User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 235

Thread: Stupid NTs

  1. #11
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    NTs specialize in rational thought systems. I consider some seemingly logical conclusions to be absurd and stupid when applied to situations. Rationale needs to be tempered with wisdom and thoughtfulness.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  2. #12
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Point 1: Everyone has their own brand of intelligence, yes. NTs should be able to acknowledge theirs without offending everyone else or making them feel inferior. Go ahead say it.

    Admit it!



    NTs are smart.....and it's okay.
    Well, I see where you are going with this but can you go ahead and say that no ST/SF/NF is smarter than any NT out there? And if not why? Therein lies your answer probably.

  3. #13
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    NTs specialize in rational thought systems. I consider some seemingly logical conclusions to be absurd and stupid when applied to situations. Rationale needs to be tempered with wisdom and thoughtfulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well, I see where you are going with this but can you go ahead and say that no ST/SF/NF is smarter than any NT out there? And if not why? Therein lies your answer probably.

    This is all very true. But here we go with the NT stigmas and mindful equality again. Of course there are other types that can be more intellectual than an NT, but that does not make the NT less intelligent.

  4. #14
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Point 1: Everyone has their own brand of intelligence, yes. NTs should be able to acknowledge theirs without offending everyone else or making them feel inferior. Go ahead say it.

    Admit it!



    NTs are smart.....and it's okay.


    They have worked hard at it, are probably naturally inclined, and are driven by intellectual pursuits. This is part of there personality. They pride themselves on their intellectual achievements. How can you deny NT intelligence?

    Haters.
    One burst blood vessel or fierce blow to the head can change a lifetime of effort and accomplishment in building knowledge. Doesn't change the person's preference for being NT though.

  5. #15
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    So according to the NT's own definition of stupidity, NT's can't be stupid, what a surprise!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I've met NTs who can barely dress themselves, don't know how to do laundry or cook for themselves, can't put together an intelligent argument, etc. I think that's stupid, by mainstream standards and my own. In my opinion brilliance or proficiency in one area doesn't exclude someone from being incapable in other areas. It's just a different kind of stupid.
    If they can not perform any of these tasks then what are they proficient in? I'd almost suggest they these NTs you know have some sort of classifiable disorder and their inability to conform to the norm isn't really stupidity.

    Edit: Although I do understand your point but, I don't believe deficiency in say your social skill set or your ability to care for your physical self properly to be a a result of stupidity. Being an NT I suppose I'd define stupidity to be the lack of ability to reason or apply logic.

  7. #17
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Stupidity is abundant in all types. Wheather its a less than perfect memory or the inablity to process information as fast as everyone else. Also theres also NTs who only see their point of view and refuse to see anyone else. These are people who don't see the big picture, because the only picture they see is from their angle.

  8. #18
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    I'm not playing out any strategy. I decided to try help one more time. I thought it's important so what the heck.

    Also, when dealing with angry people repeat their words back to them one time after acknowledging their concerns.

  9. #19
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    If they can not perform any of these tasks then what are they proficient in? I'd almost suggest they these NTs you know have some sort of classifiable disorder and their inability to conform to the norm isn't really stupidity.

    Edit: Although I do understand your point but, I don't believe deficiency in say your social skill set or your ability to care for your physical self properly to be a a result of stupidity. Being an NT I suppose I'd define stupidity to be the lack of ability to reason or apply logic.
    But a person's disorders or organic problems have nothing to do with their preference for percieving and making judgments. ThatGirl's argument is that anyone who has Thinking as a judging preference and N as a perceiving preference cannot ever be stupid (unable to apply reason it what I assume she means) except by choice. Her thesis actually disproves itself.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Define stupid.

    Functional perspective:

    Te: not having a clear line of thought
    Ti: not being accurate
    Fe: not considering the group
    Fi: not knowing what really matters
    Ne: not seeing the forest
    Se: not seeing the trees
    Ni: not considering implications
    Si: not considering what is already known
    No wonder FPs like saving the forests/trees .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Are there any NT/NFs you would consider "stupid?"
    By Scorquendo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
  2. [NT] How can an NT be stupid?
    By goodgrief in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 03:59 AM
  3. [NT] Do NTs ask stupid questions?
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO