User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Why men don�t listen & why women don�t read maps

Why men dont listen & why women dont read maps
    by A&B Pease

Hi

Ive been reading the above book recently (really funny), and wondered if NTs are exclusively male brained?

Heres the test (its different than the one in the book but it will give you the gist):

brainsex matters - Live, love and learn to the full

Are NTs more male brained (even if Female)? I've met a few guys who are ENxP - who I think possibly have female brains....

Lis

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I scored 10/20. Right in the middle of the continuum.

EDIT: Also if you care about the hand thing, my index finger and ring finger are almost the same size with the index being just slightly longer.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

tell me Poppy - what sex do you think your brain is? I'm assuming you are a woman (it gets a bit confusing round here).

One interesting bit from the book - is that the male eye has fewer cones which means their field of vision is more focused than womens, who are better at the whole periferal vision thing. This is why blokes can't see what is in front of them.

catching a bloke staring at other women is a bit of a cheat - they have to turn their heads to check women out, Women look at other men just as much but pereferally.

Lis

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

We had to do that test for speech class. NF female - Heavily leaning toward male brain according to the book for me. I know you wanted NT females, but.. I don't think type correlates well to the book based on the test.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    tell me Poppy - what sex do you think your brain is? I'm assuming you are a woman (it gets a bit confusing round here).

One interesting bit from the book - is that the male eye has fewer cones which means their field of vision is more focused than womens, who are better at the whole periferal vision thing. This is why blokes can't see what is in front of them.

catching a bloke staring at other women is a bit of a cheat - they have to turn their heads to check women out, Women look at other men just as much but pereferally.

Lis
    Yep, I'm female. I'd say my brain is most definitely biologically female, as much as there can be biological differences between male and female brains.

Socially NT girls (any probably many T girls) have a tendency towards traits that are thought of as masculine. Some of the questions about doing wheelies or climbing trees when young seem to me like they're based on stereotypes and not "brain organization", so I'm not sure how valid I consider the test.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP

hi Kyuuei

I had my own theory of NF and ENTP males having female brains - just observing them, the ENTP however I changed my mind about.

I'm pretty confident that my brain is male - I grew up in a very male skewed household so not sure if it was nature or nurture. The book however says it was nature.

It's a very funny book - goes into spacial awareness, women typically have issues with spacial awareness making them lousey parkers but good drivers. Men like speed which is why they cause driving accidents more (women prang cars against objects while manovering).

L

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yep, I'm female. I'd say my brain is most definitely biologically female, as much as there can be biological differences between male and female brains.

Socially NT girls (any probably many T girls) have a tendency towards traits that are thought of as masculine. Some of the questions about doing wheelies or climbing trees when young seem to me like they're based on stereotypes and not "brain organization", so I'm not sure how valid I consider the test.
    The test in the book although slightly steriotypical is better, but to be honest I thought about typing it out, but I thought it might have (c) issues, hence I plucked this one off the web.

The book goes into the physiology of "gayness", being to do with testosterone surges during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Depending on the amount and number of surges can lead to gayness/transexualisim. Not sure how up to date the thinking is, but it was interesting

Lis

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

8/20 - I'm a male INTP.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm a man. I got 8, which is slightly male. This surprises me, because gender tests almost always make me female.

Some of the questions pissed me off though, like 17. I really want to talk to my friends, but I want to avoid talking to me family. So how do I answer that?

Bleh.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ Jinx, you owe me a coke
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4