User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadowKnows View Post
    ...Aside from running after the car, I don''t think my heart rate even when up much.
    I relate to what you said, but especially that part. I just don't get it when people panic, and what makes me even madder is when, later on, I get accused of not caring about a situation or people in it, because unlike everyone else, I didn't run around crying and flapping my hands, but calmly dealt with it. People say "you could deal with it easier because you're cold, we more caring types were too upset by it at that point", which shows such an unbelievable lack of understanding of me at such a fundamental level that I can't even begin to be bothered to set them straight.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

ENTP female

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

Usually I cry because of frustration or anger.
    I rarely cry because of sadness or sorrow. Not that I don't have those feelings, but I tend to hide to my cave home, curl up in bed and stare the wall when feeling something like that.

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?
    I definitely wouldn't cry over global issues, then again, it doesn't mean I'm not deeply touched by some of them. It's just that there is no use crying or feeling sad about them...

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]
    8?

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]
    By 'responding' do you mean how I adequately I would behave when someone else is sad?
    3 max, perhaps. I feel really awkward in that kind of situations. I recognize the feelings very well, I just don't know what to do.

I used to rationalize or offer advice, then I learned this was not what people needed. Nowadays I tend to stand there, pat the other one on the shoulder and get myself out of that situation ASAP.

... The thing is *I* would like someone to rationalize things for me when *I* am sad... That's why I used to offer that... But, yea, all the people are not NT-s...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The last time I cried was when a kitten died on the street... I stopped and looked if it was still alive but no, I got it head on :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    I definitely wouldn't cry over global issues, then again, it doesn't mean I'm not deeply touched by some of them. It's just that there is no use crying or feeling sad about them...
    Herein is contained the key to understanding the T temperament, which F's would do well to heed! See what's happening here? It's MBTI theory in action. The subject is using Thinking judgement in order to inform their thoughts and actions. She doesn't think it serves any purpose to cry over these things, therefore she doesn't. A Feeler might also agree that crying over these things doesn't solve them, but the Feeler feels like crying, and so, using Feeling judgement, they do,

This fundamental difference explains pretty much all of the misunderstandings I see between the two, and particularly I think it demonstrates the unfairness of the repeated accusations levelled at T's by F's, of being "cold" and "unfeeling" and "uncaring", for behaviour that's simply the above principle playing out: the subject cares, the subject is sad, but the subject doesn't Think crying would do any good, and as what they Think is what informs their choices, as opposed to what they Feel, the subject does not cry.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzph5aVsa-0"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Never. Except for the time I smashed my toe against an iron board, I had tears in my eyes a bit, and the time I was yawning every 2 seconds.

Over the years I became very apathetic I don't know why. There are times I want to cry, because well... I feel like I forgot what intense feeling feels like. So I go off to watch a really good movie, then I cry. I love the feeling of how tears warm your heart though.

1. Someone very important to me dieing, (2 people in the world), would make me cry. Rest nope. I move on, no time for that shit.

2. Personal, don't care much about global issue.

7 out of 10. I can tell pretty well how others feel.

4 out of 10. I can do emotional support to certain extend, but if the person in question is displaying really powerful emotions, then my attempts are pretty much futile.

But this case is really rare as there aren't that many people that I genuinely care about. In my head i'm just thinking, "Not this shit again." and just pretend to do what they want me to do and put on a face that shows "I care" when I really don't.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Spry View Post
    Also, please state if you are a male or female.

1. I'm trying to figure out how much it would take for you all to be reduced to tears. Unrequited love? A death?

2. Would you say you feel more sadness/sorrow over personal or global issues?

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in comprehending sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sensitive would you say you are in responding to sadness? [10 being the most sensitive]

You're a generally optimistic bunch of people, so please, do tell.
    1.) A death of someone close to me would definitely make me very upset. I guess I would also cry if I broke a bone or something.. besides that, not really. I've been the victim of unrequited love more than once- so maybe I'm just getting used to that..

2.) Probably personal over global.

3.) 7 out of 10.

4.) 9 out of 10.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    3.) 7 out of 10.

4.) 9 out of 10.

there you are! please do expand

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Herein is contained the key to understanding the T temperament, which F's would do well to heed! See what's happening here? It's MBTI theory in action. The subject is using Thinking judgement in order to inform their thoughts and actions. She doesn't think it serves any purpose to cry over these things, therefore she doesn't. A Feeler might also agree that crying over these things doesn't solve them, but the Feeler feels like crying, and so, using Feeling judgement, they do,
    I feel like a lab-rat now...

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    I feel like a lab-rat now...
    what are you..new?