• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Hypothetical Day of a Misanthropic INTJ

MerkW

I found this on one of the Socionics forums . I think that it is rather amusing:

A Hypothetical Day of a Misanthropic INTJ Collegiate

Despite this referring specifically to an INTJ, I suppose that this could apply to any NT club type in general, though especially the introverts. Interestingly, I have heard some discussion as to whether this guy actually is an INTJ. Some people have said that he actually might be an INTP.
What are your opinions?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I found this on one of the Socionics forums . I think that it is rather amusing:

Despite this referring specifically to an INTJ, I suppose that this could apply to any NT club type in general, though especially the introverts. Interestingly, I have heard some discussion as to whether this guy actually is an INTJ. Some people have said that he actually might be an INTP.
What are your opinions?
He seems violent and emotionally disturbed to me - or is that just testosterone?

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't find such particularly disturbing...overly given to emotional reactions of anger, but most of it I could sympathize with.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I really couldn't identify with much of that other than people opening up their first conversation with, "You don't talk much, do you?"

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't find him particularly INTJ-ish when I read that a number of years ago... I couldn't place him, but I am almost certain he has some disorders. I can relate to some things, but they're probably merely the effect of shared disorders.

I have a distinct drive for solitude, and had that when I was in school. I also avoided such horrible group activities whenever possible and have a thing for going out late at night.

I can't relate to much else.

ygolo

My termites win
I am too hungry to read through his whole day, but just wanted to note that, it is quite possible that a symbolic Socionics INTj is actually a symbolic INTP by Myers-Briggs standards.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I can relate to the thing about the lunch line. I usually brought lunch with me because the line was too long, and looked a little competitive. But I still liked to talk to people in the lunch room, although sometimes I was irritated by how loud everyone was. I liked conversations with people I knew, but when people got too loud or started moving around too much, I did feel tremulous and edgy.

Strangers didn't bother me, as long as they didn't make me feel threatened, and weren't squealing, shrieking, or talking loudly. Polite, nonthreatening people were always easy to get along with. I would still be nice to people who made me nervous and/or irritated, but try to make an excuse to get away from them.

In fact, if I saw people getting too erratic, too loud, or just acting too silly, I would get very agitated and start thinking to myself, "What's wrong with these people? They're completely uncivilized, uncouth, and impolite. What barbarians! Why should I have to be associated with such people? They're so crude and uncoordinated, I'm not even sure they should be called people."

Of course, I would later feel guilty about thinking this, and wonder why it was so hard for me not to look down on people when they didn't behave well.

I never had a problem with expressing emotions, or being concerned about people and such. I just didn't like loudness, vulgarity, erratic movement, touching, or any sort of misbehavior. I tried to avoid situations where those things occurred, and felt uncomfortable when they did.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For what it's worth, my thought process is absolutely nothing like that of this essay.

Mendacity

I wasn't disturbed by it, although I thought the guy in the story was probably a little immature and also suffered from some mental disorders.
But I do really really hate it when strangers sit next to me and strike up a conversation when I'm obviously trying to read or something.
And when they try to convert me to their religion.
Or ask me what my tattoos mean (kinda personal!)
And I would also probably leave a class instead of being forced to talk about my feelings with a bunch of near-strangers.
But I don't get mad about losing games. I don't fantasize about mutilating attractive members of the opposite sex. Unless they REALLY deserve it :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am too hungry to read through his whole day, but just wanted to note that, it is quite possible that a symbolic Socionics INTj is actually a symbolic INTP by Myers-Briggs standards.

That's what I was wondering. Not very mbti INTJ... but possibly INTP?

I actually did identify with much of this, thinking of when I was around twenty years old (I'm a lot friendlier now... :) ), except for the extremity... but was he being literal in terms of his imagined violence towards others or simply using dry/tongue-in-cheek hyperbole?

Inside there was this constant need to judge what was going on around me (sometimes leading to very extreme internal reactions to intrusions or people's stupidity or arrogance). But outwardly what was manifested was, basically, disassociation ... instead of trying to control others or fight them, you just control yourself and remove yourself or avoid interacting as much as possible.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I wasn't disturbed by it, although I thought the guy in the story was probably a little immature and also suffered from some mental disorders.

