• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to spot an NT

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, you have a point about alone in a movie theater. I've spent many many evenings like that.

I do that as well. Its kind of fun... you feel like a rebel! I get there early and take the best seat in the house, 3/4 of the way up right SMACK in the middle of the row. :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I do that as well. Its kind of fun... you feel like a rebel! I get there early and take the best seat in the house, 3/4 of the way up right SMACK in the middle of the row. :D

That's exactly where I sit and where the sound quality is best. Man, I feel not so alone anymore. :blush:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
That reminds me. You might find INTJ's working for one of those janitorial companies that clean up crime scenes. No talking, you probably work on call, you can wear a respirator and bio hazard suit so you don't have to worry about bed head or getting dressed up for work.

I worked in the office at a funeral home for awhile. I would say being a funeral director/undertaker would be the ultimate NT job. It was actually soothing to help prepare the people for viewing. Except for when their lips needed to be super glued shut. The simplicity made me giggle some.

I wonder if INTJs are also often movie extras - "stand there, mill about, look nondescript - that's it"

*takes notes on potential career options*

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I worked in the office at a funeral home for awhile. I would say being a funeral director/undertaker would be the ultimate NT job. It was actually soothing to help prepare the people for viewing. Except for when their lips needed to be super glued shut. The simplicity made me giggle some.

My high school career inventories used to give me this sort of result all the time. Funeral director/mortician/undertaker. I always thought it was hilarious.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So basically do the things I enjoy doing and see who else is doing it. Cool. :D

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite frankly, I'd pull my hair out if I had a job where I didn't talk to anyone. What I'd love is a job where I'm not required to engage in small talk all the time but I can have a good conversation with an intelligent person when I'm in the mood.

Ok. I'll give you that. However, I could stand 10 hours a day not saying a word to anyone as long as I had access to my friends. I don't really need any other "interaction." Then again, I have worked in service industry for nine years now. My job fights my 'natural' tendencies everyday. So I guess I fantasize about not speaking to people.....and that fantasy is sooooo awesome! :drool:
Lol, impressive for an NT. ;)

This is how most NT women are when they are in love. All or nothing.

MBTI Type
INTJ

That's exactly where I sit and where the sound quality is best. Man, I feel not so alone anymore. :blush:

I go to the movies alone all the time, although it's not as strange here in Los Angeles. I like to sit near the front, though...about four rows up, dead center.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

:yes:

I go to the movies alone all the time, although it's not as strange here in Los Angeles. I like to sit near the front, though...about four rows up, dead center.

It hurts my neck - and my soul - to sit so close. I can't see the entire screen and I usually just fall asleep from trying so hard, especially if I've been drinking.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok. I'll give you that. However, I could stand 10 hours a day not saying a word to anyone as long as I had access to my friends. I don't really need any other "interaction." Then again, I have worked in service industry for nine years now. My job fights my 'natural' tendencies everyday. So I guess I fantasize about not speaking to people.....and that fantasy is sooooo awesome! :drool:

How can you stand it??!!! A good number of my friends are (oddly enough) extremely extroverted sensors who are hospitality students at Cornell. I cringe at the thought of not being able to ditch them after a few hours on a Friday night. Day to day interaction would just kill me

NT men are the same way when it comes to love, at least I am.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I was talking about the customer interactions being the most hated! Making small talk sucks...big time. That's pretty much all I do. (It's emotionally draining for me). So yeah, fantasizing about not speaking to them is fabulous! But my co-workers? I love them! I had them all take the MBTI test (I'm a dork) and I work with 2 ENFP's, 1 ENTJ, and 1 ESFP (my favorite and the one I'm closest to outside of work). All of us are really close. We're like family. Yay for diversity in the workplace! :thumbup:

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Take all the people you know. Take out all the people who seem to really care a lot that the rules are followed. Then take out all the people who seem to care a great deal about how everyone else is feeling. Then take out the people you think would rather be doing something than talking or thinking about it. The people left might be NTs. Or it could just be a very rebellious group of lazy bastards.

Spot on! :devil:

I get this secret society feeling with other NTs. It's like having a code that the others are not allowed into. Verbal acrobatics, slap-stick comedy, topics that only interest us (and I think it's everything but the celebrity gossip), instant connection even with the minimum interaction.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I was talking about the customer interactions being the most hated! Making small talk sucks...big time. That's pretty much all I do. (It's emotionally draining for me). So yeah, fantasizing about not speaking to them is fabulous! But my co-workers? I love them! I had them all take the MBTI test (I'm a dork) and I work with 2 ENFP's, 1 ENTJ, and 1 ESFP (my favorite and the one I'm closest to outside of work). All of us are really close. We're like family. Yay for diversity in the workplace! :thumbup:

Yeah the small talk is beyond obnoxious. When I don't want to do it most people can see right through my fake facade.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often catch my INTJ brother in this pose:

<NOTE: The man in the photo is not him.>

A_deep_Thought.jpg

nocebo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Easy! NTs are all idea people! :D
They like developing, stimulating, and applying their grand-scale ideas.

How they do that will differ, of course.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I often catch my INTJ brother in this pose:

<NOTE: The man in the photo is not him.>

A_deep_Thought.jpg

lmfao I was doing this while reading your post.... yes we do tend to be in the thinker pose.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spot on! :devil:

I get this secret society feeling with other NTs. It's like having a code that the others are not allowed into. Verbal acrobatics, slap-stick comedy, topics that only interest us (and I think it's everything but the celebrity gossip), instant connection even with the minimum interaction.

For me this is only really true with the ENTP/INTP dynamic. Instantaneous connection. Meeting another ENTP makes me feel normal....:laugh: ENTJ and INTJ...although we get along really well it's not the same initial connection.

A little derailment but allow me to give a little ENTP love here (it's for a good cause!)

Having someone who can laugh with you at the most macabre, dark humor imaginable and not apologize is priceless. Someone who can understand your ideas before you've even finished explaining? Awesome.
Example of a mentally inspired INTP during a conversation with average person: thoughts/ideas/connections are happening way too fast in my brain to translate that to my mouth to speak clearly and by the time I can speak clearly....fuck it who cares I figured it out....it wasn't that great of a thought. What? You want me to explain it anyway? Ugh...now I'm bored and this conversation has become tedious.

ENTP's will get the gist of what INTP is trying to say with the few sputtering, random words that do initially escape our mouths. They end up not only interrupting our thought stream halfway (preventing us from hitting the killswitch button). They end up finishing our ideas and saying them back to us more clearly than we think it! For that ENTP's are awesome!

Okay. For the OP....How to spot an NT...they derail threads! (I'm pulling this out of my ass...is it working??)

:D

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
You can spot MDP2525 by her habit of picking her teeth with a bowie knife. I know because I went frog gigging with her last week.