• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTPs... do people think you are high?

NTP's, do people often think you are high?

• Total voters

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have always run into this predicament. The administrative assistant I work with hates me and has been pushing for a drug test... that didn't really surprise me... but I've learned that several other coworkers have asked the only person i talk to if i'm frequently high. A similar case occurred in high school when I was invited to the counselor's office to discuss why three of my teachers thought i was coming to class after taking a few hits (supposedly). students used to offer to buy pot off of me... apparently my demeanor/appearance was that convincing. i've never touched drugs.

can anyone else relate?

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I can't say this has ever happened to me. But probably because when I looked "spaced out" I had my face behind a book or staring at a computer screen. I have to say, that's quite odd.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
INXPs do sometimes give off kind of a spacey vibe...I could see people occasionally thinking that, if they've never actually seen someone high.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Never happened to me. Maybe it is the way you talk, I've been around people who just have a tone of voice that sounds like they are high.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
people say my eyes change... and then i seem to not know what is going on around me. maybe i'm just losing it.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
people say my eyes change... and then i seem to not know what is going on around me. maybe i'm just losing it.

Are you thinking or stinking?

Teachers used to ask me that in grade school because I was aloof. Was never accused of being high. It's probably just your demeanor like you said. Challenge the administrative assistant to hand-to-hand combat.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope, usually not even when i am high.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
lol, yeah, but not to the extent you described. whats the type of the admin asst. you work with? an esfj "friend" of mine used to be convinced that i was high sometimes and give me a really dirty, disgusted, i-dont-understand-you-so-im-going-to-destroy-you look.
if i went and hung out with a bunch of druggies id imagine theyd peg me as someone who either got high or used to (which im not!). i think i do give of the stoner imgage a bit, just not many people found that title to pin to it.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
:rofl1: here I thought I was the only one!

I was sent to the counselor in 7th grade, and my lock was cut off several times that year because I was suspected of doing drugs. They called my parents and everything, so I had to go through the parent interrogation thing too. I was high on Ne though, which leaves no trace. :D

I'm sure my high school teachers probably suspected it too.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Living in California, I must say I'm surprised. I dunno what it's like for real, but over this side of the Atlantic it's famous for being one of the parts of the USA where people are rather liberal and not so easily freaked out by difference and not so insistent on conformity.

Yeah, I now and again get people saying I'm weird and the word "eccentric" has been applied to me many times, but I've never knowingly been thought to actually be taking drugs - even when years ago, I was. Maybe the UK's just more hospitable to eccentricity. *shrug*

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sometimes my thought processes make people think I am high. The ideas and theories that some only conceive when blazed out of their minds I manage to produce while completely sober. That and the fact that my train of thought seems to jump all over the place doesn't help my case.

Serves me right for trying to include others in my thought processes.

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
People have asked me if I'm high a few times, but it never became a problem.
They were more like casual questions.

As some people above mentioned, it might have more to do with your demeanor.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
lol, yeah, but not to the extent you described. whats the type of the admin asst. you work with? an esfj "friend" of mine used to be convinced that i was high sometimes and give me a really dirty, disgusted, i-dont-understand-you-so-im-going-to-destroy-you look.
if i went and hung out with a bunch of druggies id imagine theyd peg me as someone who either got high or used to (which im not!). i think i do give of the stoner imgage a bit, just not many people found that title to pin to it.

i can't tell... "psycho bitch" fits. IXXP

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I used to get searched in high school all the time. People always think I'm on something. Meh.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I used to get searched in high school all the time. People always think I'm on something. Meh.

it really makes it almost impossible to ever try anything because if you're forced to take a test.... screwed.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Nope, never. But I tend to give off a more focused vibe than some other INTPs. I have known a few spacey ones. I can be ditzy, but never come off high. Sometimes I act drunk when people around me are drunk (not on purpose).

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All the time. They are surprised to learn I have never done drugs. Ironically, I just put down in the survey thingy that people in high school viewed me as on drugs ahhahaha

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
LOL.

My INFP sister is like this too.

INxPs are really out there in their heads sometimes. Gone from the moment, out to lunch, whatever you want to call it.

Makes sense.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is her personality type?