User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: T love

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I recognise that CONNECT ANEW thing. I get the same vibe being around ENFPs I know. Actually, it feels more lifelike than the business of savoring internally. If one--this one, that is, me, thus far in this life--sits too long with Fi, it sours.
    God I love how you write.

MBTI
    INTJ

*seeks for witty reply*

*minutes later gives up--fail*

*wonders if Soundgarden has INTJS*

*jesus christ pose*

*minutes pass*

*reboot: Ty Cobb*

*shakes head at self, posts anyway*

(That's what savoring Fi looks like, he wonders?)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    my categories as written are very poor. regardless,

T is still linear, objective, and impersonal.
    F is still holistic, subjective, and personal.

i can sense a great difference in the perception of love for F and T types (i AM specifically talking iNtuitives).

what is this perspective of passion for T types, and what disconnect do you see in the way that nf and nt types imagine and articulate their self-understandings and experiences of love? when you want someone in particular so much that you do not see anyone else?

It's not a difference in perception of love because NTs and NFs have the same perceptive process N; it's merely a difference in the decision as to how to display that perception of feeling, whether by T or by F means of expression.

T is linear in a vacuum, but NTs don't live anywhere as close to that vacuum as do STs, especially the N-dominant ones (ENTP/INTJ.) Because Thinking is a secondary priority for us, we don't tend to have very "linear" thought processes at all--Thinking is only allowed to direct and advise from a clearly subordinate position. iNtuition gets the final say. (If you want the true opposite perspective, try asking ISTPs or ESTJs--they're both T dominant and Sensors, can probably explain what you're looking for much more clearly...also talking to INTP/ENTJ couldn't hurt either, since they're T dominants as well.)

Again, you think you can intuit the real feelings of Thinkers but you can't. NTs, at least, feel love very similarly to the way you feel love; we just aren't very good at expressing it and sometimes that makes us uncomfortable so we try to downplay its significance by talking about how it's "all just chemical reactions" or whatnot...which it technically is, but that doesn't mean we don't feel its potent emotional effects. (Many of us just refuse to admit it or show it outwardly because we don't know how.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    We feel love very similarly to the way you feel love; we just aren't very good at expressing it and sometimes it makes us uncomfortable so we try to downplay its significance by talking about how it's "all just chemical reactions" or whatnot...which is technically is, but that doesn't mean we don't feel its potent emotional effects. (Many of us just refuse to admit it or show it outwardly because we don't know how.)
    Don't really need an ST to explain love to you, the above is all you need to go off

Love is not different for Ts but I can see why you might think so

I would suggest that you very clearly describe what being "in love" feels like for you. Not short term emo affection but the real deal.

1. Describe the way you connect,
    2. the physiological response you feel,
    3. the time duration, and the
    4.intesntiy of the emotion you feel.

I understand this for Fi, but have no understanding of Fe. State, oddly, your description doesnt really match mine making me think they may differ for Fe and Fi.

Read this along time ago so needs a fact check but: Attachment in animals is moderated oxytocin (?) receptors in various portions of the brain. Animals with highly monogomous attachments-prarie voles-will die if seperated from thier mates and have oxytocin receptors in hte part of the brain that controls pleasure. Animals with no attachment/mating and depart behavior-mountain voles-have few to no receptors in that part of the brain for oxytocin.

MBTI
    INTJ

F love is so the science project.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I can achieve passionate focus on anyone or anything in short bursts. Often, it's just about a need being fulfilled ... their need or mine or both.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    I would suggest that you very clearly describe what being "in love" feels like for you. Not short term emo affection but the real deal.

1. Describe the way you connect,
    2. the physiological response you feel,
    3. the time duration, and the
    4.intesntiy of the emotion you feel.

I understand this for Fi, but have no understanding of Fe. State, oddly, your description doesnt really match mine making me think they may differ for Fe and Fi.
    The thing is that I know logically when I am in love, but I only feel it occasionally. It's not an omnipresent thing, and it's hard for me to imagine that it is that way for others. But when I feel it, it's like I just drank a glass of liquid sunshine.

But once I am aware that I am experiencing an emotion, I immediately start to think about it and that somehow, accidentally, stops me from focusing on feeling it at that moment.

I sometimes want to revel in a feeling and I get really irritated when people start talking and make me aware of it (e.g. "isn't this fun?"). I snap back to reality almost instantly. Why state the obvious?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    my categories as written are very poor. regardless,

T is still linear, objective, and impersonal.
    F is still holistic, subjective, and personal.

i can sense a great difference in the perception of love for F and T types (i AM specifically talking iNtuitives).

what is this perspective of passion for T types, and what disconnect do you see in the way that nf and nt types imagine and articulate their self-understandings and experiences of love? when you want someone in particular so much that you do not see anyone else?
    Love or passion isn't objective, impersonal, or very linear for us. Love CAN'T be objective or impersonal, or even linear. It will always be subjective and personal, otherwise it isn't love. We're perfectly capable of feeling. T's just have a different way of showing love than F's do. It's understandable that you'd think this way, because we just show our love in ways that you might not be able to recognize. T isn't our perceptive function, the N is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    +1

But when I feel it, it's like I just drank a glass of liquid sunshine.
    You mean being in love is like drinking a glass of Sunny D?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    God I love how you write.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    F love is so the science project.
    me too.