User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 30

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default Best INTJ description?

    I know a lot of people think socionics is crap, but from my experience, this is probably the best description of a mature INTJ (WARNING: This is very long and a bad translation job) : Stratievskaya LII


    Do you, INTJ, identify with this description?

    Non-INTJ comments welcome...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    That link you gave sounds INTP to me.
    First two functions looked like Ti-Ne.

  3. #3
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Socionics is NOT MBTI.

    Socionics INTj is Ti Ne. And their definitions are totally different. Most INTJs are ILI in socionics, but there are LII ones as well.

    As for best INTJ description, this is the one I would go with. This site has the best profiles I've seen, they are made entirely from interviews.

    INTJ
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    ^^ Well I know Socionics functions are different than MBTI.
    (With the Introverts from what I can tell.)

    LIE has the same functions as ENTJ, correct?

    That's why I was wondering why the OP was asking MBTI INTJs if it sounded like them.

    I don't know Socionics worth a shit, frankly.
    I haven't studied it.
    That's what I have you for.

  5. #5
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Yeah, I don't know about Socionics descriptions, but like BlackCat said, most INTJs are not Socionics INTJ. Even the ILI (MBTI INTJ) description has some things in it that don't quite work for me.

    I favor the Typelogic descriptions: INTJ Profile
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  6. #6
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    ^^ Well I know Socionics functions are different than MBTI.
    (With the Introverts from what I can tell.)

    LIE has the same functions as ENTJ, correct?

    That's why I was wondering why the OP was asking MBTI INTJs if it sounded like them.

    I don't know Socionics worth a shit, frankly.
    I haven't studied it.
    That's what I have you for.
    Yeah, for introverts it's different. Because J (or rationality, which is totally different from judging) on a type means you are lead by a T or F function, which is why my type ISFj is lead by Fi. An ISFp (P, or irrationality which is different from perceiving) is lead by Si, because irrationals are lead by a perceiving function. That's generally why you swap, but it's just not that good.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Socionics is NOT MBTI.

    Socionics INTj is Ti Ne. And their definitions are totally different. Most INTJs are ILI in socionics, but there are LII ones as well.

    As for best INTJ description, this is the one I would go with. This site has the best profiles I've seen, they are made entirely from interviews.

    INTJ
    Ok... Best MBTI INTJ description.

    I know that MBTI and Socionics are different systems, and I'm not claiming that MBTI INTJ = Socionics INTJ.

    BUT, if you ignore the (socionics) context(?) of the text in that link, a huge portion of it accurately describes the decision process, motivations and value systems of a mature MBTI INTJ.

    (I'm really hoping that people who have friends or parents who they consider as being healthy, mature MBTI INTJs will agree with me.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That link you gave sounds INTP to me.
    First two functions looked like Ti-Ne.
    Ignore the socionics context, ignore socionics function sub-headings, read the text (when you have time), think of a mature, healthy MBTI INTJ... and if you still don't agree with me, tell where I'm going wrong.

  8. #8
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    I think that description sounds in a very general way similar to the description of a mature INTJ (I think my father is one of those), but I don't think it sounds that much more like him than the ILI description. Many of the elements described relate to both INTx types, and in fact there are probably many INTJs who relate to the LII description better than others, regardless of maturity.

    But it is possible that I'm just missing something because the translation is so poor in parts as to completely lose me.

    What is your definition of the qualities that a mature INTJ possesses?
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yeah, I don't know about Socionics descriptions, but like BlackCat said, most INTJs are not Socionics INTJ. Even the ILI (MBTI INTJ) description has some things in it that don't quite work for me.

    I favor the Typelogic descriptions: INTJ Profile
    I also don't know know much about Socionics and their type descriptions, but this is not about MBTI vs. Socionics. It's about that particular piece of text (portions of which may or may not be in agreement with other Socionics LII type descriptions).

    Add the ''... may appear to be aloof, cold...'' part to complete the description if you have to. But if you haven't already read it, put aside any issues with Socionics (I have some problems with Socionics too), read the text, and tell me what you think.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by User99 View Post

    Ignore the socionics context, ignore socionics function sub-headings, read the text (when you have time), think of a mature, healthy MBTI INTJ... and if you still don't agree with me, tell where I'm going wrong.
    Truthfully, I thought that description was horrible for any type.
    It has nothing to do with "healthy" or unhealthy INTJ.
    It has nothing to do with you "going wrong," either.
    There are plenty of INTJ profiles out there.
    Why are you trying to fit a square peg into a round hole?

    Edit: I agree with Poppy. The whole translation makes it a mess to read.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Best INFJ Description
    By Crescent Fresh in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 06:12 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Description
    By Doctorjuice in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 11:48 PM
  3. Best Type Description Ever?
    By Savage Idealist in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 08:40 AM
  4. [INTJ] Best way to approach "feeeeelings" talks with INTJs
    By Eileen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 04:16 AM
  5. Best mbti descriptions I've found
    By meanlittlechimp in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO