First 123 Last

Thread: How to Quit 101

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmmm, I may need to consider something along these lines as well. I still want to wait till October to see what the fate of my job may be; but after that I have at least from then till April to find something new if I don't get a different (more satisfying) position.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Is it me or are there too much Intuitives in that work place.

It seems like a job that ESTJ or any other SJ would like.

But I think most Intuitives would be bored.
    (It seems dominated by NJ - They need variety )

But yea, follow Thursday advice
    Join my gamma group on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit....id=63943661343
    Thats if you are either ENTJ, ISFJ, ESFP or INTP

MBTI
    ENTP

They like me because I am similar to the EN-J wife at the age of 19 or 20. I think they see me as a pet project they are helping get into law school. They are some of the nicest people I have ever come in contact with. That is why I am hesitant about quitting. The couple lives by the philosophy that the children's lives they touch is their legacy so they generously help any teen if they can. They take their son's friends to take the assessment test for the local JC and help them buy their books and they rent rooms at reduced prices to teens so they can save for school.

I was telling my mom (ESfJ) about my job and why I hated it, and she said that she would find it very fun. It is a job for an SJ. The other people that do my job in the suite are both ESFJs.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

It is much clearer now: quit.

(As long as it doesn't hurt your chances of getting into law school somehow.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Impossible !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUjGxgbC68"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

I would suggest carefully examining the alternatives before taking a decision. Not only is it important to weigh the pros and cons, but to try to picture yourself in the alternative and how you would feel. I don't think it's easy to do this naturally, and it takes some work, hence the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    First, I'd definitely make sure you could find another job if you left. A shitty job is, I think, better than no job at all, especially if you do have financial obligations to take care of.
    Spot on. It's better to eat and have a roof over your head. That's first priority. If you can ensure that elsewhere, put in your 2 weeks notice.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

I'd try to leave on as good of terms as possible, since that's quite a chunk of time to put into something without getting a good reference. I might even considering lying as for the reason I'm leaving if they pressured me and it came down to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INTP

The grass is greener where? I already said I will not help the other side win. I'm simply going to quit this forum and quit trying to help you. What needs to be weighed?

MBTI
    INTP

If they're like family, I'd simply tell them what you've told us. Just tell them that you think they're wonderful, and you appreciate the amazing opportunity they've given you, but that the monotony of the actual task is starting to get to you, and that you really need some variety when you come to work every day. Maybe tell them that as a lawyer, you'd get to analyze situations and how best to attack them and win the case, which is a mental challenge you'd appreciate. But filing, no matter how great the environment, isn't giving you the challenge you need, and it's absolutely nothing personal, but you feel like it's time to find something else.

I think they'll understand. Heck, they may even try to find something around there that would suit your personality better. But likely, at the very least, they'll hate to see you go, but ultimately understand and wish you well.
    Something Witty