User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 91

  1. #81
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Merry Christmas


    I'd uh... I'd kiss some serious ass to whoever gets me a Christmas gift like that .

  2. #82
    Senior Member Dooraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    105

    Default

    If INTPs don't fit well with the cognitive processes Jung/MBTI aligns then I can definitely say I'm an INTP. My processes fit no where near the supposed function
    INTp (MBTI)
    LII (Socionics) but typed as ILI as well
    5 wing 6
    Ti > Ni > Si > Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Fe

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    what seems like Te is actually a manifestation of Fe.

    i know...i sometimes get confused between my own Te and Fe just because how assertive my speech seems. then i realize that 'Te' is absent when im being nice to people, when im practicing a positive Fe.

    also, compare your so called 'Te' with an ExTJ or INTJ's Te...youll realize the difference

  4. #84
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    what seems like Te is actually a manifestation of Fe.

    i know...i sometimes get confused between my own Te and Fe just because how assertive my speech seems. then i realize that 'Te' is absent when im being nice to people, when im practicing a positive Fe.

    also, compare your so called 'Te' with an ExTJ or INTJ's Te...youll realize the difference
    my speech is pretty assertive. is that an EP thing?

  5. #85
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    OK, here's an illustration where I aim to show how differentiation and the complexes proceed:

    when I saw that, I thought... that has to be an INTP

  6. #86
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Why does this all have to be so complicated?
    INTP=preference for introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceiving.
    I am still not getting all of this cognitive function stuff thrown on top of this once-simple system...

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Why does this all have to be so complicated?
    INTP=preference for introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceiving.
    not so simple when you account for people's personal values and ethics and STILL want to understand the way they work

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I am still not getting all of this cognitive function stuff thrown on top of this once-simple system...
    the way a perosn does things has been generalized to 8 seperate ways. these ways are then labeled cognitive functions. these become really obvious once you see real life examples.

    like figure out a person's MBTI in real life. then go on the net and look at their top 2-3 supposed cognitive functions. try to spot these functions in that person's mannerisms, speech, writings, deals with the world

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    my speech is pretty assertive. is that an EP thing?

    now that you mention it, my ENFP buddy is the chillest guy ever but sometimes his suggestions seem very Te in nature...which pisses me off cuz i feel like hes telling me to do stuff

  9. #89
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    now that you mention it, my ENFP buddy is the chillest guy ever but sometimes his suggestions seem very Te in nature...which pisses me off cuz i feel like hes telling me to do stuff
    Yeah, sometimes people feel like I'm telling them what to do. And sometimes I am.

    I think Te is very important to basic survival. These ENFPs who get by on cupcakes and smiles must have incredibly protective, wealthy parents. It also gives my Fi force (scary, I know) if need be. However, I also learned at some point in my late teens to use it as a defense mechanism, and I find that it occasionally separates me from people - which is often the very opposite of what I want.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, sometimes people feel like I'm telling them what to do. And sometimes I am.

    I think Te is very important to basic survival. These ENFPs who get by on cupcakes and smiles must have incredibly protective, wealthy parents. It also gives my Fi force (scary, I know) if need be. However, I also learned at some point in my late teens to use it as a defense mechanism, and I find that it occasionally separates me from people - which is often the very opposite of what I want.
    well put; i can see that everything you said applied to me the ENTP and my buddy the ENFP

    and the bolded part is the story of my uber ironic life

Similar Threads

  1. Explain the cognitive functions to me
    By Colors in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
  2. MBTI and Cognitive Functions
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 06:52 AM
  3. [JCF] Leanor Thomson's Theory and INFP cognitive functions
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 01:07 AM
  4. Cognitive Functions Test?
    By MerkW in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO