• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] The ENTP shrug?

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I call BS on this one as he will respond very quickly given the right topic. He sits waiting, observing, but not interacting? Like he is afraid to say anything?

More like trying to figure out if this is something different or the top of the roller-coaster.

Maybe he's cool and everyone else is broken.

Yes

Sounds like zero motivation to do research right now. I am in a similar predicament. My energy is consumed earning a living. I know there are issues I could probably help with, but

:coffee: :offtopic:me :run: -->

Winner! And make her really smart and really hot. Or one or the other if the combo is out of the company's price range.

Might be a good substitute for TV shows (to hold my attention in the background).:D

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Probably not enough. Some studies a while back showed how sex can focus the mind like nothing else. Actually I believe that was pictures of naked women. Other studies that showed performance increases performing tasks after sex.:nerd:

Qre:us

Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about.

(Watch Nemo, your issues are about to be resolved.)

HaHa! :laugh:

(I tried to take you seriously, but, well, you gave yourself away)

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Can anyone really take the OP rant seriously? The whole point of the post is "There's this asshole that I think is an ENTP. Don't you all agree that ENTPs are assholes? Feel sorry for me becase even though I clearly have a superior way of dealing with the world, I have to deal with this asshole which includes me being demanding and putting down the ENTP for not being the way I want him to be so that I can believe in my own importance?" *waa waa waa.*" I dunno. Maybe I'm just being an asshole.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I take her seriously... she's not ranting, just trying to figure out patterns - as she is prone to do. She is often quite right about the patterns, but perhaps not the motivations. And so she posed the question. I'm glad she did that rather than make assumptions.

As to her personal situation, we don't know how bad he actually is. I tend to take the side of the ENTP but that may be out of misguided loyalty. Some of us actually are the assholes we pretend not to be. Or she could just be controlling. Either way, it doesn't make her questions any less valid...

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
Or she could just be controlling. Either way, it doesn't make her questions any less valid...

I have no idea the actual situation, cause, of course, this ENTP could be a jerk. Hands down; no questions asked. There are mature ENTPs and immature ENTPs and god knows a mature one is better than an immature one.

But I am questioning whether the problem is solely with the ENTP. I am merely asking, is the poster requiring her co-worker to be mature without being mature herself? If the ENTP is a jerk, then he's a jerk. But really, non-XXX's can be very jerky about dealing with XXXXs. In other words, she could just be controlling. I have no idea, but I would like her and others to consider this perspective. The OP is very slanted toward the assumption that the ENTP way of being is just wrong.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, you're right. She's slanted. But we all are when we recount stories from our own perspective. I know I do it too, and the ENFPs must hate me for it. Oh well, she means well. I know that for certain.

sculpting

Can anyone really take the OP rant seriously? The whole point of the post is "There's this asshole that I think is an ENTP. Don't you all agree that ENTPs are assholes? Feel sorry for me becase even though I clearly have a superior way of dealing with the world, I have to deal with this asshole which includes me being demanding and putting down the ENTP for not being the way I want him to be so that I can believe in my own importance?" *waa waa waa.*" I dunno. Maybe I'm just being an asshole.

So, the OP was trying to phrase the question as logically as possible, framed from a perspective of managing a team. Removing logic, I fucking love ENTPs. All my best friends are ENTPs. All my best friends always have been ENTPs. You guys are awesome. My work entps have vision, brilliance and enthusiasm. If I can find ways to implement thier ideas and harness the potential there, the results can be awesome.

ENTPs are awesome because of your vision, cleverness and nonstop energy. However when an ENTP is problematic it can have huge consequenses to an organization and drag hundreds of others through the weeds. You guys are very outspoken and looked to as leaders, even if not officially. You also have some sweet ass social manipulation skills, that can be used for the dark side by an immature, fucked up ENTP.

So let me reiterate. I fucking love ENTPs. I CANNOT do what you guys can do. I NEED you guys on my teams. I NEED you at my company. I do whatever I can to give my ENTPs what they need, what they want, and yet keep the rest of the team as balanced as I can.

Thus the inquiery for this particular ENTP. I didnt understand what he was doing except that it is detrimental. If I can understand it, I can work with/around it and make sre he gets what he wants-his ideas recognized, respected and implemented.

And again, thanks for the constrctive advice and criticism. I welcome negative constructive feedback more than anything else as that allows me to know what I have misunderstod, so I dont screw it up next time.

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe you got an ENTP-complex ? What do you think the pope's type is ?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thus the inquiery for this particular ENTP. I didnt understand what he was doing except that it is detrimental. .

It's withdrawal, it's called being stuborn. I would guess from what you've written, he is severerly pissed off at not being heard... too many pushy types (and yes you are SO part of the problem - you are struggling to hear some very clearly expressed views on this thread - by people who DON'T work with you).

So I wonder how you make an ENTP be heard... It's not about corroborating that his ideas are right, its about meeting him more than half way - why more than half way - because the whole bloody organisation is atempting to get him to behave as an ISxJ - which he is not, he is beginign to feel like a caged monkey and it's likely to be pissing him off.

I would think you have 14 layers of pissed off with minor shit to cut through before you get to his real issue. And there will be a real issue in there - almost certainly related to feeling very unapprecated by pushy types who aren't as creative/dynamic as he is.

Stop dictating and start finding out what he needs to be able to make the contribution required... this is likely to be not forcing him to kid on he can handle being stuck in a team who are so S type they need a prototype before they can even begin to think of what the hell he is talking about.

You are part of the problem, no amount of screaming I love ENTP's or they are all my best friends absolves you of soap boxing how pushy you are being to try and get someone to behave in an unnatural way for their type. Allowing people to work as much as possible within their own styles in order that they contribute to the highest possible level is simple good people management.

Heres an alternative perspectve for you... treat this guy like he is he victim of corporate bullying (irespective that you beleive he is the problem) and check out what that looks like from HIS perspective not yours.

Snuff from me,

I'm sure you will now come back with 100 word rant (yawn) on how fabulous you are and how much effort you are making to ram yourself down this guys throat etc etc.

None of us have to work for you, hence our perspective is merely holding a mirror up to what you are doing wrong with this guy... (FYI - quite trying to fix him, in all probablility its not him that needs fixing he is just behaving like an ENTP who is squashed).

L

sculpting

first tink, from a quote from an exceptionally wise person on this site:

"Honey it isnt all about you."

This thread isnt about you and your problems in the past. Just becuase I raise a question concerning a personality type, doesnt mean I am attacking entps in general or you specifically. This instance is not your instance. He is not you.

In spite of all of this-he still has value to add and has great ideas. I cant change his core, but I can suggest he do certain things that at least dont continue to alienate him from the rest of the company.

And the part you seem to keep missing-likely becuase you are not really reading the posts in your self centric appraisal of the issue-is that he THANKS ME FOR MY ADVICE.

also you are now on ignore as you are sort of useless from a conversational perspective.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not even an ENTP so it can't be about me. I joined in because I was feeling left out.:violin:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
corporate bullying is SO atractive in a women... :rolleyes:

And sometimes people don't get it when they are being patronised. You asked for peoples opinions on the way you are playing a situation, but don't want to hear the opinions expressed by a few ENTPs on this thead that you are not doing very well. Perhaps you need to really consider you own motivations. Fortunately We don't work for you - so there is absolutely NO need for any of us to kiss ass and pretend your fabulous - you're trying to turn someone into a performing monkey... respect his differences.