• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why men don�t listen & why women don�t read maps

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why men don’t listen & why women don’t read maps
by A&B Pease

Hi

I’ve been reading the above book recently (really funny), and wondered if NT’s are exclusively male brained?

Here’s the test (it’s different than the one in the book but it will give you the gist):

brainsex matters - Live, love and learn to the full

Are NT’s more male brained (even if Female)? I've met a few guys who are ENxP - who I think possibly have female brains....

Lis

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I scored 10/20. Right in the middle of the continuum.

EDIT: Also if you care about the hand thing, my index finger and ring finger are almost the same size with the index being just slightly longer.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
tell me Poppy - what sex do you think your brain is? I'm assuming you are a woman (it gets a bit confusing round here).

One interesting bit from the book - is that the male eye has fewer cones which means their field of vision is more focused than womens, who are better at the whole periferal vision thing. This is why blokes can't see what is in front of them.

catching a bloke staring at other women is a bit of a cheat - they have to turn their heads to check women out, Women look at other men just as much but pereferally.

Lis

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
We had to do that test for speech class. NF female - Heavily leaning toward male brain according to the book for me. I know you wanted NT females, but.. I don't think type correlates well to the book based on the test.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
tell me Poppy - what sex do you think your brain is? I'm assuming you are a woman (it gets a bit confusing round here).

One interesting bit from the book - is that the male eye has fewer cones which means their field of vision is more focused than womens, who are better at the whole periferal vision thing. This is why blokes can't see what is in front of them.

catching a bloke staring at other women is a bit of a cheat - they have to turn their heads to check women out, Women look at other men just as much but pereferally.

Lis

Yep, I'm female. I'd say my brain is most definitely biologically female, as much as there can be biological differences between male and female brains.

Socially NT girls (any probably many T girls) have a tendency towards traits that are thought of as masculine. Some of the questions about doing wheelies or climbing trees when young seem to me like they're based on stereotypes and not "brain organization", so I'm not sure how valid I consider the test.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
hi Kyuuei

I had my own theory of NF and ENTP males having female brains - just observing them, the ENTP however I changed my mind about.

I'm pretty confident that my brain is male - I grew up in a very male skewed household so not sure if it was nature or nurture. The book however says it was nature.

It's a very funny book - goes into spacial awareness, women typically have issues with spacial awareness making them lousey parkers but good drivers. Men like speed which is why they cause driving accidents more (women prang cars against objects while manovering).

L

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yep, I'm female. I'd say my brain is most definitely biologically female, as much as there can be biological differences between male and female brains.

Socially NT girls (any probably many T girls) have a tendency towards traits that are thought of as masculine. Some of the questions about doing wheelies or climbing trees when young seem to me like they're based on stereotypes and not "brain organization", so I'm not sure how valid I consider the test.

The test in the book although slightly steriotypical is better, but to be honest I thought about typing it out, but I thought it might have (c) issues, hence I plucked this one off the web.

The book goes into the physiology of "gayness", being to do with testosterone surges during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Depending on the amount and number of surges can lead to gayness/transexualisim. Not sure how up to date the thinking is, but it was interesting

Lis

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a man. I got 8, which is slightly male. This surprises me, because gender tests almost always make me female.

Some of the questions pissed me off though, like 17. I really want to talk to my friends, but I want to avoid talking to me family. So how do I answer that?

Bleh.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
MP - so you've done a brain gender test before and came out female?

I know the test isn't brilliant - sorry but it was better than the first online one.

I can sub you 50p for a coke....

:p

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MP - so you've done a brain gender test before and came out female?

I know the test isn't brilliant - sorry but it was better than the first online one.

Well, they weren't all precisely brains tests, but yes, gender tests call me female usually. In fact, up until now, I think they always have.

I can sub you 50p for a coke....

:p

Thanks for the offer, but it would save me a lot of trouble to give me something in dollars and cents.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks for the offer, but it would save me a lot of trouble to give me something in dollars and cents.

Actually MP you may have lucked out, I have a pot full of foreign currency that is full of cents and silver coins, I don't get to the US all that often these days.

BBNB - seems you are like me, slightly male skewed, I was more male brained in the books test....

Lis

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I got 7/20, which is slightly male. I scored right in the middle of the spectrum on the BBC brain gender test, though. And my rind and index fingers are the same size.

Oh, and I'm an INTP female, if that wasn't known.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
14/20.

With the following qualifications:

1. I'm an NF.

2. I'm a male-to-female transsexual.

3. I once had to ask so many people for directions on my way to an unfamiliar place that my reputation proceeded me (because I didn't understand the map and had relied on an incomplete set of landmarks from simulating my walking route on Google Earth), and I was known as "the person with the lousy sense of direction" with people joking about me when I got there. :blush:

4. I'm 21 and still too scared to get my driver's license.

So, my gender issues, F preference, fear of driving, and lousy sense of direction might have skewed the test results towards female a bit. Then again, perhaps that's what was intended.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Athenian

for what it's worth, I've a close friend - who is an ENFJ (male straight), who I'm sure is female brained - turned maps, gets defensive about being straight a lot (which makes me laugh beacuse he has until recently shagged around a lot). Anyways he is 42 and just got his drivers licence, so dont be too hard on yourself. I ahve to say he is extremely ditsy.... his brain wanders all over the place, I'm so peased he has a US licence (he moved there in Jan) and not a UK one (I feel safer).

So don't give up on driving.... if he can do it.....

Lis