User Tag List

View Poll Results: NTP's, do people often think you are high?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 60.29%
  • No

17 25.00%
  • Yes, but I've been addicted to crack since I was 5

10 14.71%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I get it on the odd occasion, but it's mostly when I'm fatigued. Most people just say that I'm a little bit tangential/random. swordfish. A cop pulled me over at some point, and after talking to him for a while, he noticed my complete lack of sequential thought and asked if I'd been smoking the crack, but it's just their job to ask that, right? I'd say it's pretty cliche to ask people if they're on the hooch now ~actually, maybe I've heard it said more than I recall...

We never had searches at high school, the students were too stupid to hide it, so the teachers just walk around the yard a bit. According to a recent rumor, the janitor/grounds keeper joins the kids every now and then anyway. Nothing suspicious. Not at all.
    5 3 9

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Ever since middle school, people and even some teachers would accuse me of being high. They kept doing it in high school, but by that time, they were right. Deep Ti analysis and zoning out can make one appear high, and so can making odd Ne connections and theories. So I can see how xNTPs get accused of this.

Most people only disregard their present realities and surrounding environment when in some kind of altered emotional state, like while in a rage, while depressed, while manic etc.... or, while they're high.

So if a person appears to be calm and not in distress, yet is still in their own world, they're high.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Ever since middle school, people and even some teachers would accuse me of being high. They kept doing it in high school, but by that time, they were right. Deep Ti analysis and zoning out can make one appear high, and so can making odd Ne connections and theories. So I can see how xNTPs get accused of this.

Most people only disregard their present realities and surrounding environment when in some kind of altered emotional state, like while in a rage, while depressed, while manic etc.... or, while they're high.

So if a person appears to be calm and not in distress, yet is still in their own world, they're high.
    Said it better than I could've... even the personal experience bit.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Been asked loads of times whats wrong with me but only once or twice if It was drugs specifically.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i'm an NFP but i have had this problem too.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I used to stare straight at the wall all day in school. I got good grades but it was just my way of listening. I'd zone out and look at the wall in order to keep my attention. Apparently this was just the thing that makes you look like you're high as hell.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I used to stare straight at the wall all day in school. I got good grades but it was just my way of listening. I'd zone out and look at the wall in order to keep my attention. Apparently this was just the thing that makes you look like you're high as hell.
    I'm REALLY good at faking like I'm paying attention, probably due to the fact that I tend to interject sporadically, but I completely zone out some times when people are talking to me.

When I used to have my long hair, people I didn't even know called me "the biggest pothead ever," and I've never even smoked, eheh. I tend to have a pretty neutral expression on my face most of the time, so I guess people could misconstrue that for being high, but I don't think I've ever really been "called out" on being high. I've had a couple people ask me, but I think that's when I was tired. (When I'm fatigued, I can feel my eyes get bloodshot, so it would definitely look like I'm high.)

I had a friend at school that almost always looked like he was high. Then again, scraggly beards, bloodshot eyes, and prolonged staring in the distance never helped his case.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Lasting_Pain

My odd behavior led people to think I was using drugs. Never really bothered me, until I became the poster child for the Dare Program.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Nope, never. But I tend to give off a more focused vibe than some other INTPs. I have known a few spacey ones. I can be ditzyseem spaced out-ish, but never come off high. Sometimes I act drunk when (can be in sync with) people around me are drunk (not on purpose).
    This + pre knowing about MBTI/Cognitive functions I had been, repeatedly many times out of the blue, asked if I was 'always thinking' which sounded weird to me but courtesy/politeness had me reply such that that moment could pass without being a memorable one.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I have never done drugs in my entire life, but people are always assuming I do, not to mention my boss always says to "be safe" over the weekend.
    Lol ill probably be playing Spore all weekend.
    Its probably because I'm known for being into celtic punk and they associate it with drinking. Not to mention the things I say that people normally dont, I surpase what I like to call the "ritual" of idle chatter. "Whats up?" "Not Much, you?" "Nm just chilling"
    Damn that stuff to hell.
    I actually introduced myself as "Yeah, I wouldnt call me socially akward, but I say things I probably shouldnt" Then went on to insult the stupid customers i had delt with, and talk about how I hated talking to people at work...at work.
    Great way to make a first impression haha.
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."