User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I have HUGE HUGE procrastination issues. Like it literally ruins my life and makes me very depressed. One method that worked for me was to literally not think! I know that's really hard to do for an INTP, but i noticed it's really thinking so much about what you're going to do beforehand that keeps you from doing it because you know it will be work. Before I do a task (i usually have a very long list) I clear my mind and just go and do it. I dont allow ANY thoughts to enter my mind about how of what it will be like doing. I keep it blank and just go and start.
    I did this for a week and it felt really good and i got a lot done! But the truth is it's hard to keep up because it really made me feel weird and out of character (to not be constantly analyzing everything)

Im a INTP, a method that works great for me is

1:The 48 min rule-Set a timer on your phone/whatever for 48 mins, do 1 task and dont stop till the 48 mins is up.When it is take a 12 min break, watch some tv, read a mag, relax, then start again

2: Exercise (VERY IMPORTANT),esp for intps, just run round a park for 10 min every day if you can, it gives you a push of energy behind you for the rest of the day and releases good chemicals into your brain that make you feel better If you cant do it every day, thats fine, every 3 days, 4 whatever...its the habit that counts in the early stage....its been shown that even 10 min of exercise a day is really great for you...and the benifits last for 2 days! so you can do it one day, leave it 2...and do it again..whatever

3:To do lists

Mine atm is set out like so.......

Things i need do better with:

Seeing people and going out,keeping contact with people
    Job searching
    Money management
    Getting up early
    Health Care

Critical Now -

Opportunity Now zone - (pending within the next 1-2 weeks)

TNG with carol
    Sort XP, Computer
    backup
    remote sockets back

Over the Horizon list - Over 2 Weeks

Podcast

If any of these resonate with you in any way whilst reading it, give it a go...it will prob work for you

MBTI
    intp

but why the$%&**$##$%% why? i assume failure from the start, know that that failure will most likely not be recognized by others and that failure will have little real world consequence---so what exactly is at the root of my fear? is it really just my own disapproval? I already have that. how can failure at a given task make that worse. I really wish someone could unpack the emotional causes...

MBTI
    INTP

The truth is that I don't

A window to the soul

How to deal with procrastination/motivation issues? Jump-start motivation with exercise. It will improve your mood by decreasing stress hormones and increasing endorphins. (:

On a side note, I can't think of anything more motivating than hearing someone say "it's impossible, it can't be done."

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    How to deal with procrastination/motivation issues? Jump-start motivation with exercise. It will improve your mood by decreasing stress hormones and increasing endorphins. (:

On a side note, I can't think of anything more motivating than hearing someone say "it's impossible, it can't be done."
    these tech work for my entp friend
    not sure how many intps feel jazzed after exercise---maybe after aexercise---maybe good sci first flick???
    and we would prob just argue for or against the prob of something being accomplished, get bogged down in determining evaluation criteria or the inherent or applied value of the project and then wonder of. might work for an intj.....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

UGH. i hate topics like this.

SET GOALS. ACCOMPLISH THEM. IT'S THAT EASY.

when you accomplish your goals you gain a greater sense of self-worth. set baby goals if you have to. it's not that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post

when you accomplish your goals you gain a greater sense of self-worth. set baby goals if you have to. it's not that hard.
    hahahaha
    can I borrow your brain for a few days?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bcubchgo View Post

Typical J response. Set goals and accomplish them, sure, if your motivation is gained from completing them then it is easy. But not everyone gains a greater sense of self-worth (or even satisfaction) through accomplishing goals.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

perceivers want everything to be fun. well you know what? Hard work isn't fun! It takes blood sweat and tears sometimes. I wish everything was wine and roses but I wouldn't want to smell like a floral arrangement if I were drunk!!!! anyway. set goals. Do them. Set fun goals. Do them. Rinse and repeat...

Success!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive