• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFJ/INTP

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd imagine it's a lot like the abrasions caused by an INTJ/ESFP relationship. Just swap a couple of the points of contention.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
I think my dad is an ISFJ. All I'll say is that the mere thought of him being an extrovert makes me queasy. I can come to understand and appreciate how he sees things as it is, but if he was overbearing and such like an extrovert, I'd certainly consider suicide.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My mom is an ESFJ and our relationship is strained. While I appreciate that she's highly responsible, I can't stand her domineering ways. She interprets my INTP independence as a slight against her. I know a few ESFJ women and the thing I notice about them is that they can be your no. 1 supporter, but only if you act according to their values. They're great fun and good hostesses, but too suffocating to live with.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sounds like a mess to me. :BangHead:
My grandma was ESFJ and my grandpa is probably INTP (definite IxTx, INTP fits best). It didn't seem to me that their marriage was too rocky.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bleh, socionics.

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
sounds like a mess to me. :BangHead:

On the scale of ground zero.

I/ESFJ Husband. Suicide did crop up as a solution at one time but that would be messier. I beat that down - I'm bigger than that, supposed to be smarter than that!
My mission in life - to find a workable solution. It can be done, it must be done, it will be done, even if I die trying.
If I find one I'll leave instructions in my will for it to be posted on the forums.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
*reads thread*

never thought i'd say this, but, "thanks for being an ESTJ, mom."

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

ESFJ: Remember we have to go to the fair at noon, visit my family at four, go out to dinner with my friends at seven, and then drop off the movies at the redbox and come home and clean.

INTP: Or we could visit your family first and then head to the fair since it's closer to Olive Gar...

ESFJ: No, we're going to the fair at noon, visiting my family at four, etc.

*INTP suicides.*

ESFJ: Why do you have to be so weird?

No, it's more like this.

ESFJ: Remember we have to go to the fair at noon, visit my family at four, go out to dinner with my friends at seven, and then drop off the movies at the redbox and come home and clean.

INTP: Can't we just go out to dinner and forget about the rest?

ESFJ: But it's my family. They're very important.

INTP: *suicides*

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No .. It is more like this.

ESFJ: How about i go to the fair and have fun whilst you drop off the movies .. Then we meet up for dinner, come home and if we both clean then it'll be done in half the time and i'll see the family during the week. I'll make my excuses to my friends.

INTP: When do we have sex?

ESFJ: *Ripping off clothes before the sentence is completed*

Now that wasn't so hard was it. Things do not have to be over complicated :D Compromise and communication is the key

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
No .. It is more like this.

ESFJ: How about i go to the fair and have fun whilst you drop off the movies .. Then we meet up for dinner, come home and if we both clean then it'll be done in half the time and i'll see the family during the week. I'll make my excuses to my friends.

INTP: When do we have sex?

ESFJ: *Ripping off clothes before the sentence is completed*

Now that wasn't so hard was it. Things do not have to be over complicated :D Compromise and communication is the key

not saying this conversation has never taken place, but i am saying that it sounds extremely idealized.

also, i honestly can not wrap my mind around how anyone could stand it if this is how their SO is all the time.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
not saying this conversation has never taken place, but i am saying that it sounds extremely idealized.

also, i honestly can not wrap my mind around how anyone could stand it if this is how their SO is all the time.

You're correct .. I don't want everything my way all the time, but i am willing to compromise.

Lol .. This is why i don't have many relationships under my belt .. It's draining.

quamdel

MBTI Type
INTP
I have a female ESFJ co-worker. She is complex, so she passes for awesome. We are so different its only slightly funny.

I secretly want to train her shadow side so she can be a sociable genius lol. Right now she's a people person genius (and in school to be an "administrator"). She can boss me around whenever haha

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't want anyone living in my house that suggests we go out to dinner on the weekend then come home and clean the house (in half the time!). It would be like dating my mother.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
On the scale of ground zero.

I/ESFJ Husband. Suicide did crop up as a solution at one time but that would be messier. I beat that down - I'm bigger than that, supposed to be smarter than that!
My mission in life - to find a workable solution. It can be done, it must be done, it will be done, even if I die trying.
If I find one I'll leave instructions in my will for it to be posted on the forums.

that was intense.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
If all those INTP's committed suicide there would no more INTPs left in this world.

pplskillz

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think ESFJ's are either misunderstood or the ones who get out there are just naturally nuts! Some of the things I read are like OMG THAT ME IN HIGH SCHOOL, but I grew up. I started to appreciate those who were so good to me and I'm obsessed with being the best I can be for them. Manipulative maybe but harmless. Emotionally needy, maybe but in control. HOwever what the one person said about carefree mode is very true, when I'm stressed upset or need to get something done, don't get in my way I wil eat you. Sorry :s But whne I'm happy get ready for some wild memories!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like hanging out with INTPs's who have decent social skills. I don't know that I've ever met a female INTP, so I have NO idea what dating one would be like, but I would consider it. I need a good amount of verbal and physical affection, though, so we shall see. I am extremely E and J, too.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think as long as they don't expect the other person to change to be more like them, they can be highly complementary and appreciative of the other's strengths.

yes, people who have nothing in common usually get along just fine.