• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Cognitive Functions

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Merry Christmas :newwink:

artisanal-chocolates-ABFOOD0207-de.jpg

I'd uh... I'd kiss some serious ass to whoever gets me a Christmas gift like that :wubbie:.

Dooraven

MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w6
If INTPs don't fit well with the cognitive processes Jung/MBTI aligns then I can definitely say I'm an INTP. My processes fit no where near the supposed function

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
what seems like Te is actually a manifestation of Fe.

i know...i sometimes get confused between my own Te and Fe just because how assertive my speech seems. then i realize that 'Te' is absent when im being nice to people, when im practicing a positive Fe.

also, compare your so called 'Te' with an ExTJ or INTJ's Te...youll realize the difference

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what seems like Te is actually a manifestation of Fe.

i know...i sometimes get confused between my own Te and Fe just because how assertive my speech seems. then i realize that 'Te' is absent when im being nice to people, when im practicing a positive Fe.

also, compare your so called 'Te' with an ExTJ or INTJ's Te...youll realize the difference

my speech is pretty assertive. is that an EP thing?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why does this all have to be so complicated?
INTP=preference for introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceiving.
I am still not getting all of this cognitive function stuff thrown on top of this once-simple system...

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Why does this all have to be so complicated?
INTP=preference for introverted, intuitive, thinking and perceiving.

not so simple when you account for people's personal values and ethics and STILL want to understand the way they work

I am still not getting all of this cognitive function stuff thrown on top of this once-simple system...

the way a perosn does things has been generalized to 8 seperate ways. these ways are then labeled cognitive functions. these become really obvious once you see real life examples.

like figure out a person's MBTI in real life. then go on the net and look at their top 2-3 supposed cognitive functions. try to spot these functions in that person's mannerisms, speech, writings, deals with the world

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
my speech is pretty assertive. is that an EP thing?

now that you mention it, my ENFP buddy is the chillest guy ever but sometimes his suggestions seem very Te in nature...which pisses me off cuz i feel like hes telling me to do stuff

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
now that you mention it, my ENFP buddy is the chillest guy ever but sometimes his suggestions seem very Te in nature...which pisses me off cuz i feel like hes telling me to do stuff

Yeah, sometimes people feel like I'm telling them what to do. And sometimes I am.

I think Te is very important to basic survival. These ENFPs who get by on cupcakes and smiles must have incredibly protective, wealthy parents. It also gives my Fi force (scary, I know) if need be. However, I also learned at some point in my late teens to use it as a defense mechanism, and I find that it occasionally separates me from people - which is often the very opposite of what I want.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Yeah, sometimes people feel like I'm telling them what to do. And sometimes I am.

I think Te is very important to basic survival. These ENFPs who get by on cupcakes and smiles must have incredibly protective, wealthy parents. It also gives my Fi force (scary, I know) if need be. However, I also learned at some point in my late teens to use it as a defense mechanism, and I find that it occasionally separates me from people - which is often the very opposite of what I want.

well put; i can see that everything you said applied to me the ENTP and my buddy the ENFP

and the bolded part is the story of my uber ironic life

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the way a perosn does things has been generalized to 8 seperate ways. these ways are then labeled cognitive functions. these become really obvious once you see real life examples.

I understand that much at least. I don't get why the types are identified by these functions in addition to the preference system.

Also,what is with setting the same combination of functions for everyone of one type? Do the people who do not test that way still follow the pattern dictated somehow, or do we get to have whatever last 6 functions we'd like?