First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

9/20 ring finger longer
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

15/20

Female hands
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I wonder how they decide what traits are female and which ones are male. Perhaps they go by the average behavior of men and women, or maybe they've determined which behaviors are associated with testosterone and estrogen. There's nothing intrinsically gender-oriented about those hormones, though, nor does it make a lot of sense to go by common behavior when it's so heavily influenced by culture. It seems arbitrary to me, but then I suppose everything does. I got 15 out of 20, by the way, which seems a bit high to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    15/20

Female hands
    Whew, someone finally got a higher score than me. It's about time.

5/20, fairly equal sized index and ring fingers. INTP male.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Whew, someone finally got a higher score than me. It's about time.
    I saw that, and thought hey a famel brain and hands...

The first time I ever came across the index v's ring finger thing was a discussion forum on infertility. Very fetile men have really long ring fingers and women this is inverse. If women have longer ring fingers it "can" indicate fertility issues. I don't know how accurate it is.

Lis

MBTI
    ENFP

16/20 and I have a slightly longer index finger on both hands.

Is it because I am clumsy and have no sense of direction? Most questions seem to be geared towards that.

Holy... I don't want to be uber fertile. Despite my supposed feminity I don't like kids.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

10/20 INFP male and both my index and ring fingers for both hands look even.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

yeah look i didnt take it but those tests usually scream MALE!!! at me.. and im female.

my mind is definatlety very masculine. ive known this for a long time and my typically-masculine-learning-problems-that-i-shouldn't-have-because-im-a-girl have been overlooked my entire school life, which is a real pain in my ass. i get sick watching teachers pat boys on the back the second they show trouble. i struggled more than most of them and was always ignored, or put in box 'unknown' and hence ignored. im better at most "man" things than men. there have been amny occasions were ive watched a group of guys, who, and i quote "have a knack for fixing things", struggle with fixing somethign which i figured out almost as soon as i looked at it. (i go back after they were done failing and fix it).
    ive never had to rotate a map to read it. i dont follow intructions. out of everyone in my family (including the males) im the best as visual/spatial reasoning and the like. the type of ability it requires to build something, to sculpt, to remember visually, to mentally rotate.
    youre hypothesising NT's have masculine thought processes? i dont think you're correct, i think you're confusing it with masculine emotion-ness. sure N's like whole picutres but mbti doesn't dictate their methods of thought, just the thoughts purpose. NT#1 is wondering about the whole picture but their thoughts are in words. NT#2 also wonders about the whole picture but thinks in pcitures.
    NT#1 talks alot more, is analytical, does better in school, does better at timed tasks and essays but cant read a map, hates subjects like technical drawing, is less likely to understand mathematical relationships between forces, etc.
    NT#2 communicates more with body language and actions rather than words, has trouble communicating their thoughts, probably hates school and can't demonstrate their intelligence, does well at phsyics and advanced math, can double back over a path after only travelling that way once before, etc.

men or "masculine" minded people don't listen because they don't think in words.
    women or "feminine" minded people don't/can't read maps because they don't think in picutres.

there's a pciture i saw somewhere and i thought it was very demonstrative. it was of two people who were each building an aeroplane. one following the instructions, not knowing how it was going to turn out. they were doing it step by step. the other hadn't concidered the intructions but had a thought bubble over their head of what the finished plane would look like, and had already finished it.

whoops, sorry.
    *end hateful rant.*

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

oh and ive measured my index and ring fingers. i think i had/have slightly longer ring fingers which indicte i was exposed to higher level of tesoterone while i was in the womb. my ratio was more masculine than my fathers'.

i guess im more of an Xx than a XX ... even Xx (just kidding)

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    men or "masculine" minded people don't listen because they don't think in words.
    women or "feminine" minded people don't/can't read maps because they don't think in picutres.

The way I think of getting from place to place is by thinking of certain intersections as main parts with abstract connections connecting them to other intersections and places. I may know that two different routes can get me to the same places, but I don't really have a mental map of how. The only gauge I have of how different the routes are are the kinds of road, speed limits, and amount of time each one takes.

I often think in words but I can't understand or keep track of linear verbal directions

I often can't read maps because though I think of the places visually I'm thinking of them at a human-eye view instead of a birds-eye view, with lots of details that I know are important to recognizing the intersection, like how many lanes there are and how many turn in each direction.

I remember once going to an old maps exhibit at a museum where there were pictures of the road and intersections and under the pictures it said 'turn left here.' That would be the most useful map to me.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge