Default ESFJ/INTP

sounds like a mess to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I think as long as they don't expect the other person to change to be more like them, they can be highly complementary and appreciative of the other's strengths.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I think as long as they don't expect the other person to change to be more like them, they can be highly complementary and appreciative of the other's strengths.
    I started a marriage thread on this. My wife's ESFJ. I hope you are right.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

My sister is ESFJ.

I can't stand her.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ESFJ

My father is INTP and i have a lot of respect for him.

It is hard for me to start conversations on here with this type as they don't help push forward the chit chat. I am more a face to face person though.

I did find however being on Vent last night that i was more relaxed just talking to people and not knowing their type. I think as soon as you type someone, it just puts extra barriers in the way.

I don't know.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    It is hard for me to start conversations on here with this type as they don't help push forward the chit chat. I am more a face to face person though.
    Course sometimes I just forget to reply....

>_>
    <_<
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My mother is ESFJ. We really are about as opposite as you can be. I can make her laugh hysterically and we do have some fun times when we're both in our carefree mode, but there seem to be a lot of things that are difficult for us to understand about each other. We just don't think about things the same way at all. Many, many times I have had to say, "I hate to do this, but I'm just done with this conversation. We're going to have to agree to disagree. You are my mom and I value your opinion, but we couldn't be further apart on this."

Example: In her eyes, I'm supposed to get a "good job" (whatever that means), work my way up the corporate ladder, marry a woman that is the same race as my family, who does not have "issues" or "tatoos", and make good money. Also, whenever an event is coming up in the family, I'm supposed to be FINISHED with all the preparation for that event about 2 weeks before it happens or else I'm being lazy and irresponsible and I don't care about the things that are important in life.

I love her - she's my mom. But, ESFJ's can, at times, be VERY difficult for an INTP to get along with.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Think you hit the nail on the head there. 'Carefree'. I found when things are of a playful nature, then i love you guys. The moment it gets all serious, we both might as well just bang your heads against the wall.

It is funny though how one letter can make so much difference. My kid is ENTP and he knows he is super smart with a huge ego (don't you love kids) and now i don't stress. Yes he does everything at the last minute, super messy kid, hopefully he will get his shit together, dry sense of humour. Its just mutual respect.
    We have read up on each other so we know roughly what to expect and how to approach the other.
    It's all good.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

Yup, when things are light between an ESFJ and an INTP, it's a LOT of fun. My ESFJ wife was the best first date I ever had, and we easily slid into a serious relationship.

It's the problems and stresses of building a life together that have undermined that by forcing us to solve problems, and we do that in VERY different ways.

MBTI
    INFP

My female ESFJ friend started dating an INTP guy earlier this year.

It ended badly. ESFJ got hurt by his lack of emotions, she blew up at him about it, and he got intimidated I think and chose to end it.

Both teenagers, btw.