User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Oh thats easy... I'm not a planner, and I'm a typical ENTP - which means I am bad at managing my own money, have no problems managing other peoples money give me a walloping budget and I will give you change (and not over run) and close the budget on time, however I don't manage my own money very well.

He on the other hand is Oooober planned and very good at managing money.

I don't plan in life I am spontaneous, and tend to be opportunistic, which I like, but it also leaves me vulnerable in many ways. He has a very firm plan of next steps...which if not over done would really be useful to balance him. I think he likes my spontenatey which would lighten him up... but it's when ts over done... my Pness may drive him nuts (although I've never had my phone cut off because I forgot to pay it), I know if I feel overly controlled I will go for the thorat and incite a power struggle.

I want to encourage him to express his desires without making it about my lack of compromise... I'm actualyl fairly easy going but I don't like being told I'm not compromising when he is requesting something outragious

I can't say I am suprised with your answer. Actually I was just checking if this is the case.

Also I am prettly sure that he likes you because of your E and P. It is not imposible that he actually plans to "soften" himself by having you around. This probably sounds funnly to you but I really would not be suprised that he actually thinks on that way.

For example I am hardcore J and I have alot of problems in life because of this. Especially since my environment clearly favores P way of doing things. My NT side can soften this a little bit but I still have problems because of this.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I can't say I am suprised with your answer. Actually I was just checking if this is the case.

Also I am prettly sure that he likes you because of your E and P. It is not imposible that he actually plans to "soften" himself by having you around. This probably sounds funnly to you but I really would not be suprised that he actually thinks on that way.

For example I am hardcore J and I have alot of problems in life because of this. Especially since my environment clearly favores P way of doing things. My NT side can soften this a little bit but I still have problems because of this.
    It wouldn't surprise me given I'd do the exact thing, I would look for F types to soften me, but to be honest I soften greatly in love anyways... So it may all work out. I think he gets me, and likes my flakey randomness, or at very least thinks it's funny.

I guess I just need to wait and watch this space... we do have a big crunch point in terms of longevity, I want kids he is less sure - either we will get by that one or we wont.

MBTI
    ENTP

antisocial...

You can give me an insight, he says he is really interested, and actually I do beleive him. He also says he is not chatting to other women, but I can also see he is checking the dating site most days.... This may be to give himself something to do or it may be because he is being duplicitous or scoutting for something different... what do you think?

antisocial...

You can give me an insight, he says he is really interested, and actually I do beleive him. He also says he is not chatting to other women, but I can also see he is checking the dating site most days.... This may be to give himself something to do or it may be because he is being duplicitous or scoutting for something different... what do you think?

I could be wrong but I would place my bet on the idea that he wants to have a contigency plan. Especially since he knows that you are EP person and that you could change your mind about entire thing just like that. But this doesn't mean that he is not quite interested in you.

Also it is possible that he just want to talk to people.
    Maybe he is even trying to find a way to have a better communication with you.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think that this:

However if I see that I will have to make a pressure to assure that things go as planned then I can become passive argressive in some cases.
    I do this simply because I want that the other person realizes what I want.
    can be worse than this:

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    ..., you may end up exploding on some poor sap who was just the tip of the iceberg and surprising yourself on the level of intensity.
    I think I would much rather have someone scream at me than attempt to control me, especially in a passive aggressive manner. Ick.

In general INTJs are willing to compromise if they don't have to change plans too much. Especially if it is possible to achive multiple goals while not losing too much "efficiency".
    Isn't compromise exactly the opposite of that? Do INTJs expect everyone to conform to their ways, or would they truly try and compromise if they cared about another person and respected their point of view? Of course this is a general question and not all INTJs are the same, so I guess I am directing this question more at you in particular...

I can totally see this too, Tink. And maybe he's still checking the site because he is curious about people's response to him. It could just be pure vanity and no intention...

MBTI
    ENTP

I could be wrong but I would place my bet on the idea that he wants to have a contigency plan. Especially since he knows that you are EP person and that you could change your mind about entire thing just like that. But this doesn't mean that he is not quite interested in you.

Also it is possible that he just want to talk to people.
    Maybe he is even trying to find a way to have a better communication with you.
    ewe - not sure I'd buy that...

Personally I'm not in a possition to say stop, but I will be sure to nail it down... if he is interested he needs to be just that, in the short term I'll let it by because I do realise that this is all a bit high risk. I have a good feeling about him so patience required in the short term.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can totally see this too, Tink. And maybe he's still checking the site because he is curious about people's response to him. It could just be pure vanity and no intention...
    I will play it by ear - it does bug me, but then I'm a person when I am interested I'm very single minded.

Isn't compromise exactly the opposite of that? Do INTJs expect everyone to conform to their ways, or would they truly try and compromise if they cared about another person and respected their point of view? Of course this is a general question and not all INTJs are the same, so I guess I am directing this question more at you in particular...

This totally depends on about what we are compromising about.
    Actually what saves me in this cases is actually the fact that I have underdeveloped Fi for an INTJ. What means that in many cases I will not have a opinion. What makes things quite simple in most cases actually.

But when it comes to romance I simply don't have the expriance needed to answer your question. I mean everything I say as an answer it will stand on nothing.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I will play it by ear - it does bug me, but then I'm a person when I am interested I'm very single minded.
    I hear ya, sister. I can be quite focused on winning achieving my goal, as well. As long as it can feasibly happen within a certain time frame. After too long, I lose patience and interest.

This totally depends on about what we are compromising about.
    Good point, fair enough. I take that as a positive sign that you are willing to take the back seat or compromise on most things, as long as it's not important to you. I'm the same way. And most things aren't important to me.

ewe - not sure I'd buy that...
    Personally I'm not in a possition to say stop, but I will be sure to nail it down... if he is interested he needs to be just that, in the short term I'll let it by because I do realise that this is all a bit high risk. I have a good feeling about him so patience required in the short term.
    That scenario is not likely but it is not completly impossibe.
    (sorry I don't know the details).