He said is was "hypothetical" and it's meant to be a joke. I'm sure the guy doesn't really react that way at all. He's just using hyperbole and sarcasm.

Am I the only one to perceive it this way? It seems the INTJ's in this thread are taking it overly seriously.

edit:
but was he being literal in terms of his imagined violence towards others or simply using dry/tongue-in-cheek hyperbole?

You beat me to it :)

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
And even as a non-I, non-J and non-T, I can really relate to Athenian and Mendacity on destesting loudness and bad behaviour in that sort of setting (I really, really hate people on trains, buses, supermarkets and stuff like that too) and having strangers come near and talk to me when I'm obviously engaged in some other activity, such as looking pointedly in the opposite direction. I didn't find it disturbing to read, just annoying to some extent.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
And even as a non-I, non-J and non-T, I can really relate to Athenian and Mendacity on destesting loudness and bad behaviour in that sort of setting (I really, really hate people on trains, buses, supermarkets and stuff like that too) and having strangers come near and talk to me when I'm obviously engaged in some other activity, such as looking pointedly in the opposite direction. I didn't find it disturbing to read, just annoying to some extent.

It always amazes me how some people are completely incapable of detecting when chitchat is undesired.

I used to work with this woman who would see me sitting in the corner with a newspaper, sipping coffee with a look of concentration on my face, yet still come over and start babbling, then looking dejected when I deflected her efforts at initiating conversation. What, between the coffee, the newspaper, and the distant look on my face, could possibly give this person the idea that I wanted to talk?

She started telling people that she thought I had depression. Man she drove me nuts.

Mendacity

He said is was "hypothetical" and it's meant to be a joke. I'm sure the guy doesn't really react that way at all. He's just using hyperbole and sarcasm.
Am I the only one to perceive it this way? It seems the INTJ's in this thread are taking it overly seriously.

Well I didn't think that he was doing anything more than fantasizing about the violence.
However,
"Your mind quickly switches to this pretty blond named Amy, and how enticing it would be to strangle her-- to hear her scream! To watch her short, meek, slender body writhe in pain! You mentally tag her for later thoughts,"
seems pretty specific for it to be hyperbole and sarcasm. Although there were parts of the piece that seemed to be these things, this passage did not strike me as such. Actually, that passage strikes me as a bit sitting-in-the-bushes-outside-the-head-cheerleader's-room-masturbating-with-one's-own-feces-while-fantasizing-about-torturing-her-because-she-won't-talk-to-you.
Also, if the writer doesn't react that way, that's fine. But I'm not talking and don't care about the writer. I'm talking about the guy in the story and I think he's immature and probably has some mental disorders. I say immature I guess, because in my experience younger people have a more volatile reaction to life stupidity and bullshit. I used to be pretty misanthropic and violent when I was in my early 20's as well.
Ok, it's a story about a young guy with mental disorders. That's fine. Those stories are valid and entertaining too. All I'm saying is that I don't act or think that way.

I used to work with this woman who would see me sitting in the corner with a newspaper, sipping coffee with a look of concentration on my face, yet still come over and start babbling, then looking dejected when I deflected her efforts at initiating conversation. What, between the coffee, the newspaper, and the distant look on my face, could possibly give this person the idea that I wanted to talk?

Some people can't wrap their brains around the concept that some people don't want to talk. Or share personal details about themselves with strangers. I have a tattoo in Gaelic on my arm. People ask me what it means all the time. That's fine. They're curious. I'm not thrilled about it, but I knew it was going to happen when I got the tattoo.
What it means is "All that you love will be taken away." To me, this serves as a reminder to appreciate the things I have in life because inevitably they will one day be gone. When I tell people what the tattoo means they look at me like I'm a leper and say, "Wow, that's depressing." I guess if you look at it a certain way it can be. That's not how I look at it though. And who the fuck are you to critique my tattoo anyway? Did I ask your opinion? You don't have to like it, it's my tattoo and I won't make you get one just like it. Would you critique the haircut of a stranger in the same way? No, that would be rude! Just like what you're doing now is rude and if you had more brains than god gave a gnat you might see that!
So I stopped telling people what it meant. They'd ask and I'd say, "Actually, it's kind of personal" and smile at them in a friendly way. They always get offended by that. The guy at the convenience store or at the Blockbuster gets offended because I don't want to tell him what my tattoo means.
So I've started telling people it means "Jesus Christ is my lord and savior." One day I'll get someone for whom Jesus Christ is actually their lord and savior and then I'll really be fucked... but it hasn't happened yet. Now they just smile uncomfortably and go away. :D

