• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Attn: INTP men

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I buy into the statistical average (of course I'm just making an assumption), not into stereotypes. :)

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
FWIW, I've seen both extremes.

As an example, I'm the antithesis to the unkept, couch-potato-esque INTP, although nearly every other INTP I've seen (that doesn't mean I know them) is that way.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
As an example, I'm the antithesis to the unkept, couch-potato-esque INTP, although nearly every other INTP I've seen (that doesn't mean I know them) is that way.

Do you type people you don't know all the time?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
No, the professors of a personality class and and engineering synthesis class I took typed them for me.

You make it sound as if the guys in the classes typed as INTPs were couch potato slobs while all the other guys in the classes were rugged sporty men. Talk about sample bias.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
You make it sound as if the guys in the classes typed as INTPs were couch potato slobs while all the other guys in the classes were rugged sporty men. Talk about sample bias.

Did I ever say that other types do not share a similar stereotype? There are other unkept coach potato people who are not INTP! That held true in both of the classes I spoke of.

It just so happened that a majority of the people who tested INTP fit the stereotype. When exams are in full swing and/or when my extracurricular activities are most demanding, I too exemplify the unkept stereotype.

Sample bias though, I cannot account for. Whoever signs up for the classes signs up.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Did I ever say that other types do not share a similar stereotype? There are other unkept coach potato people who are NOT INTP! That held true in both of the classes I spoke of.

Exactly. You'd be hard pressed to find a correlation between any personality and physical fitness, although they probably exist. On the other hand it would be comparably easy to find a correlation between students majoring in a particular field of study and fitness. If you mix the two, there's no way to be objective about the first correlation.

As for the topic, I find ENTJ women can be cool, but I haven't met very many. My younger cousin is an ENTJ and we get along pretty well. She laughs at my jokes, what more can one ask for?

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Exactly. You'd be hard pressed to find a correlation between any personality and physical fitness, although they probably exist. On the other hand it would be comparably easy to find a correlation between students majoring in a particular field of study and fitness. If you mix the two, there's no way to be objective about the first correlation.

As for the topic, I find ENTJ women can be cool, but I haven't met very many. My younger cousin is an ENTJ and we get along pretty well. She laughs at my jokes, what more can one ask for?

I do believe a correlation has been found between personality type and major or career choice. Since we both agree that there probably is a correlation between major or career choice and physical fitness would it not be logical to conclude that there is a correlation between personality type and physical fitness?

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you like ENTJ girls or do you also think they are crazy?

Also, if you have previously dated an ENTJ girl, did she control you and end up stepping all over you like a spineless puppy

i'm not sure if i ever met one of them ENTJ gals. should be fun though!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes I also consider kids, a picket fence, and a grill. But hey lets not take it too far.

hmmm, I never got the picket fence... I'll remember that for next time!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got the fence, but not the girl.

I now see how this complicates things.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the only bad scenario that I've seen with ENTJ female INTP male relationship. INTP lets ENTJ make the plans, do whatever, go wherever (because INTP doesn't really care) but when INTP gets bored with this (it takes a while but they usually do) and wants to start deciding and planning where to go and what to do....this is where there can be trouble.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the only bad scenario that I've seen with ENTJ female INTP male relationship. INTP lets ENTJ make the plans, do whatever, go wherever (because INTP doesn't really care) but when INTP gets bored with this (it takes a while but they usually do) and wants to start deciding and planning where to go and what to do....this is where there can be trouble.

This is easily avoidable if the INTP voices his opinion right from the start. Which I would do.

Also a reason why I'm still single I assume. :smile:

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Been there, done that. I cut him loose.