• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESFJ/INTP

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As an INTP who's dated ESFJs, and married/divorced an ISFJ, I'd strongly advise against it.

Unbelievably (misleadingly) fun at first...endlessly frustrating once things start getting real.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I know someone who is ESFJ. They're alright but they never really wanted much to do with me. She sits next to me and an ISTP in class, but she rarely talks to me if the ISTP is not there.

My sister is an ISFJ I think. She's an irrational bitch who gets pissy easily and tries to make everyone feel bad even if something is entirely her fault. When she's in a good mood she's alright but tends to put her headphones on too loud and not listen to anyone.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an INTP who's dated ESFJs, and married/divorced an ISFJ, I'd strongly advise against it.

Unbelievably (misleadingly) fun at first...endlessly frustrating once things start getting real.

Yep.

Just divorced my ESFJ.

A lot of fun when it's all good.

HFN when it's bad. Nobody can do emotions like an ESFJ. And god-forbid they start thinking their freakin' feelings are facts...

Emotionally manipulative...*shudders*

They do have some excellent qualities and there were things that my partner excelled at that I admired and envied. But...in the end, there were multiple incompatibilities and a lot of lack of acceptance of who I am from him (if I can just push that right buttons, then surely she'll start acting 'right'), and good ol' generic selfishness that killed it.

If both are supremely healthy and you are both willing to explore, accept, and find ways to reach other, it might work. Might...it will take a supreme (and constant) effort.