User Tag List

123 Last

Default Hypothetical Day of a Misanthropic INTJ

I found this on one of the Socionics forums . I think that it is rather amusing:

A Hypothetical Day of a Misanthropic INTJ Collegiate

Despite this referring specifically to an INTJ, I suppose that this could apply to any NT club type in general, though especially the introverts. Interestingly, I have heard some discussion as to whether this guy actually is an INTJ. Some people have said that he actually might be an INTP.
    What are your opinions?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    I found this on one of the Socionics forums . I think that it is rather amusing:

A Hypothetical Day of a Misanthropic INTJ Collegiate

Despite this referring specifically to an INTJ, I suppose that this could apply to any NT club type in general, though especially the introverts. Interestingly, I have heard some discussion as to whether this guy actually is an INTJ. Some people have said that he actually might be an INTP.
    What are your opinions?
    He seems violent and emotionally disturbed to me - or is that just testosterone?

MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't find such particularly disturbing...overly given to emotional reactions of anger, but most of it I could sympathize with.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INTJ

I really couldn't identify with much of that other than people opening up their first conversation with, "You don't talk much, do you?"
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't find him particularly INTJ-ish when I read that a number of years ago... I couldn't place him, but I am almost certain he has some disorders. I can relate to some things, but they're probably merely the effect of shared disorders.

I have a distinct drive for solitude, and had that when I was in school. I also avoided such horrible group activities whenever possible and have a thing for going out late at night.

I can't relate to much else.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

I am too hungry to read through his whole day, but just wanted to note that, it is quite possible that a symbolic Socionics INTj is actually a symbolic INTP by Myers-Briggs standards.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I can relate to the thing about the lunch line. I usually brought lunch with me because the line was too long, and looked a little competitive. But I still liked to talk to people in the lunch room, although sometimes I was irritated by how loud everyone was. I liked conversations with people I knew, but when people got too loud or started moving around too much, I did feel tremulous and edgy.

Strangers didn't bother me, as long as they didn't make me feel threatened, and weren't squealing, shrieking, or talking loudly. Polite, nonthreatening people were always easy to get along with. I would still be nice to people who made me nervous and/or irritated, but try to make an excuse to get away from them.

In fact, if I saw people getting too erratic, too loud, or just acting too silly, I would get very agitated and start thinking to myself, "What's wrong with these people? They're completely uncivilized, uncouth, and impolite. What barbarians! Why should I have to be associated with such people? They're so crude and uncoordinated, I'm not even sure they should be called people."

Of course, I would later feel guilty about thinking this, and wonder why it was so hard for me not to look down on people when they didn't behave well.

I never had a problem with expressing emotions, or being concerned about people and such. I just didn't like loudness, vulgarity, erratic movement, touching, or any sort of misbehavior. I tried to avoid situations where those things occurred, and felt uncomfortable when they did.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

For what it's worth, my thought process is absolutely nothing like that of this essay.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ENTJ

I thought it was hilarious...

I wasn't disturbed by it, although I thought the guy in the story was probably a little immature and also suffered from some mental disorders.
    But I do really really hate it when strangers sit next to me and strike up a conversation when I'm obviously trying to read or something.
    And when they try to convert me to their religion.
    Or ask me what my tattoos mean (kinda personal!)
    And I would also probably leave a class instead of being forced to talk about my feelings with a bunch of near-strangers.
    But I don't get mad about losing games. I don't fantasize about mutilating attractive members of the opposite sex. Unless they REALLY deserve it