User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    abcd

Default INTJ - Ni problem?

INTJ have deep imagination and insight (Ni) and use Te to put their visions into reality.
    But what if they have continuously TONS of different visions? Could they have issues in which vision "trust" and finally use Te to accomplish it?
    So, is it possible, especially under stress, being blocked in Ni and procrastinate because of doubt about which goal achieve?
    Any thought or experience?
    Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    INTJ have deep imagination and insight (Ni) and use Te to put their visions into reality.
    But what if they have continuously TONS of different visions? Could they have issues in which vision "trust" and finally use Te to accomplish it?
    So, is it possible, especially under stress, being blocked in Ni and procrastinate because of doubt about which goal achieve?
    Thanks.
    I myself have a particularly strong affinity to Ni. I've often had periods of time in which I was constantly bombarded with intuitive "visions." This usually made me lose focus to the extent of having to write down all of my ideas since I would usually forget them before I could apply them due to the sheer volume of traffic in my head.

In the last year or so, I've begun to meditate (though I wish it were more seriously) and attempt to develop more focus and mental discipline. It has helped.

So. To answer your question, I would say yes, it is very possible. Without a certain amount of mental discipline, I would say it is very probable that an INTJ will have bouts of Ni "ADD," if you will.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

In my own personal experience, yes, an INTJ can have many many intuitive visions. :P Yes, there can be issues.

Yes, it is possible, under stress to do such things, such as procrastinating.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think I've always had a very clear definitive definition of what I "do", (which is art, in a myriad of forms) so then I've always considered that one, huge overarching decision to be the last word in terms of my DECISIVE Ni, i.e. "this is how I decide to see the world". Within that, there are a pleothora of little visions that come by the hundreds of thousands, and I feel represent the channeling of that sometimes limitless energy of Ni. If I hadn't established that initial "decision of communication" (btw for INTJs I believe that term best describes the eventual understanding of our secondary superpower, Te), I would have so many different things I'd want to do that I'd never get anything done. It was only by establishing the context of how I could interpret Ni visions that I was able to have so many of them so rapidly while still keeping them under control. I often use a symbolic example of the scene from The Neverending Story (Part II) where the protagonist gets a talisman or something or other that causes him to be able to grant any wish he can think of....one wish...at the cost of one memory. I've often found that Ni can do that if you don't reign it in with Te, and figure out some larger external world focus...you'll have dreams galore, but you'll lose so much touch with reality that it becomes like a frightening beast to you.

So OP, do you tend to have more problems with a plethora of visions in one style of expression? Or a plethora of STYLES of that vision's expression? I'd be interested to hear your experiences too!

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Barbarosa View Post
    So OP, do you tend to have more problems with a plethora of visions in one style of expression? Or a plethora of STYLES of that vision's expression? I'd be interested to hear your experiences too!
    I don't know if I have understood correctly what you mean, but I was talking about my visions of long-term goals. I can imagine multiple scenarios for me when I think about the future and what I would like to be in the next years.
    So it's difficult for me to make a decision and follow step-by-step something (for example an university major) if I am not sure if that thing will be right and useful for me in my life and career.

P.s.: very good nickname and avatar, Hendo!

MBTI
    nnnn

I don't know if I have understood correctly what you mean, but I was talking about my visions of long-term goals. I can imagine multiple scenarios for me when I think about the future and what I would like to be in the next years.
    So it's difficult for me to make a decision and follow step-by-step something (for example an university major) if I am not sure if that thing will be right and useful for me in my life and career.

If they are so close together that you cannot decide between them, it most likely doesn't really matter what you pick. Pick and make the best out of what you get, which being an INTJ will naturally tend towards exceptional. In major decisions I have somehow almost always "gone with the flow".

There's a lot of freedom in not having only one vision that must be reached no matter what, on the other hand it also takes balls to commit to something fully (in the face of the possibility of failure). I tend towards the first and shy away from the latter.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

well then, let's just imagine that for my part of it, visions=ideas. You have multiple visions of how you want to execute IDEAS that you have. That's understandable, but on that level I personally can't relate. I've known what I've wanted to do with my life since I was like....6. I just have had a really hard time figuring out how to make it work with the real world (i.e. use it to make money, express myself in an extroverted context, etc.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I suppose I could relate one thing on those grounds, I used to make tons of electronic music, and I felt that it was just as viable a form of Te expression (due to the nature of it, I still don't have any actual musical training, it's more like...sound manipulation I guess) and yet because I had always had certain engrained things from a young age that I had wanted to accomplish VISUALLY, no matter how much that other "vision" of mine was taking shape, it always felt like it was sapping time away from the skills I knew I had cultivated and trained for destiny.

a meager product

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

yes and yes.

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Barbarosa View Post
    well then, let's just imagine that for my part of it, visions=ideas. You have multiple visions of how you want to execute IDEAS that you have. That's understandable, but on that level I personally can't relate. I've known what I've wanted to do with my life since I was like....6. I just have had a really hard time figuring out how to make it work with the real world (i.e. use it to make money, express myself in an extroverted context, etc.)

No, for me it's different. In some sort the opposite than you.

I give you an example:

I have multiple vision about my future. I would like to achieve X or Y or Z and they are very different. My problem is in being determined to choose one of that without changing my mind with another vision, so I can start seriously the Te strategy to achieve it.
    But my problem is choose definitively between X Y or Z as long-term goal, not how to make it real in the world. Te come pretty easy to me. I know how I could make real X or Y or Z. The problem is that I am "blocked" in Ni, as I said.
    Bye. And thanks to all.