User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP

T is more stereotypically male, F is more stereotypically female. Or rather that's the cultural expectations - males are expected to be more T, females more F.

One thing where I'm stereotypically female - navigation. I suck at navigating and easily get lost, even with maps.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    BB - I'm jelous of your skills, there are some game I'm never going to get the hang off. Backgammon drives me nuts, Iv'e not figured out what creates a higher score.....
    Oh, I'd forgotten about backgammon. A friend of mine plays it a lot and coached me briefly at one point (I already knew how to play from childhood plus playing against the computer years ago).
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    T is more stereotypically male, F is more stereotypically female. Or rather that's the cultural expectations - males are expected to be more T, females more F.

One thing where I'm stereotypically female - navigation. I suck at navigating and easily get lost, even with maps.
    I think the whole T & F thing is more than stereotypical if the brain gender tallies up on mass. It suggest that T = male brained and F = female brain, the stereo type comes from that not the other way round, although of course we have eons of socal conditioning....

Weird you can't do maps but can do computer games, whould have though the spacial awareness was the same... clearly not....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I think there are a few subjects that are more mixed gender - if you'd been a petrol head with a female brain, I think this might be more unusal. You cite being a computer geek, but are you the same type of computer geek as a male dominated brain? It may be that you are a geek in a different way (exploring it from a relationship perspective rather than purely technical).
    Huh. Well, lately I've been using it from a more relationship perspective, but I used to explore it mostly from a technical one. I do actually have an interest in purely technical perspectives to use as a reference to make sure my abstractions don't get too far from the nature of the thing, though. I think I always tended to anthropomorphize various computing concepts in my imagination (perhaps reconstructing the programmer's personality from analyzing it, or imagining it as it's own personality, etc). I actually spent a great portion of my life trying to find ways to extrapolate things about the personality and nature of a designer/programmer from using the kinds of systems they designed, preferred, or disliked, sort of as a way of relating to them and getting to know them very, very indirectly (because I had come to believe that direct interpersonal interactions were somehow "tainted" with ego and such). This made my mind well-prepared for something like MBTI.

Actually, the thing that got me into computers originally was the hope of being able to program them to interact with me like a human being, maybe even care about me (I've always had a primary interest in A.I. development, improving human beings with cybernetic technology, and sentient machines). The interest intensified after I was betrayed by a friend and decided that computers were more trustworthy than people.

So, yeah... I guess there is an interpersonal perspective to be had there.

MBTI
    eNTP

Wow! That is an extremely sexist test. I'm ENTP female, a 9/20, and yeah, the finger things says I'm male.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments. He concluded that There is more than one way of doing good science.
    It was Watsons form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA. It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm female.
    I scored a 6 on the test.
    And both my index fingers are slightly shorter than my ring fingers.

MBTI
    ESFJ

OK so i just had to do the test. I love tests.

12/20. Index shorter than ring finger.

From the book i had to do the brain wiring test, i came up as 170 so i am on the overlap of masculine/feminine brain. Apparantly i have a foot in both sexual camps. Lol. Wicked.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I scored 8. I usually score around the middle, but if I do lean it's towards the male side.

And if anyone must know, my ring finger is longer than my index finger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I scored 10/20. Right in the middle of the continuum.

EDIT: Also if you care about the hand thing, my index finger and ring finger are almost the same size with the index being just slightly longer.
    I got a 9/20.

Same finger results as Poppy, my index is just a bit longer on each hand.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    Wow! That is an extremely sexist test. I'm ENTP female, a 9/20, and yeah, the finger things says I'm male.
    Why is it sexist? Just because we don't fit within a gender stereotype?

Maybe the individual points seem sexist taken on their own, but they're derived from general pools of data and thus reflect a "majority" grouping (e.g. ,"It is more likely for boys to want to...").

The real issue there is that it's still hard to tell what role socialization has had in the tendencies of the particular gender group, although it's pretty common knowledge from studies that when girls are given "boy toys," they usually play with them as if they were people; and boys will play with dolls as if they were footballs, not people at all, without any prior coaching. So it's not all just the socialization, there's tendencies that do exist.

The index/ring thing always seems funny to me; it's basically a test for the presence of testosterone early on, I think.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi Jennifer,

actually the book suggests that a lot of the gender differences are caused by those testosterone surges in pregnance.

Persumable one surge causes a physical changes - block and tackle
    the other - create the male brain.

Its from there that a lot of childhood gender specific behaviours come from.

I wonder if what a child plays with is a product of environement (I climbed in trees a lot... I grew up with brothers), but how one plays is nature - I did lots of imaginative games etc, a lot more so than my brothers....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Actually, the thing that got me into computers originally was the hope of being able to program them to interact with me like a human being, maybe even care about me (I've always had a primary interest in A.I. development, improving human beings with cybernetic technology, and sentient machines). The interest intensified after I was betrayed by a friend and decided that computers were more trustworthy than people.

So, yeah... I guess there is an interpersonal perspective to be had there.
    AI is a bit scary, but it would fit a femail brain.... relationship based IT.....

L