• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to spot an NT

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aint you afraid of the destructive function, as in where may it be directed at ? :)

intp suicide bombers?! its more dastardly than i had ever imagined. :eek:

Rest assured (sorry Wind cant wait for your comment, its 10 am here), the last time I trusted the data from a probe that ass-invaded and I traveled back in time to fix the error that happened:

so...what youre saying here is that its the future...in my ass?!

ENTROPIE!!!!!!!!!!! :khan:

^You can spot an NT because they refer to things like Stargate SG-1

You gotta admit that this is pretty game on.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find most NT to be well read. If you are talking to someone, and they seem to know alot about alot then they are most likely NT. NT tend to be curious and absorb knowledge just for fun. SJ tend to only learn new stuff because they were told to do so or it lead to some promotion.

NF- Well yea they tend to know alot too. But you can see they are soft.
And you will rarely find an NT talking about people, just about ideas.
I don't think you need an NT friend, get an NF friend. Balance you out.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I find most NT to be well read. If you are talking to someone, and they seem to know alot about alot then they are most likely NT. NT tend to be curious and absorb knowledge just for fun. SJ tend to only learn new stuff because they were told to do so or it lead to some promotion.

NF- Well yea they tend to know alot too. But you can see they are soft.
And you will rarely find an NT talking about people, just about ideas.
I don't think you need an NT friend, get an NF friend. Balance you out.

I agree except for the talking about people part. Me and my clearly INTP brother (along with my INFP brother) talk about people all the time.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I've noticed that my NT friends are more willing to engage in abstract, theoretical conversation than my non-NT friends--at least, the non-NT's will more quickly change the subject. NT's also seem to be less emotionally involved in the content of a discussion.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Simple.

Steal a leopard's spots, and paste them onto the NT while they're sleeping. ;)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
intp suicide bombers?! its more dastardly than i had ever imagined. :eek:

Hey, it's no laughing matter - I was 700 feet from an INTP suicide bomber at one point (seriously).

He only took out a park bench, so that's nice.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hey, it's no laughing matter - I was 700 feet from an INTP suicide bomber at one point (seriously).

He only took out a park bench, so that's nice.

Yeah but what a mess.

That reminds me. You might find INTJ's working for one of those janitorial companies that clean up crime scenes. No talking, you probably work on call, you can wear a respirator and bio hazard suit so you don't have to worry about bed head or getting dressed up for work.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
and jeno I love you <3

ich liebe dich auch, schatzi.

I guess this is a joke? I know a bunch of idiotic NTs and super well read, let's say, INFJs like Peguy for instance. Or my ESTJ bff who can show me up on pretty much anything since she actually remembers details... :doh:

Yeah but what a mess.

The reminds me. You might find INTJ's working for one of those janitorial companies that clean up crime scenes. No talking, you probably work on call, you can wear a respirator and bio hazard suit so you don't have to worry about bed head or getting dressed up for work.

Actually, I wouldn't mind doing that either. I recently learned how to get blood off my walls properly and now I'm fascinated.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I worked in the office at a funeral home for awhile. I would say being a funeral director/undertaker would be the ultimate NT job. It was actually soothing to help prepare the people for viewing. Except for when their lips needed to be super glued shut. The simplicity made me giggle some.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's really funny because my first NT boyfriend worked in a funeral home (not sure of his type, as we dated soooo long ago, but definitely NT). And I have an INTJ female cousin who works in a funeral home now. Must be something to it - coworkers who don't talk back? I dunno.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yeah but what a mess.

That reminds me. You might find INTJ's working for one of those janitorial companies that clean up crime scenes. No talking, you probably work on call, you can wear a respirator and bio hazard suit so you don't have to worry about bed head or getting dressed up for work.

I wonder if INTJs are also often movie extras - "stand there, mill about, look nondescript - that's it"

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I wonder if INTJs are also often movie extras - "stand there, mill about, look nondescript - that's it"

Actually yes. There are a bunch of them on film sets. There is even an INTJ on here that I know makes the rounds...

EDIT: now that I think about it, I know 2 on here that work as extras.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
I worked in the office at a funeral home for awhile. I would say being a funeral director/undertaker would be the ultimate NT job. It was actually soothing to help prepare the people for viewing. Except for when their lips needed to be super glued shut. The simplicity made me giggle some.

Funeral home director is quite low on my list of sweet jobs.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Jeno you may have something there. A few days ago, when asked by a stranger what my dream job would be I replied, "A job where I don't have to talk to anyone."

Maybe funeral homes are a good start? ;)

Someone else said something similar but I'd like to reiterate...not all of us love gaming/video games! I don't mind video games now and then but most of the time they bore me to tears after an hour. I'd rather be out doing something.

To answer the OP: To spot an NT simply make a statement utilizing faulty logic and regardless of introvert/extrovert, their attention will be on you. That's right...work smarter, not harder. Let them come to you. :devil:

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
:laugh: Jeno you may have something there. A few days ago, when asked by a stranger what my dream job would be I replied, "A job where I don't have to talk to anyone."

Maybe funeral homes are a good start? ;)

Someone else said something similar but I'd like to reiterate...not all of us love gaming/video games! I don't mind video games now and then but most of the time they bore me to tears after an hour. I'd rather be out doing something.

To answer the OP: To spot an NT simply make a statement utilizing faulty logic and regardless of introvert/extrovert, their attention will be on you. That's right...work smarter, not harder. Let them come to you. :devil:

Quite frankly, I'd pull my hair out if I had a job where I didn't talk to anyone. What I'd love is a job where I'm not required to engage in small talk all the time but I can have a good conversation with an intelligent person when I'm in the mood.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Funeral home director is quite low on my list of sweet jobs.

Ok INTJ jobs. The drawbacks are the being on call all the time part and you have to be there pretty early for funerals. I found the actual embalming process fascinating though.

JonJT

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok INTJ jobs. The drawbacks are the being on call all the time part and you have to be there pretty early for funerals. I found the actual embalming process fascinating though.

I too find embalming interesting although not enough to want to do it for a living. I enjoy my melancholy moods just like any other INTP but I don't want to live with them all the time.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Take all the people you know. Take out all the people who seem to really care a lot that the rules are followed. Then take out all the people who seem to care a great deal about how everyone else is feeling. Then take out the people you think would rather be doing something than talking or thinking about it. The people left might be NTs. Or it could just be a very rebellious group of lazy bastards.

:laugh: - That pretty much sums up the NT's I know!