User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I can't argue with that. Maybe I can cry and not have the thought of lacking control hold me back. Well, emotional control.

It is so hard not to be emotionally controlled though. A lot of times I do not feel the need for control, I just don't have the need to cry, but sometimes when I feel like it, I am reminded of why I shouldn't. Some cases, I would feel really dumb crying, such as over a guy who didn't care about me or what have you.
    You should just do what you feel. Not try to make yourself cry. The problem for ENTP's is that they have trouble accessing their feelings sometimes. A lot of this is a flight from bad feelings.

If someone you cared about hurt you by not caring, that would be a logical reason to feel hurt. And, if you feel hurt, there is no shame in crying. Crying is not shameful. It is just a physical acknowledgement of the hurt you feel. Even if you "controlled" your expression of feeling you would not control the feelings themselves and they would sit inside you like worms if you suppressed them, waiting to come out later.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

If I feel weepy, I snap out of it very quickly once I am aware of feeling that way. Because awareness means analysis. This is something I have no control over.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You should just do what you feel. Not try to make yourself cry. The problem for ENTP's is that they have trouble accessing their feelings sometimes. A lot of this is a flight from bad feelings.

If someone you cared about hurt you by not caring, that would be a logical reason to feel hurt. And, if you feel hurt, there is no shame in crying. Crying is not shameful. It is just a physical acknowledgement of the hurt you feel. Even if you "controlled" your expression of feeling you would not control the feelings themselves and they would sit inside you like worms if you suppressed them, waiting to come out later.
    It is nice to have this presented logically to me. I have found out by now I cannot make myself cry. It doesn't work.

But once I realize what is going on, and analyze it, I stop the need to cry. It isn't always intentional.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    If I feel weepy, I snap out of it very quickly once I am aware of feeling that way. Because awareness means analysis. This is something I have no control over.
    I do the same thing. So, I just try to slow my thinking and let things sit. I have found for myself that I leap to analysis because this is the mode I am most comfortable in. But, by sitting with my feelings and watching as they pass by and trying to feel them, it has been most helpful. Scary at first, but then calming.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Of course heavy drinking is always an option too. But then again after too much heavy drinking real vikings can have a weak moment aswell
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    It is nice to have this presented logically to me. I have found out by now I cannot make myself cry. It doesn't work.

But once I realize what is going on, and analyze it, I stop the need to cry. It isn't always intentional.
    I could be wrong, of course. But, I think bad feelings are just hidden. Not resolved. So, I think what happens is we suppress the bad feelings until they overwhelm our normal analyzing mode. This is why I think it is not uncommon for NT's to totally lose their shit when heavy emotional things go down. It may not be immediate, either. But, eventually things demand your attention and will bring you to your knees.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Of course heavy drinking is always an option too. But then again after too much heavy drinking real vikings can have a weak moment aswell
    Drinking is just another way to lose or weaken control.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yaya, I wont disturb your little thing here, go on
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I can't drink, so that is out of the question for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I could be wrong, of course. But, I think bad feelings are just hidden. Not resolved. So, I think what happens is we suppress the bad feelings until they overwhelm our normal analyzing mode. This is why I think it is not uncommon for NT's to totally lose their shit when heavy emotional things go down. It may not be immediate, either. But, eventually things demand your attention and will bring you to your knees.
    So, in short, it is what people call 'bottling up', even if it is completely unintentional.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I understand that logically, but I don't feel "bottled up". I just release tensions in a different way. Tennis, running, writing, whatever... I would like to be able to ride a feeling though. Next time I feel the urge, I'll try what you suggested Syn.