User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Spry View Post
    Also, please state if you are a male or female.

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

You're a generally optimistic bunch of people, so please, do tell.
    1) It takes extreme stress to make me cry. I've never cried because of happiness. Something along the lines of a meaningful death. Although even then, I may just clam up or ask seemingly cold questions about the circumstances. I don't handle emotions very well.

2) Sadness over personal issues, anger over global issues.

3) 2.

4) 1.5

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    what are you..new?

quite

MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes I cry if I see the kitten on TV for this PSA and they play "What becomes of the broken hearted".
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Female.

I don't cry very often. I cried when my favorite pet, a lizard, died. Before that, I hadn't cried for a very long time. I just get very detached and quiet when I am hurt, or I have the same happiness on the outside, but I think people feel the emptiness behind my eyes if in public. My INFJ friend was good at reading that.

I have come very close on a couple occasions to crying during orchestra practice, because the music was so amazing and moving.

After not having cried in so long, I actually asked some people I know to verbally tear me apart, and hurt my confidence and make me cry. It didn't work. I ended up laughing because I am fairly confident and recognize my flaws.

I am much more likely to cry over something personal. I am pretty sure I could not cry over global issues. I never feel sad over global issues. They will always be there and have always been there. Personal issues, it really depends. Someone who matters to me dying would do it. Very few people matter that much.

Comprehending sadness: 7. It depends on the reason. I understand it all pretty well, I just can't deal with it too well.

Responding to sadness: 2. I find difficulty responding.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yea, crieing is a gift. I believe in that
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I wish I could do it more. I don't want people I am close to falling dead all over the place in order for it to happen, or being a complete failure.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I wish I could do it more. I don't want people I am close to falling dead all over the place in order for it to happen, or being a complete failure.
    Just slow down, feel, breathe heavy, and let go. It is cleansing and relieves tension.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Just slow down, feel, breathe heavy, and let go. It is cleansing and relieves tension.
    I don't know what I would cry over. To have that much emotion over something. I want to cry, but then I don't. I will feel a loss of control if I cry. But then, if it were controlled crying, I suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

But then, I may only be telling myself it is controlled so as not to get annoyed at myself for crying.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I don't know what I would cry over. To have that much emotion over something. I want to cry, but then I don't. I will feel a loss of control if I cry. But then, if it were controlled crying, I suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

But then, I may only be telling myself it is controlled so as not to get annoyed at myself for crying.
    To fear losing control is to be out of control of this very need for control. Control is not something you possess. To desire or believe otherwise is to be blind to reality.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    To fear losing control is to be out of control of this very need for control. Control is not something you possess. To desire or believe otherwise is to be blind to reality.

I can't argue with that. Maybe I can cry and not have the thought of lacking control hold me back. Well, emotional control.

It is so hard not to be emotionally controlled though. A lot of times I do not feel the need for control, I just don't have the need to cry, but sometimes when I feel like it, I am reminded of why I shouldn't. Some cases, I would feel really dumb crying, such as over a guy who didn't care about me or what have you.