• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to spot an NT

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
You can tell the ExTPs apart because ENTPs make direct eye contact when speaking to you, while ESTPs are trying to look at their own reflection in your glasses. :D

:laugh: Good to know!

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
You can say if you are just fucking with our minds, we wont trust you then !

Whatever do you mean, sir...? I would never have any devious plans that would require that I deceive an ENTP!:smile:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTPs and ENTJs are impossible to distinguish from ESTPs and ESTJs in chaotic social settings, apart from their bizarre sense of humor and the fact that they are clearly taking notes and coming up with plans for world domination (hint: you can see this in their eyes).

I think theres a difference. I think that even at their most active an NT is always going to have that kinda detached quality to them. But your right otherwise. If you find yourself in a conversation in a seemingly innocuous conversation with a charming and engaging person, but can't seem to shake the feeling youre being studied, its probably an ENT.

So damn true, Ceecee. I find this especially with INTPs, whereas with ENTPs we just talk over each other - saying the same damn thing...

I love hanging with my ENTJ sis, we never have to exchange words, just knowing glances that send us off into giggle fits, especially if we see someone trip and fall.

Each NT-NT connection def seems to come with its own flavor. Hanging out with an ENTP usually leads to outrageous banter, deep philosophical conversation with the INTPs, more student-teacher with the INTJs, chill out have a beer and shoot the shit with other ENTJs.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I think theres a difference. I think that even at their most active an NT is always going to have that kinda detached quality to them.

I hadn't thought of this, but it does seem quite plausible :yes:

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Many NTs are easily identified by one of the following: an angry-looking concentration face, a clear lack of understanding of the aesthetics involved in dressing yourself, a huge pile of books obscuring their faces, generally looking nerdy, or ruminating on the merits of post-colonial literature/physics/philosophy etc etc

:doh: That is horrendously accurate. I've heard this is common for NTs (esp. INTPs/INTJs), but I'm frequently told that I appear to be glaring, when really all I'm doing consciously is observing my surroundings. You'll always find me reading a book of some sort, and I have a four-foot pile of coding books in my bedroom waiting to be skimmed (I have a tendency to buy books even for a language I already know, just to see if there's any additional information I can gather).

As for fashion, my style is best described as "engineer-esque." :nerd: Even worse, I'm female. ;)

As for where you'd find me, I'm a high school student so my free time is somewhat limited. But when I'm not doing an assignment you will either find me at the library (this is like my 2nd home), at a computer store, or at a public garden. Anywhere quiet I can think and not be bothered.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
:doh: That is horrendously accurate. I've heard this is common for NTs (esp. INTPs/INTJs), but I'm frequently told that I appear to be glaring, when really all I'm doing consciously is observing my surroundings. You'll always find me reading a book of some sort, and I have a four-foot pile of coding books in my bedroom waiting to be skimmed (I have a tendency to buy books even for a language I already know, just to see if there's any additional information I can gather).

As for fashion, my style is best described as "engineer-esque." :nerd: Even worse, I'm female. ;)

As for where you'd find me, I'm a high school student so my free time is somewhat limited. But when I'm not doing an assignment you will either find me at the library (this is like my 2nd home), at a computer store, or at a public garden. Anywhere quiet I can think and not be bothered.

Lithium I think I have a girl-crush on you.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think theres a difference. I think that even at their most active an NT is always going to have that kinda detached quality to them. But your right otherwise. If you find yourself in a conversation in a seemingly innocuous conversation with a charming and engaging person, but can't seem to shake the feeling youre being studied, its probably an ENT.

When people describe me, I always hear the same 2 words: intense and aloof. I never knew how one could be both until someone said that I am like a predator casually and nonchalantly licking its paws, while eyeing you down. Even I shudder at that description.

(although someone did call me "bubbly" the other day...)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

We only do that so you dont notice the mechanical probe invading your ass :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram

I thought I felt something when I was talking to that one ENTP...

Anyway I thought MacGuffin determined that it was INTJs putting things up people's colons.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When people describe me, I always hear the same 2 words: intense and aloof. I never knew how one could be both until someone said that I am like a predator casually and nonchalantly licking its paws, while eyeing you down. Even I shudder at that description.

(although someone did call me "bubbly" the other day...)

Thats why I think that the Ps are the more dangerous of the two ENTs. I think without concerted effort, Js will radiate the predator vibe blatantly so even if you like them theres really no confusion about who would eat whom in the "plane crash in the andes" scenario. Ps are just outwardly cute and scattered enough that the person might ignore the red flag in their head until the P, you know, gets bored and breaks the toy.

Case and point VVVV

Anyway I thought MacGuffin determined that it was INTJs putting things up people's colons.

Classic NTP subterfuge. We all know who those INTP bastards really work for :dry:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Classic NTP subterfuge. We all know who those INTP bastards really work for :dry:

[lame joke coming that needs you to have double strong Ne]

But you dont know what we have them working on :D

[/lame joke coming that needs you to have double strong Ne]

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:rofl1:
you guys are cracking me up.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[lame joke coming that needs you to have double strong Ne]

But you dont know what we have them working on :D

[/lame joke coming that needs you to have double strong Ne]

Well they have to be working on something, because completing a project would trigger the auto-self destruct function. A small glitch, but it rendered them ENTJ non-compatible, unfortunately.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well they have to be working on something, because completing a project would trigger the auto-self destruct function. A small glitch, but it rendered them ENTJ non-compatible, unfortunately.

aint you afraid of the destructive function, as in where may it be directed at ? :)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Js will radiate the predator vibe blatantly so even if you like them theres really no confusion about who would eat whom in the "plane crash in the andes" scenario.

This is both rib-cracklingly funny and unfortunately true.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Rest assured (sorry Wind cant wait for your comment, its 10 am here), the last time I trusted the data from a probe that ass-invaded and I traveled back in time to fix the error that happened:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-3kVIc1F8"].[/YOUTUBE]

:D Wish you all a good nite sleep

and jeno I love you <3

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
^You can spot an NT because they refer to things like Stargate SG-1