User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, it was quite shocking for me when I lived there. I am assertive and blunt and all of those things, but my man is always my man and I would never speak down to him. In public or in private. Ever.
    What I think too, is an important phaenomena I witnessed. While I was going to school, we had like 2 couples in 4 classes of 120 students. And when school was over, all of a sudden the couples multiplied by factor 25.

This was very strange cause there was no Cupid with wings shooting love arrows around, it just happened and with most couples it happened out of some sort of pragmatism, I cant explain.

Now, 8 years later, most of the couples still persist and you can see in around 75% of them that there is no love. But they stay together nevertheless.

Never experimenting. Never thinking about thereselves or looking for their personal wishes to life. just dully playing along with some sort of "rules" and accepting them the more as they go.

Now you can extrapolate what will happen to them, if they get 30-50 years old.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Jen, maybe there is more of a cultural interply going on in comparision to the US?

Or maybe it's a difference between US men and European?
    Yes, that's what I was thinking too. Of course there are difference between US and Euro, but Germany is different than Italy or France. And as a matter of fact West Germans are very different from East Germans. The men from the west are more similar to the American style of "macho", especially the boys from Cologne (excuse me while I *swoon*).

The French "macho" is unappealing to me. And the Italian "macho" is all smoke and mirrors. The East German men, though... they are so much softer but for some reason, I have dated more of them than I would like to admit. I think they are attracted to me because I am so assertive, but not as "rough" as my East German female counterparts. And I *love* boys from Croatia, Poland, Serbia, etc...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Haha, yea Cologne is full of machos, especially machos who like other machos

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    What I think too, is an important phaenomena I witnessed. While I was going to school, we had like 2 couples in 4 classes of 120 students. And when school was over, all of a sudden the couples multiplied by factor 25.

This was very strange cause there was no Cupid with wings shooting love arrows around, it just happened and with most couples it happened out of some sort of pragmatism, I cant explain.

Now, 8 years later, most of the couples still persist and you can see in around 75% of them that there is no love. But they stay together nevertheless.

Never experimenting. Never thinking about thereselves or looking for their personal wishes to life. just dully playing along with some sort of "rules" and accepting them the more as they go.

Now you can extrapolate what will happen to them, if they get 30-50 years old.
    Oh yes, I see this a lot. Even relationships where they live in different countries for years. Makes no sense. It also seems like affairs are more common. Or maybe they are just as common as they are here, but they are way more accepted and spoken about openly in Germany.

I dated one man who was with a girl for years. Cheated on her and left her for the woman he cheated with. When they broke up, the first girl took him back. Then he cheated on her again (with me, but I didn't know) and left her for me. When I broke up with him, she took him back again. It happened 2x more. And they are back together now, again.

Also, I think the reason is that people just don't date. They meet and form couples and that's it.

Haha, yea Cologne is full of machos, especially machos who like other machos
    hahahaha, sad but true.

MBTI
    ENTP

especially the boys from Cologne (excuse me while I *swoon*).
    I worked for a consultancy firm in Germany which had a good mix between male and female, I wasn't consious of any sumissivness (but then they were probably a brighter environement than most). Although one of the adminstrative staff was dating sucha thug - you could see physical/mental abuse on the cards for her, but he was strong and cute so she was smitten.

I worked with oen guy from Cologne - V cute.

I get what you mean about french/italian men, don't know much abotu east German men, but did have a date with a Chez last time I was in Prague - so cute, and very gentle - very intellectual and one of those repressed romantic types - the upside of communist regime was the high proteen diet, this guys muscles - YUM!!!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Oh yes, I see this a lot. Even relationships where they live in different countries for years. Makes no sense. It also seems like affairs are more common. Or maybe they are just as common as they are here, but they are way more accepted and spoken about openly in Germany.

I dated one man who was with a girl for years. Cheated on her and left her for the woman he cheated with. When they broke up, the first girl took him back. Then he cheated on her again (with me, but I didn't know) and left her for me. When I broke up with him, she took him back again. It happened 2x more. And they are back together now, again.

Also, I think the reason is that people just don't date. They meet and form couples and that's it.

hahahaha, sad but true.
    ^^

I feel understood.

Now I am not even shy about the fact that I only had two woman so far, while my male friends have hit the 10+ area a long time ago

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I get what you mean about french/italian men, don't know much abotu east German men, but did have a date with a Chez last time I was in Prague - so cute, and very gentle - very intellectual and one of those repressed romantic types - the upside of communist regime was the high proteen diet, this guys muscles - YUM!!!!
    Oh, and the Hungarians. *swoons again*

^^

I feel understood.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Can we talk about something else now that sentimental stuff wears me out !

What about soccer, Real Madrid vs Dortmund my neighbour town today. What you think ? I say 1:6

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Can we talk about something else now that sentimental stuff wears me out !

What about soccer, Real Madrid vs Dortmund my neighbour town today. What you think ? I say 1:6
    Yeah, so how about them [generic sports team]? They're doing real good this season. And if only that [newest coach/captain/quarterback] wasn't such a fuck-up, they'd be doing even better! :steam:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Or how about NTJs and NTPs????

I want an INTJ, as a do-over. I have failed miserably with 2, and I failed miserably trying to get a third one. None of these men were interested in me, at all. So, there's that.