User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I hate the way they have to be chopped up to fit into cans properly. Sawing bones is a real pain in the ass.
    I always found that converting their bodies into biofuel was more efficient. Use the energy from the previous bodies to power the saw. It makes things quite easier.

The ashes also make great fertilizer for the plants you may want to use to cover the burial site, should you ever decide to bury some remains.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    I agree, my hatred for ignorant people is born out of being frustrated that they cannot see.
    But I don't get mad at my dog for being a dog, does that mean I shouldn't get mad at stupid people? Or am I now some d-bag for thinking they are less than me and not responsible for what they do...because they are dumb.

Lol I'm not sure.
    Yeah, to clarify I don't hate non-rationals. I do get frustrated though sometimes, because I don't want to be that douchebag you mentioned. But I've realized it's no crime to just let it go when they clearly can't think/refuse to think in the same terms.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yeah, to clarify I don't hate non-rationals. I do get frustrated though sometimes, because I don't want to be that douchebag you mentioned. But I've realized it's no crime to just let it go when they clearly can't think/refuse to think in the same terms.
    See, I don't have a problem with people believing in things I think are stupid.

But if half of america voted to spend billions of dollars to fight ghosts and exorcise people...id have a problem.

Alot like how religious fanatics are trying to pass laws that have no place being there, supported by the sheep of thier shepardom.
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It's about knowing what you can and cannot control.
    You can control your life and thoughts, you cannot reasonnably hope to apply that discipline to other people, as they are themselves in control of their own thoughts and lives.

So one might as well let go of the frustrations over things he or she cannot change and make him or herself a better, more satisfying person by his or her own standards.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    See, I don't have a problem with people believing in things I think are stupid.

But if half of america voted to spend billions of dollars to fight ghosts and exorcise people...id have a problem.

Alot like how religious fanatics are trying to pass laws that have no place being there, supported by the sheep of thier shepardom.
    I've come to realize that the really important battles are never really won using reason/logic. And just because you are right it doesn't mean you'll convince people. I guess that's why so many politicians were energetic idealistic kids with dreams of fairness utopia, and then become corrupted by the system when they realize they need to play the game to actually make some changes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I've come to realize that the really important battles are never really won using reason/logic.
    Wrong, emotionaly appeal is a reasonnable and logical argument to us in order to convince.
    You don't win a war with words, you win a war with words and weapons, tactics and strategies on the military and social level.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Wrong, emotionaly appeal is a reasonnable and logical argument to us in order to convince.
    I was saying they are won using emotional appeal. And I was making a distinction between appealing to emotion and to reason/logic .

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    You don't win a war with words, you win a war with words and weapons, tactics and strategies on the military and social level.
    But you need an emotional drive to motivate yourself in implementing the war strategies, coaxing morale in the ranks, etc.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Because if I allowed myself to get as wound up as you are about other people and how they think, I'd be acting just as irrational and stupid as they are. Autopilot + smile and nod + walk away + ignore = happy me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    But you need an emotional drive to motivate yourself in implementing the war strategies, coaxing morale in the ranks, etc.
    Seems like you confused moods/freudian drives and emotions.

... In theory.