User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    infj

Default ENTPs, how often do you cry, [if ever] and why?

Also, please state if you are a male or female.

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

You're a generally optimistic bunch of people, so please, do tell.
    Last edited by Spry; 08-12-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: because I'm an idiot.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Spry View Post

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are?

death didnt phase me as much as the turmoil it put my parents in. i let 2 tears leak for the benefit of the audience but other than that...guess i think of it as a natural and inevitable step of life

unrequited love didnt make me cry...it made me feel frustrated cuz i could see the potential of the relationship that she just couldn't

i am 'sensitive' in that i am able to comprehend people, intentions, and emotions readily. i usually end up with a very high score on those EQ quizzes...yeah, the one with 300 questions too; that one scored me at 135.
    my response to people usually never involves crying. if i were to cry, im pretty sure it would have to be when i am alone and it would be at and because of my own actions.

one unexplainable thing that clips my heart is homeless people asking for change...i got no clue why. more often that not, i end up saying no to them but i still feel it...still dont make me cry

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

You didn't say what was the least and most sensitive on that 10 scale.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

ThatGirl

I'm crying right now......

Because of this thread.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    You didn't say what was the least and most sensitive on that 10 scale.
    the word needs a context as in being able to comprehend sadness or responding to sadness.

MBTI
    infj

Default mean

[Thatgirl] You're my Dads personality type [ENTJ]. He's really cold and can't comprehend how people can see things differently to him but we have a laugh every now and then so it's all good. He's always orgazinizing, are you entjs obsessed with planners/orgainizing/getting things done/to do lists?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Most of the time it's because a piece of music really strikes me in the right way.

The last time I cried over anything else was probably some nasty argument with ESFJ mother years ago.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are?

Female

I cry sometimes when my hopes are completely dashed, especially because I can be so optimistic. If there's a still a chance, I can think "Just keep trying! Try something else!" But when reality completely erodes a possibility I've been struggling for ... tears.

Rejection can make me cry, but that depends on who is doing the rejecting.

I also cry over books and movies and music.

I don't feel sadness over global issues. I think about them. People have always hurt each other. Tyrants have always risen to power. And so on. It seems like a waste of an emotion to be sad about something that's always been true about humanity. My responsibility as one of many is to enjoy my life, help others when I'm able to help others, and not add to anyone's suffering without reason.

How sensitive am I? I'm not sure how to answer the question, because I don't know how sensitive other people are. How can I compare?

The people I know would not say I'm insensitive. They would say I can be detached. But I'm not always detached.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Female

1. I used to cry when I got angry. Thankfully I found better ways to deal with that. I cried in public once when my cat of 18 years died. I cry out of complete and total frustration over situations where I've exhausted every possible potential resolution. Rejection only makes me cry depending on how well the person knew me. Someone I just met, I wouldn't give a second though to. Being rejected by someone who has known me for years would hurt like hell.

2. Hmmmm good question. I need to think on this one, but off the top of my head I'd say both equally. But sadness/sorrow isn't really something I do for more than maybe 12 hours.

3. On your scale is 0 an android and 10 an exposed dental nerve? If so I'd place myself at around a 5. I only score myself that high because I at least know what situations people expect me to be sensitive about, so even if I'm not *feeling* I can at least appreciate that others might be and not make it worse for them by saying something that could be interpreted as callous or offensive.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

[Thatgirl] You're my Dads personality type [ENTJ]. He's really cold and can't comprehend how people can see things differently to him but we have a laugh every now and then so it's all good. He's always orgazinizing, are you entjs obsessed with planners/orgainizing/getting things done/to do lists?
    ThatGirl can't answer right now because she's very busy planning her response and organizing her thoughts and getting her post done so she can cross that off of her list of things to do.