User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Jock... what do you like/find difficult about the J-ness of ENTJs?

L
    It's not like there's a particular like/dislike, it's just a matter of me not seeing why their perspective is any better than mine.

Salt & Pepper's post was good, because it explains a TJ perspective on the thought processes of TP, and how we tend to deal with information and choices. What she sees as laziness and a primary drive to not make a decision is really just us thinking the best answer can only be made if enough information is available. Why make a decision now, when in 2 weeks something can, and will, change? The decision that was made is now revealed to be have been decided on erroneous data, or data that really isn't applicable anymore. I keep my options open simply because I expect the best answer to reveal itself in an obvious manner, once enough information is available. TJs find a decision with an outcome they like and they plow right on ahead.

Also, and I don't have much to back me up on this, but I generally think NTPs are very time indifferent. Ti+Ne or Ne+Ti operate in such a way that "time" is not inherently a relevant piece of data in decision making, so we tend to not have an innate sense of it, or its passing.

MBTI
    nnnn

I don't have a lot of experience with male ENTPs (I like the females a lot, though, they are my pals )...which is a bad sign as they must be out there and we must've met, but we didn't really stick to one another apparently. They seem a little too full of themselves/brash/bullshitty/peacocky...I think I'd prefer a mature high-Ne INTP. 'course it all depends on the individual etc. etc.

Maybe ENTP-INTJ is more of a hate/distrust-->fascination-->love thing with more chemistry and needs time to grow whereas INTP is more immediately like-minded/soothing (but can turn into "irritating"?). That's right, I called you soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by aphemix View Post
    and I imagine a hard J would have use for the alternate perspective that their own shit isn't necessarily the end of the world, too. I mean, everyone could, really.
    soothing

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

Also, and I don't have much to back me up on this, but I generally think NTPs are very time indifferentl. Ti+Ne or Ne+Ti operate in such a way that "time" is not inherently a relevant piece of data in decision making, so we tend to not have an innate sense of it, or its passing.
    Time pisses me off.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Basically what Poppy said. Never felt a click with many INTJs. ENTJs on the other hand...oh body. Sign me up.
    Sign on the dotted line below:

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    Basically, I don't think types are the most important factor here.
    Without a doubt. The better question should be, how much are you willing to work at your relationship? Some people will want an immediate understanding, while others would prefer to take the longer path.

But it is still largely fun thinking about such topics. They're water cooler discussions that keeps everyone engage, and at the same time, the applicable uncertainty keeps them from being taken too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    On the other hand, two Js with contrary goals would be at each others' throats.
    This is why I should be the only strong J in any romance. I won't back down from my goals that easily and the Ps are more willing to move around them. All in theory, naturally. I'm up for changing an approach, though a fellow strong J often wants more. (Been there. Done that. In numerous debates.)

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I like hanging with ENTJs but no, never wanted to date one. I am cuckoo for INTJs though. Problem is, they just don't like me back. Something about flakiness or laziness or impulsiveness or something... I dunno, I wasn't paying attention.
    I must have caused the last ENTP (a strong P) an abrupt heart attack when I asked him about his future plans in one opening question. This was before I took the time to study their style, and I dismissed him as a general wishy-washy individual who's only pragmatic skill lies within deliberate decision making escapes. And I'm sure I was nothing short of an overbearing, rigid person who refuses to enjoy life from his POV. Since then, I haven't had much of a lifestyle disagreement with the ENTPs. Everything makes sense once you finally understand how and why they live the way they do. I had previously gotten along with other Ps, but this one really opened my eye to their natural preferences.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Time pisses me off.
    Is your alarm clock in the toilet too, with you shouting periodically over the day: REVENGE ! ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

These are all great responces, I was recently hit on by an INTJ - which is a type I'd not considered, I was a bit intimidated by his J-ness - or perhaps I was ashamed of my P-ness - one of the other....

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I must have caused the last ENTP (a strong P) an abrupt heart attack when I asked him about his future plans in one opening question. This was before I took the time to study their style, and I dismissed him as a general wishy-washy individual who's only pragmatic skill lies within deliberate decision making escapes. And I'm sure I was nothing short of an overbearing, rigid person who refuses to enjoy life from his POV. Since then, I haven't had much of a lifestyle disagreement with the ENTPs. Everything makes sense once you finally understand how and why they live the way they do. I had previously gotten along with other Ps, but this one really opened my eye to their natural preferences.
    You know I'm totally oblivious to time in a linear way - love history thought. It's not that I put off decisions, I just get caught up in something else.

Not sure if anyone has read Blink - by Malcom Gladwell - but I think I'm fairly decisive, but lots of my decisions are about not wanting to do something. Maybe that is just a different way off putting off the decision, I don't know.

Thi sthreads been really helpful - thanks for chiming...

xxx

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I must have caused the last ENTP (a strong P) an abrupt heart attack when I asked him about his future plans in one opening question.
    *not* a fan of this line of questioning.

Everything makes sense once you finally understand how and why they live the way they do. I had previously gotten along with other Ps, but this one really opened my eye to their natural preferences.
    that is soooo true and I am happy to have figured this out, sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Is your alarm clock in the toilet too, with you shouting periodically over the day: REVENGE ! ?
    It would be but I don't even own a clock. The only clock is on my cell phone and I generally leave it behind when I leave the house.

MBTI
    ENTP

*not* a fan of this line of questioning.
    ROFLMAO - not my fave subject either

It would be but I don't even own a clock. The only clock is on my cell phone and I generally leave it behind when I leave the house.
    Me neither.... my computer has a clock...

MBTI
    ENTJ

ENTJ women are (in my oft-questionable experience) more likely to be seeking a "be the man" man than average.
    Also agreed.

*sweats, breaks out in hives, feels unhappy*

it's just a matter of me not seeing why their perspective is any better than mine.
    See, Jock? You've ID'ed the problem. Now the next step is solving it. I.e. accepting and truly knowing that our perspective *is* better.

Thinking about my INFP...his timekeeping always has been, is, and probably will forevermore be a big problem between us. In that he doesn't keep time well. He CAN, he just DOESN'T. And that makes me want to throw heavy objects at his head. His ability to go with the flow is also much more developed than mine, although I have a tendency to view this as possible healthy for me, in that it helps me do stuff without planningplanningplanning. I mean, that said, I truly love planningplanningplanning, so...yeah.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker