User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Stupid NTs

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

NTs specialize in rational thought systems. I consider some seemingly logical conclusions to be absurd and stupid when applied to situations. Rationale needs to be tempered with wisdom and thoughtfulness.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Point 1: Everyone has their own brand of intelligence, yes. NTs should be able to acknowledge theirs without offending everyone else or making them feel inferior. Go ahead say it.

Admit it!

NTs are smart.....and it's okay.
    Well, I see where you are going with this but can you go ahead and say that no ST/SF/NF is smarter than any NT out there? And if not why? Therein lies your answer probably.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    NTs specialize in rational thought systems. I consider some seemingly logical conclusions to be absurd and stupid when applied to situations. Rationale needs to be tempered with wisdom and thoughtfulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well, I see where you are going with this but can you go ahead and say that no ST/SF/NF is smarter than any NT out there? And if not why? Therein lies your answer probably.

This is all very true. But here we go with the NT stigmas and mindful equality again. Of course there are other types that can be more intellectual than an NT, but that does not make the NT less intelligent.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Point 1: Everyone has their own brand of intelligence, yes. NTs should be able to acknowledge theirs without offending everyone else or making them feel inferior. Go ahead say it.

Admit it!

NTs are smart.....and it's okay.

They have worked hard at it, are probably naturally inclined, and are driven by intellectual pursuits. This is part of there personality. They pride themselves on their intellectual achievements. How can you deny NT intelligence?

Haters.
    One burst blood vessel or fierce blow to the head can change a lifetime of effort and accomplishment in building knowledge. Doesn't change the person's preference for being NT though.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

So according to the NT's own definition of stupidity, NT's can't be stupid, what a surprise!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I've met NTs who can barely dress themselves, don't know how to do laundry or cook for themselves, can't put together an intelligent argument, etc. I think that's stupid, by mainstream standards and my own. In my opinion brilliance or proficiency in one area doesn't exclude someone from being incapable in other areas. It's just a different kind of stupid.
    If they can not perform any of these tasks then what are they proficient in? I'd almost suggest they these NTs you know have some sort of classifiable disorder and their inability to conform to the norm isn't really stupidity.

Edit: Although I do understand your point but, I don't believe deficiency in say your social skill set or your ability to care for your physical self properly to be a a result of stupidity. Being an NT I suppose I'd define stupidity to be the lack of ability to reason or apply logic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Stupidity is abundant in all types. Wheather its a less than perfect memory or the inablity to process information as fast as everyone else. Also theres also NTs who only see their point of view and refuse to see anyone else. These are people who don't see the big picture, because the only picture they see is from their angle.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not playing out any strategy. I decided to try help one more time. I thought it's important so what the heck.

Also, when dealing with angry people repeat their words back to them one time after acknowledging their concerns.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    If they can not perform any of these tasks then what are they proficient in? I'd almost suggest they these NTs you know have some sort of classifiable disorder and their inability to conform to the norm isn't really stupidity.

Edit: Although I do understand your point but, I don't believe deficiency in say your social skill set or your ability to care for your physical self properly to be a a result of stupidity. Being an NT I suppose I'd define stupidity to be the lack of ability to reason or apply logic.
    But a person's disorders or organic problems have nothing to do with their preference for percieving and making judgments. ThatGirl's argument is that anyone who has Thinking as a judging preference and N as a perceiving preference cannot ever be stupid (unable to apply reason it what I assume she means) except by choice. Her thesis actually disproves itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Define stupid.

Functional perspective:

Te: not having a clear line of thought
    Ti: not being accurate
    Fe: not considering the group
    Fi: not knowing what really matters
    Ne: not seeing the forest
    Se: not seeing the trees
    Ni: not considering implications
    Si: not considering what is already known
    No wonder FPs like saving the forests/trees .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.