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well I didn't think that he was doing anything more than fantasizing about the violence.
However,
"Your mind quickly switches to this pretty blond named Amy, and how enticing it would be to strangle her-- to hear her scream! To watch her short, meek, slender body writhe in pain! You mentally tag her for later thoughts,"
seems pretty specific for it to be hyperbole and sarcasm. Although there were parts of the piece that seemed to be these things, this passage did not strike me as such. Actually, that passage strikes me as a bit sitting-in-the-bushes-outside-the-head-cheerleader's-room-masturbating-with-one's-own-feces-while-fantasizing-about-torturing-her-because-she-won't-talk-to-you.
Also, if the writer doesn't react that way, that's fine. But I'm not talking and don't care about the writer. I'm talking about the guy in the story and I think he's immature and probably has some mental disorders. I say immature I guess, because in my experience younger people have a more volatile reaction to life stupidity and bullshit. I used to be pretty misanthropic and violent when I was in my early 20's as well.
Ok, it's a story about a young guy with mental disorders. That's fine. Those stories are valid and entertaining too. All I'm saying is that I don't act or think that way.

OK, but I interpret it differently.

You have to put that sentence back into its context:

"HI! MY NAME IS AMY, AND I AM WITH THE STUDENTS FOR A MORE CHRISTIAN SOCIETY! WE ARE HAVING A COOKOUT TONIGHT, AND WE WILL BE SINGING, DANCING, PLAYING GAMES, AND JUST GETTING TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER! IT WILL LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN! EVERYONE IS INVITED, SO I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!" she says, full of excitement. "Thanks!" you say, taking a flyer, although you had quickly decided that there is no way in hell you are going. You wonder if Hell would be much worse. Your mind quickly switches to this pretty blond named Amy, and how enticing it would be to strangle her-- to hear her scream! To watch her short, meek, slender body writhe in pain! You mentally tag her for later thoughts.

It's basically an anti-Fe rant. It's just a humorous way of expressing that the extraverted behavior is extremely annoying to the INTJ. It's just dark humor/cynicism mixed with hyperbole for a tongue-in-cheek effect.

Mendacity

OK, but I interpret it differently.
You have to put that sentence back into its context:
It's basically an anti-Fe rant. It's just a humorous way of expressing that the extraverted behavior is extremely annoying to the INTJ. It's just dark humor/cynicism mixed with hyperbole for a tongue-in-cheek effect.

I don't think the context changes things. I agree that it's an anti-Fe rant in a sense, but I think he crosses a line in there.
Anyway, it's a piece of (probably) fiction and thus open to interpretation. You may very well be right about the author's intentions. I disagree, but it's all a matter of opinion and interpretation in the end. And that's cool.
Anyway, the author shouldn't have written it as just fantasizing about hurting the annoying idiot girl. Really he should have opened her head and eaten her brains to gain her powers. That's the only way to truly handle one's enemies. Anything less is just laziness.
Anyway, I've probably had too much to drink tonight.

Keoren

MBTI Type
INtP
I can very well relate until the last lines of 4:49pm-- (You throw your hat off, kick the chair...), from there it becomes 'not me'. Let's also forget about the proudly organized notebook, unless talking about organized chaos.

Didn't find this one bit disturbing, to be honest. It was actually quite entertaining, and in a way fascinating.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I read this some time ago and also thought it was hilarious, I could identify with some of it, especially the standing in line for lunch part.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX

What are your opinions?

Personally, I think that "Sonics" site is a comedy site... I think that whoever wrote it was belittled too often at school by INTJ's....