• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why men don�t listen & why women don�t read maps

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I read this book too. It was very interesting. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Why men don’t listen & why women don’t read maps
by A&B Pease

Hi

I’ve been reading the above book recently (really funny), and wondered if NT’s are exclusively male brained?

Here’s the test (it’s different than the one in the book but it will give you the gist):

brainsex matters - Live, love and learn to the full

Are NT’s more male brained (even if Female)? I've met a few guys who are ENxP - who I think possibly have female brains....

Lis

Amazing book, both me and my NT ex read it. So insightful.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a male ENTP.
I scored a 9.
My index finger is slightly longer than my ring finger.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
12/20

female infp, ring and index finger are just about the same length

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
7/20 but both of my index fingers are about 1/3 of an inch longer than my ring fingers, so sI have female hands.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
catching a bloke staring at other women is a bit of a cheat - they have to turn their heads to check women out, Women look at other men just as much but pereferally.

Oh no....not more "scientific" excuses for bad male behavior....:rolli:

--------

I'm an NF woman and I scored female: 12/20.
My index finger is significantly shorter than my ring finger.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
3/20
Male INTP
Longer ring finger (I think there might be something to the finger length theory. I remember seeing somwthing where they visited a female rugby team, and all of them had a longer ring finger. And I'm guessing there have been studies on it.)

I didn't know being good at multi-tasking, good hearing, and not being a collector was feminine. :huh: I probably could have come up with a better test.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have taken these types of test before, and have always scored highly on the male AND the female ones. So I guess my brain is confused, or a crossdressing brain, or sumthin.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Why men don’t listen & why women don’t read maps
by A&B Pease

Hi

I’ve been reading the above book recently (really funny), and wondered if NT’s are exclusively male brained?

Here’s the test (it’s different than the one in the book but it will give you the gist):

brainsex matters - Live, love and learn to the full

Are NT’s more male brained (even if Female)? I've met a few guys who are ENxP - who I think possibly have female brains....

Lis

I scored 9/20.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5/20 (moderately male)
Index fingers are much shorter than ring fingers (strongly male?)

-Female INTP

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Male, 5/20, index fingers are both somewhat shorter

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I got eleven, which means my brain is more balanced, but slightly more female.

And I've got the female hands.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I remember seeing somwthing where they visited a female rugby team, and all of them had a longer ring finger. And I'm guessing there have been studies on it.)

It's supposed to signify more testosterone.

In my case, I find it odd because I'm not an aggressive tomboy at all. I'm super girly and mostly gentle.

V

violaine

Female INFJ, scored 10/20. Index and ring fingers look like they are the same length but ring fingers may be ever so slightly longer. And people not being able to reverse park properly is one of my pet peeves. :)

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
In the book the scale is something like -40 to 149 is male, 150 to 180 is the area of crossover, and 181 to 370 is female.

I scored a 65. Also, the sequel, Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes is excellent as well.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I got 7. Some male-brained questions sounded like "are you a dumb jock or not?". I really don't love this kind of books, I can't see myself in 70 percent of the typical male behaviors (and there's no question about my sexuality or my appearance or my voice, all stereotypically male; my ring finger is significantly longer than my index finger).