however didn't work so wanted to schdule lots of rgimented walks to see specific sights and spend all this time with me. IT WAS HELL on earth, I needed more me time and freedom than that...

I wont let the INTJ be too smug about planning - not that he was - I just could see I am lousey at it. Not sure he will be back though, he is off liberating his P-ness.....

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Yes perhaps that the case, when someone asks me about 5 years ahead I could alway say "I want baked beans for tea"... I really don't make long range plans - opting for seeing opporutnities when they arise. I am aware however that spontenaty doesn't exactly have great returns.

I went on holiday a few years back with an ENFJ - who got really picked off my my P-ness and my T-ness... I hasn't been on holiday for nearly a year, I work in a very scheduled way - with pertty much every hour of my day as an outlook bar coded (managment meetings/strat meetings etc etc), so I needed to cut loose and be free. He however didn't work so wanted to schdule lots of rgimented walks to see specific sights and spend all this time with me. IT WAS HELL on earth, I needed more me time and freedom than that...

I wont let the INTJ be too smug about planning - not that he was - I just could see I am lousey at it. Not sure he will be back though, he is off liberating his P-ness.....
    If someone's going to be associating with a different party, then they will need to negotiate until they find some common ground. Let's face it, many people don't want to change their core style for something insignificant as a vacation. Therefore the ultimate key to a successful team is communication. (And yes, it means active listening on the INTJ's part. We're infamous for being 'right' and having a firm conclusion before we start.) The ENTP's pitfall includes over-estimating their abilities. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Not to mention, expectations always changes and warning the other person will save plenty of grief. The ENFJ could have assumed you were going to vacation the same way you worked.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

The ENTP's pitfall is over-estimating their abilities. Correct me, if I'm wrong.
    You're wrong.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Who is pitfall ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

The key to a successful team is communication. (And yes, it means active listening on the INTJ's part. We're infamous for being 'right'.) The ENTP's pitfall is over-estimating their abilities. Correct me, if I'm wrong.
    Actually I think the being right thing is an NT thing might be exacerabed. I don't think I over estimate abilities.... thats really about taking on too much. I'm not good at warding stuff off .............which isn't the same thing... Although it probably is in reality - I just get over streached and cranky. Gosh maybe I'm misdiangosing myself - INTERESTING!

I'm all for understanding differences (the holiday was horrible - I had to park the guy for half the day and either do something with him in the morning or afternoon - I could cope with him 7 hours flush). Now the INTJ is a different animal, less hissy fit and more calm - but it may have been passing as I don't think he will be ack in the country for a while, however it did open my eyes to a possibity (I don't mind ENTJ's so long as thier J-ness isn't too much). So keeping an open mind.

Lis

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You're wrong.
    Then what would be a generalized pitfall for the ENTPs as a group?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Then what would be a generalized pitfall for the ENTPs as a group?
    errm, I always say boobs if I dont know what to say so: boobs
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Let's face it, many people don't want to change their core style for something insignificant as a vacation.
    The thing is that vacations are not insignificant for some people. When I get away, I *need* to feel like I have finally regained control of my life. Go where I want, when I want, catch up on sleep or books or partying. I can't regain control if someone is controlling me.

But the pitfalls for us as a group, I think, is not giving a shit about things that could probably warrant more attention.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Actually I think the being right thing is an NT thing might be exacerabed. I don't think I over estimate abilities.... thats really about taking on too much. I'm not good at warding stuff off .............which isn't the same thing... Although it probably is in reality - I just get over streached and cranky. Gosh maybe I'm misdiangosing myself - INTERESTING!

I'm all for understanding differences (the holiday was horrible - I had to park the guy for half the day and either do something with him in the morning or afternoon - I could cope with him 7 hours flush). Now the INTJ is a different animal, less hissy fit and more calm - but it may have been passing as I don't think he will be ack in the country for a while, however it did open my eyes to a possibity (I don't mind ENTJ's so long as thier J-ness isn't too much). So keeping an open mind.
    I can see this pattern in the ENXXs, actually. The worse case of it was in an ENFP. Everybody bites off more than what they could chew, yet certain types are prone to it than others.

I don't push agendas on other people, except if I'm in a project with them since the overall results relies on the team's effort. I'd normally schedule things around them. Not sure about the rest of the INTJs.