User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Thread: Stupid NTs

MBTI
    INFJ

How about screwing up marriage with a decent woman because he (NT physicist) hits midlife and thinks he's met his dream woman? He tells wife he wants to explore the new relationship. She says sure, go ahead and move out. A month later, things haven't worked out with new gf, he wants to move back in. Wife waits to hear words to the effect of "I made a big mistake." She hears no such words. Divorce is pending.

That is intelligent?
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That just highlights the subjectivity of the term (stupid) as most sensors will tell you that that theory without application is stupid. A sensor could easily point to the sensotard thread as a sign of stupidity, but we are more forgiving than that.

1. Note it doesn't define what isn't being learnt or understood. If an intuitive cannot understand or learn the importance of details, or learn how to interact with the environment physically then they're stupid by definition.
    2. See sensotard thread (oops not so forgiving afterall )
    3. Sensors and intuitives tend to care about different things so they might both look careless to each other
    4. Intuitives can be like this when overloaded with sensory detail
    5. The worth of something is subjective, Sensors and Intuitives place value on different things, so they will see each other as "pointless".

Also there is a reason that the test isn't depended on it's own and usually what is considered to be someone's "true" type is found through self-analysis. So a stupid NT may not test as NT but could very much fit the "whole" type.
    We are basically talking about intelligence in this thread, not senso-capability. And an intelligent person can a complete sensotard. But sure, smart/stupid can sometimes refer to sensotardation... but it's usually referring to mentaltardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    How about screwing up marriage with a decent woman because he (NT physicist) hits midlife and thinks he's met his dream woman? He tells wife he wants to explore the new relationship. She says sure, go ahead and move out. A month later, things haven't worked out with new gf, he wants to move back in. Wife waits to hear words to the effect of "I made a big mistake." She hears no such words. Divorce is pending.

That is intelligent?
    Neither party displayed intelligence.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    We are basically talking about intelligence in this thread, not senso-capability. And an intelligent person can a complete sensotard. But sure, smart/stupid can sometimes refer to sensotardation... but it's usually referring to mentaltardation.
    Well the OP used the word "stupid", and by the dictionary definition of the word it is perfectly possible for NTs to fit that description. If you want me to use your own definition of stupid I can but then you need to realise that it's probably going to have a bias towards your perspective for no good reason.

The opposite of sensing (in the mbti sense) isn't "mental". All of the processes are mental processes. Perhaps what you mean to say is intuitives are usually good at using the mental processes that you favour yourself?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Wow, this thread is still going?

"Stupid" and NT is not an oxymoron folks ... stupid is as stupid does, and no one has claim on being the best / smartest at everything!

I love ya all anyways ... so I shall just send a nice big !

It's the stupidest thread I've ever seen in this forum.
    And in some ways the funniest, since it is so stupid.

ThatGirl

Jager ....you're [ ... ] . Seriously.

Everyone else: My personal understanding is that there are no stupid people, only stupid acts. Which you could have seen demonstrated in the OP, as well as the fact that at no point did I try to base my premise in relation to other personality types. For instance I never said that NTs were smarter than other types. This is a bias that you came up with, and is also the bias I was attempting to bring attention to.

Now without comparing NT intelligence to those of other types, I would still conclude that NT mentality or temperment is going to lead to at least some specialized knowledge in some area. The point of the OP was to show that NTs shouldn't attempt to be more politically correct in reference to their knowledge as any other type. After all this is the assumption of the public, not the NT.
    Last edited by Night; 08-18-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Edited for content

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

NTs should feel free to be proud and open about whatever abilities they have as individuals, it's not politically incorrect to do so.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Stupid NTs? Ok, so there must be no evil NFs, or no cautious SPs, and no wreckless SJs.

Don't think that all NTs are at the top of the intellectual food chain. You're going out on a limb making a ludicrous presumption.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

ThatGirl

Again, at no point did I attempt to make this assumption.