User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: The ENTP shrug?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post

Most days at work I feel like a translator.

"hey thanks, Tinker this is great constructive advice. Interestingly the INTPs, INTJs and other ENTPs flock to my fucking door looking for advice. They tell me I can see every facet of a problem"

Such a hero - try asking your victim what he thinks?

I have. Please read above somewhere in the thread. He said "I love your advice"

Now he is a victim? You have no idea Tink, no idea at all how horrifically ironic what you state is. As I have said a few times-this man is not normal run of the mill entp. He is a very extreme example and has some real issues. But he is still part of my team and if by gathering constructive advice I can help him work more cohesively, than that is what I need to do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

See how they get riled at even the prospect of one of their kind being told what to do? :-D

I think you mess with their intuition when you try to control them, and without it, they are destabilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    See how they get riled at even the prospect of one of their kind being told what to do? :-D

I think you mess with their intuition when you try to control them, and without it, they are destabilized.
    +1, as juvenile as it is, the fastest way to get me to DO something is to tell me NOT to do it. And, the fastest way to get me to abort something is to TELL me to do it.

Suggest it, reason it out (justify), request it, but, NEVER, EVER, EVER, tell me what the fuck to do. I became this bull-headed even with my parents, and enforced it 100%, at age 16, and never looked back.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    +1, as juvenile as it is, the fastest way to get me to DO something is to tell me NOT to do it. And, the fastest way to get me to abort something is to TELL me to do it.

Suggest it, reason it out (justify), request it, but, NEVER, EVER, EVER, tell me what the fuck to do. I became this bull-headed even with my parents, and enforced it 100%, at age 16, and never looked back.
    Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about.

(Watch Nemo, your issues are about to be resolved.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

He needs a secretary.

MBTI
    ENTP

He needs a secretary.
    Winner! And make her really smart and really hot. Or one or the other if the combo is out of the company's price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

Yes, Te abuse is not the proer tool for interacting with ENTPs. I have run afoul of this one once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by HaHa View Post
    Shut the fuck up, you have no idea what you're talking about.

(Watch Nemo, your issues are about to be resolved.)
    hehehe, Q will kick your ass!

He needs a secretary.
    I actually made this suggestion with respect to all the sales guys, so they are bringing in a customer service rep to deal with a lot of mudane stuff.

As for her being hot-well let's just say that not returning emails and saying thank you are some of his lesser issues.... My god, this boy and the ladies....

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I push people away when I just don't want to deal with it. I'm not afraid of anything, but if I smell drama it physically looks like a huge mountain that I will have to scale with a 200 lb boulder on my back. I simply don't want to be bothered with it. I think about all the pieces in the downtime and break the mountain into a series of smaller climbs. But oftentimes, I forget to report back. Once it's settled in my head, I assume it's settled in everyone else's. And I am already bored with it and talking about it is the last thing I want to do. It's already done and decided and I want to move on.

But I think if you want him to act like a team member, you should treat him as one. I'm sure he can smell your "behavior modification" tactics from a mile away. It's insulting. Just tell him straight out that he's acting like a dick and no one wants to work with him. So he better come to work with a smile on his face, or else.

Or do what Tilty said: just get to the point or lighten up the atmosphere. But right now, it seems like the whole situation is too... heavy.
    As a late response, oftentimes I find that I don't want to deal with the bullshit because I know I'll immediately go to the nuclear option, since I'll be tired of dealing with it pretty quickly. Drama = me making everyone else feel like shit for dredging up this stupidity in the first place.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    As a late response, oftentimes I find that I don't want to deal with the bullshit because I know I'll immediately go to the nuclear option, since I'll be tired of dealing with it pretty quickly. Drama = me making everyone else feel like shit for dredging up this stupidity in the first place.

Oooh, yes. A definite possibility... Sometimes I back away to save everyone else from myself. I can be very nasty without even trying sometimes. I can instantly go for the jugular just to shut everyone up quickly and effectively. I try very hard not to be that person.