User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 85

Thread: Attn: INTP men

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I buy into the statistical average (of course I'm just making an assumption), not into stereotypes.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    FWIW, I've seen both extremes.
    As an example, I'm the antithesis to the unkept, couch-potato-esque INTP, although nearly every other INTP I've seen (that doesn't mean I know them) is that way.

  3. #43
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    As an example, I'm the antithesis to the unkept, couch-potato-esque INTP, although nearly every other INTP I've seen (that doesn't mean I know them) is that way.
    Do you type people you don't know all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Do you type people you don't know all the time?
    No, the professors of a personality class and and engineering synthesis class I took typed them for me.

  5. #45
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    No, the professors of a personality class and and engineering synthesis class I took typed them for me.
    You make it sound as if the guys in the classes typed as INTPs were couch potato slobs while all the other guys in the classes were rugged sporty men. Talk about sample bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    You make it sound as if the guys in the classes typed as INTPs were couch potato slobs while all the other guys in the classes were rugged sporty men. Talk about sample bias.
    Did I ever say that other types do not share a similar stereotype? There are other unkept coach potato people who are not INTP! That held true in both of the classes I spoke of.

    It just so happened that a majority of the people who tested INTP fit the stereotype. When exams are in full swing and/or when my extracurricular activities are most demanding, I too exemplify the unkept stereotype.

    Sample bias though, I cannot account for. Whoever signs up for the classes signs up.

  7. #47
    WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    Did I ever say that other types do not share a similar stereotype? There are other unkept coach potato people who are NOT INTP! That held true in both of the classes I spoke of.
    Exactly. You'd be hard pressed to find a correlation between any personality and physical fitness, although they probably exist. On the other hand it would be comparably easy to find a correlation between students majoring in a particular field of study and fitness. If you mix the two, there's no way to be objective about the first correlation.

    As for the topic, I find ENTJ women can be cool, but I haven't met very many. My younger cousin is an ENTJ and we get along pretty well. She laughs at my jokes, what more can one ask for?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Exactly. You'd be hard pressed to find a correlation between any personality and physical fitness, although they probably exist. On the other hand it would be comparably easy to find a correlation between students majoring in a particular field of study and fitness. If you mix the two, there's no way to be objective about the first correlation.

    As for the topic, I find ENTJ women can be cool, but I haven't met very many. My younger cousin is an ENTJ and we get along pretty well. She laughs at my jokes, what more can one ask for?
    I do believe a correlation has been found between personality type and major or career choice. Since we both agree that there probably is a correlation between major or career choice and physical fitness would it not be logical to conclude that there is a correlation between personality type and physical fitness?

  9. #49
    Senior Member Jasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    Do you like ENTJ girls or do you also think they are crazy?

    Also, if you have previously dated an ENTJ girl, did she control you and end up stepping all over you like a spineless puppy
    i'm not sure if i ever met one of them ENTJ gals. should be fun though!
    .
    INTP/5w4 sx

  10. #50
    Lasting_Pain
    Guest

    Default

    A well developed ENTJ is actually my vision of a wife.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP men, how do you behave when you are no longer attracted to a girl?
    By Almari in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
  2. [INTP] INTP men and love
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
  3. [INTP] INTP men and your approach to sex
    By Lori in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO